HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toucher & Rich: Did You Know Seguin Was Traded?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 08:46 AM
  #51
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
"Um I always see him out in the industry, I work in the industry, he's always out partying, so I get to see him, we partied together a few times"

check. mate.
Because nobody who works in the bar, or is just, in general out on the town has 'claimed' to see anyone in the public eye simply for attention

Tell ya what, if that person were to actually produce something more tangible than her word, it would support her cause. "We partied together" so funny, I envision someone standing about 15-20 feet within Seguin and using that distance to determine they partied "together".

I work in the Industry here in Halifax, I actually saw Marchand out and about town, but in no way did I see him a) hammered and acting crazy with his shirt off or b) partied along with him and if I did.........my ego does not require me to come on here and make claims I did

Can`t stand the my best friends cousins, second Aunt`s grandmothers crud, your about as far from a check mate as can be

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 09:43 AM
  #52
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!
 
Cutielemon07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my own world
Country: Wales
Posts: 243
vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
i think my crush on bergy and marchy would exist even if the unthinkable happened and the didnt play for us.
Hmm... Me too!
But I would still love the Bruins more. Well, just as much as I do now.

Cutielemon07 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:08 AM
  #53
vjcsmoke
Registered User
 
vjcsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The only thing that I have in common with those people is that we all have vaginas. No skin off my back if they want to be mental midgets.

Full disclosure, I didn't listen to the bit yet so I might change my mind, but in general, that's how I look at it.
Did you know Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars?
Who are the Dallas Stars?
A hockey team in Dallas
I thought Dallas was a football state
*facepalm* lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Ah yes, anonymous girl on Toucher and Rich saying he's her favourite because she's partied with him and he's always out in the "industry" is your idea of confirmation....

Yet same anonymous girls has no idea Seguin was even traded, and for some reason thinks Dallas is a football "state".

If that's all the proof you needed, there was a poster in the "Reaction to Seguin/Eriksson trade?" who knows a bartender who saw Seguin out in the bars all the time "brawlin"... Tyler Seguin the brawler even. This type of information being regurgitated by people as "proof" and/or "confirmation" is the problem.

See earlier post about wanting to believe the negative too badly.
And the first thing Seguin does after shutting down his twitter is get on Instagram... *eyeroll* Why do you feel the need to defend Seguin?. So he partied too much. Duh, and how many 21 year olds don't party? Just deal with the fact that sometimes where there's smoke, in this case a lot of smoke, there's fire.

This led to Seguin's twitter getting shut down:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...040543275.html


Last edited by vjcsmoke: 07-19-2013 at 10:21 AM.
vjcsmoke is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:51 AM
  #54
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
And the first thing Seguin does after shutting down his twitter is get on Instagram... *eyeroll* Why do you feel the need to defend Seguin?. So he partied too much. Duh, and how many 21 year olds don't party? Just deal with the fact that sometimes where there's smoke, in this case a lot of smoke, there's fire.

This led to Seguin's twitter getting shut down:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...040543275.html
Who cares what the first thing Seguin did after shutting down twitter was?

As for why I defend Seguin (by defend I assume you mean refuse to character assassinate a player because he was traded and continue to discuss the merits of others doing so), did you have an actual issue with one of my posts, or are you just asking why I post what I post? I ask because I haven't got the time or the patience to investigate and then spell out the latter for you when it should be none of your concern in the first place. You want to talk hockey with me, lets do it, you want to discuss philosophical and psychological based topics, watch Ricki Lake, Oprah, or Doctor Phil (I assume all are still on air) with someone else who has similar interests.

And I'm well aware of why Seguin closed down his twitter account. Very smart move by both him and Dallas, if I ran a team no player would access social media of any kind.

In regards to your "where there's smoke there's fire" statement, people still use that saying like it's 2003. It means far far farrr less now then it used to. Back when the only media was a qualified one the "smoke" tended to come from legitimate places. Now a days smoke comes from any yahoo with an internet connection (and that's just about everyone), is blown up, over exaggerated, over hyped to the point where it's incredibly ridiculous... such as the case here.

