Edm/Win

Old
07-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosama View Post
I'm of the opinion that there are intelligent arguments to be had on either side of any debate, regardless of how popular the opinion is. Judging by your chest thumping and condescending tone in response to my politely presented, albeit differing opinion, I can tell that these intelligent arguments will not be found with you. Your welcoming of me to these boards has been noted, and this will be the last time you will be addressed by me, not because I feel it will cause you any distress, but because two people butting heads taking pot shots at each other is bad for the health of any forum board. Take care.
I would have to say that's a fallacy. I think there can be an intelligent person on either side of a debate but not necessarily an intelligent argument.

As much as I dislike absolutes, some discussions can cross the correct/incorrect threshold to the point where one side is basically treading water in no man's land

mixed metaphors ftw!

edit: unless you mean an obviously incorrect argument put forth in an intelligent manner? eh, that basically boils down to aesthetics and doesn't interest me at all

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:33 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
"Henke"

I say we never trade with Edm again.........Im still pissed we traded with them For Dave "KILLER" Manson in 1994....... we got hossed on that trade.

We gave up
1) Boris Mironov
2) Matts Lingren ( who was our 1st rounder from 1993...15th overall)
3) 1st round pick 4 th over all in 1994
THe only saving Grace was Edm wasted the 4th overall pick on Jason Bonsignone instead of picking Wayne Primeau Jeff Oneil or Ohlund

Lets vote never to trade with Edm again................unless we are only dealing with Kevin Lowe and I get to meet him in a Barn to work out the details (Brian Burke Style)

(edit) what am I thinking lets send Chevy to the Barn..... Have you seen Chevys fighting clips on you tube for the Wheat kings in his Whl days........... someone with some computer skill post his fight clip please......)

Last edited by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17: 07-20-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: re send Chevy into the ring in stead of me......
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:41 PM
angrymnky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
EDIT: I love Sully. The second half of the post above this is wonderful.
That kind of talk bugs me. Especially when the conversation isn't getting personal or heated or stupid. The whole I or we know more than you do/shut up and listen/you don't belong here/don't be a dumbass kind of stuff just shuts down people with different opinions. It's like before you post you need to agree to certain facts about the team or get out.

angrymnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:23 PM
wpgsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post
That kind of talk bugs me. Especially when the conversation isn't getting personal or heated or stupid. The whole I or we know more than you do/shut up and listen/you don't belong here/don't be a dumbass kind of stuff just shuts down people with different opinions. It's like before you post you need to agree to certain facts about the team or get out.
^^This kind of post bugs me...
You know the kind that doesn't even pretend to discuss the topic at hand.

My post may bug you, I'm okay with that.
I'll stand by what I said, Sully is the man

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:32 PM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Quote:
I don't think this is always the case angrymnky....there is allot of debate on this forum and often posters agree to disagree. It can go smooth or get really heated. I respect differences of opinion and that is one of the things I come to the board for and I think it helps me learn and grow as a fan. Some topics there is allot more overlap on and if your opinion is the opposite position it can feel like you are being ganged up on or there is group think. There are some posters I tend to have similar viewpoints with but there are times we are miles apart. I don't think the board thinks as one and there or that there are any secret handshakes to enter the club but I have notices that accusations have been getting thrown around allot more lately so perhaps there is some merit to the claims. always hard to be totally objective in judging oneself.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:17 AM
boanst

Quote:
It wasn't the difference in opinion that bothered me, but the non-Jets fan implying that watching the games would help. Very condescending in my opinion. It may have been a rough response, but that is no way to endear yourself to a different forum. Try going to another team's forum and convince them you know more about their team than they do and see how they handle it.

boanst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:32 AM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Also one other thing to remember......nothing good ever comes out of trade proposals between fan bases. No matter how it starts it ends ugly. Unless of course you enjoy conflict and unreasonable behavior in which case you will love it.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Also one other thing to remember......nothing good ever comes out of trade proposals between fan bases. No matter how it starts it ends ugly. Unless of course you enjoy conflict and unreasonable behavior in which case you will love it.
Gonna encourage the wife to register an account....

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:54 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosama View Post
Sometimes you have to look past statistics and watch the actual game. Zherdev put up fantastic numbers, but there's a reason he's not in the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
It would probably serve you better to take a seat and listen to what some of this fan base had to say about it's team, instead of barging in here and telling us that we're wrong about this that and the other thing.

Feel free to educate yourself before you form an opinion. It makes it sound like you aren't talking out of your ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
EDIT: I love Sully. The second half of the post above this is wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
... I don't think the board thinks as one and there or that there are any secret handshakes to enter the club but I have notices that accusations have been getting thrown around allot more lately so perhaps there is some merit to the claims. always hard to be totally objective in judging oneself.
Re-read the last couple of pages, gentlemen, and see if you're happy with them.
This is our house and Kyosama is a new poster. Is this how you would treat a guest in your house?
Kyosama's observations are no different than many intelligent fans would make. The statistical analysis that the long-timers here have been privy to has changed the outlook for many, hence the sense of 'group think'. But it shouldn't change how you approach new-comers, if you want them to stay.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:04 AM
wpgsilver

EDIT: Nevermind, this thread doesn't need more bickering.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:47 AM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
That is a hilarious post

Old
07-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Ranfordrocks

or more realistic trade ales hemsky for brian little

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranfordrocks View Post
or more realistic trade ales hemsky for brian little
um... how about no?

You can keep your broken piece of glass.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:41 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post

Wasn't this thread already due to be closed a couple of pages ago? Why mod, why?

GJF is offline   Reply With Quote