Note, I don't now nor have I ever pretended like Seguin is an angel in this scenario. As the only 21 year old single guy on the team you could argue that one should expect him to be the most immature of all the players on it, be seen on the bar scene far more then others, etc etc... I just don't believe the over exaggerations and extremes these scenarios take on. It happened with Kessel as well and I found myself on the exact same side of the fence.

I became a Bruin fan because they were a team that was no nonsense about it's hockey, old school if you will, and frankly I still love and respect the hell out of such an image. I'm no fan of the social media age or social media in general for the very reason that it's the antithesis of just such an philosophy, filled with drama, rumor, speculation and over all pure dumbass'ness that get's lent credence simply because it's online. Sadly many on social media, even at times some respected members, are far less concerned with accuracy because they are focused on getting their message out there first (I respect the hell out of the ones who don't do this, some of whom post here). Now to see all the speculation and pure garbage streaming out of it specifically about this team no less, and players they traded is embarrassing. Regardless of what actually happened, take the high road (it's what Patrice Bergeron would do) and leave such idiocy to places like Montreal and Toronto where it belongs.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 12:04 PM
  #55
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,999
vCash: 500
Heard it for the first time this morning and I wasn't impressed.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
  #56
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
well that was 4 mins and 46 seconds of my life i'll never get back. Somebody else said it best that T&R have no comedic sense at all. They have no idea when to talk and enhance a "bit", and when to keep quiet and let the bit speak for itself. The only time i ever laugh while listening is because i'm laughing at them, not with them.

The only thing i heard worth noting was a throwaway line that was attributed to the dreamboat himself about "you can take away my twitter but i still have instagram, nyah nyah". I hope to Robert Gordon it was a mis quote, otherwise he's even more clueless than i thought.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 12:11 PM
  #57
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Heard it for the first time this morning and I wasn't impressed.
I hope you weren't surprised to not like it. It is just another one of in a long line of morning zoo bits.

I am a little surprised though to see a whole thread dedicated to it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
07-19-2013, 05:04 PM
  #58
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
You guys are all wrong.

It's "paaaaaaatied", not "partied"

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  #59
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I hope you weren't surprised to not like it. It is just another one of in a long line of morning zoo bits.

I am a little surprised though to see a whole thread dedicated to it.
I expected it to be hilarious based on what I saw in this thread but it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't.

They really need to do more original bits because even ask a pinkhat is hit or miss.

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 06:59 AM
  #60
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
I think this should put an end to the debate on TnR...are female fans good for hockey?

geesh

God help us all

chippa13* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 07:08 AM
  #61
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
I think this should put an end to the debate on TnR...are female fans good for hockey?

geesh

God help us all
You my friend, are about to be interwebz attacked by female hockey fans.

We have some great female fans here on this board, no need to list them, whether I agree with some of their opinions or not, it`s very clear that the one`s who post here consistently actually watch the games as opposed to being just smitten by the appearances of the players

Wish ya luck zylos

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 07:24 AM
  #62
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
You my friend, are about to be interwebz attacked by female hockey fans.

We have some great female fans here on this board, no need to list them, whether I agree with some of their opinions or not, it`s very clear that the one`s who post here consistently actually watch the games as opposed to being just smitten by the appearances of the players

Wish ya luck zylos
how so?

chippa13* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 07:49 AM
  #63
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
how so?
you asked the question "are female fans good for hockey"

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 07:49 AM
  #64
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
I think this should put an end to the debate on TnR...are female fans good for hockey?

geesh

God help us all
I don't even understand what this means.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 07:52 AM
  #65
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I don't even understand what this means.
Not necessarily a bad thing Kate

For the record, I was a touch confused myself.....but that`s hardly news for me

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:00 AM
  #66
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
you asked the question "are female fans good for hockey"
I never asked that question....

try reading what I wrote next time


thx

chippa13* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:02 AM
  #67
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
I never asked that question....

try reading what I wrote next time


thx
I did, and unless you were responding to another post (which you didn`t quote) it "appears" as though your asking the question if women fans are good for the game.

So, while I may be incorrect in how I perceived your post (which I`ll apologize for if true), what you posted was a solo post, no quote or reference to any other specific post and that`s how it comes across..

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
  #68
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
prefaced with

"I think this should put an end to the debate on TnR"

not my debate

chippa13* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:06 AM
  #69
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
prefaced with

"I think this should put an end to the debate on TnR"

not my debate
Sorry, you lost me, and clearly by reading a female poster`s response, her too, that quote clarifies absolutely nothing...and this conversation has become pointless

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:09 AM
  #70
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sorry, you lost me, and clearly by reading a female poster`s response, her too, that quote clarifies absolutely nothing...and this conversation has become pointless
don't read my posts

problem solved

I don't read your posts unless you quote me so fair is fair

chippa13* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:16 AM
  #71
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sorry, you lost me, and clearly by reading a female poster`s response, her too, that quote clarifies absolutely nothing...and this conversation has become pointless
I actully was legitmiately confused. Wasn't sure if there was a debate happening on T&R about female hockey fans...I didn't think he was necessarily saying that female fans are bad for hockey.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:17 AM
  #72
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
don't read my posts

problem solved

I don't read your posts unless you quote me so fair is fair
Did you hit your head when you got up this morning? Because like the other posters I have no idea where you are coming from or the point you are trying to make.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:35 AM
  #73
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!
 
Cutielemon07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my own world
Country: Wales
Posts: 243
vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I actully was legitmiately confused. Wasn't sure if there was a debate happening on T&R about female hockey fans...I didn't think he was necessarily saying that female fans are bad for hockey.
Of course female fans aren't bad for hockey, even the ones who just watch it because they think the players are hot, because ultimately, they will buy the player they are infatuated with's jersey, thus putting money back into the NHL.

But they do make us females who actually know the rules and what's happening in the game other than 'ooh, isn't Tyler Seguin hot?' look stupid.

I love hockey. I grew up with it. I played it until I blew out my knee and couldn't any more. I hope to get back into it. I love the game at every level.
So women (and men) who just think a certain player is hot, do yourselves and everyone else a favour and just admit that you don't like hockey, you don't like the Bruins, the Blackhawks, the Jets or the Predators and that you only watch the game because you think a certain player is hot. You (and the wonderful game of hockey) will be so much better off for it.
Thank you

Cutielemon07 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:41 AM
  #74
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Heard it for the first time this morning and I wasn't impressed.
A good friend of mine who stopped listening to both morning shows full-time about 4 months ago actually gave this bit a listen when it came on. He then said to me, "Now I remember why I stopped listening to morning sports radio. Choosing between two guys trying to mirror Howard Stern, that aren't even funny and constantly interrupt each other, or two Angry White Men that made a blatantly racist statement with a smile on their face and tear down the other station with lies to try and save face in the ratings is lose-lose."

MattFromFranklin is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:42 AM
  #75
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutielemon07 View Post
Of course female fans aren't bad for hockey, even the ones who just watch it because they think the players are hot, because ultimately, they will buy the player they are infatuated with's jersey, thus putting money back into the NHL.

But they do make us females who actually know the rules and what's happening in the game other than 'ooh, isn't Tyler Seguin hot?' look stupid.

I love hockey. I grew up with it. I played it until I blew out my knee and couldn't any more. I hope to get back into it. I love the game at every level.
So women (and men) who just think a certain player is hot, do yourselves and everyone else a favour and just admit that you don't like hockey, you don't like the Bruins, the Blackhawks, the Jets or the Predators and that you only watch the game because you think a certain player is hot. You (and the wonderful game of hockey) will be so much better off for it.
Thank you
I disagree. They're making themselves look stupid. How does that have any affect on me whatsoever?

Kate08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.