HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tickets for out of towners

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
I've never been able to get them through the Canadien's website, always end up finding them on Ebay and paying a lot more..

Old
07-22-2013, 08:35 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Hey OP, use StubHub if you want cheap tickets for you and your kids!
So, is it a last minute thing with StubHub? Isn't best case always face value? What works best?

Man, I have to say this thread has deflated me a bit. Ex Nords fans would be enraged to see how easy it is for me to get four tickets at the last minute to see the Avs play the Hawks or Wings. Just about every employer, school, hockey association, get discounted tickets. No "optimum" games. The equivalent of the Blue section would cost me $25 a seat on average. Unreal.

However, I understand I have to pay a premium to see David Desharnais play.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Pat Paeplow
Hockey's Future Staff

Yeah, I'm also trying to buy tickets for that Nov. 30th Leafs game. Why is it that Stubhub has Habs' tickets for sale even though they haven't been released to the public yet? On the Canadiens' official site, they are actually more interested in informing us that the 2012-13 season has apparently come to an end rather than providing a date when 2013-14 tickets will go on sale.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeclairVt View Post
Yeah, I'm also trying to buy tickets for that Nov. 30th Leafs game. Why is it that Stubhub has Habs' tickets for sale even though they haven't been released to the public yet? On the Canadiens' official site, they are actually more interested in informing us that the 2012-13 season has apparently come to an end rather than providing a date when 2013-14 tickets will go on sale.
Season ticket holders.

It's July man. Relax.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Pat Paeplow
Hockey's Future Staff

Sorry Man,

I just get so worked up when I think about those damn Leafs with their S***-eating grins and their Saturday night wrestling tactics. Sorry.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
So, is it a last minute thing with StubHub? Isn't best case always face value? What works best?

Man, I have to say this thread has deflated me a bit. Ex Nords fans would be enraged to see how easy it is for me to get four tickets at the last minute to see the Avs play the Hawks or Wings. Just about every employer, school, hockey association, get discounted tickets. No "optimum" games. The equivalent of the Blue section would cost me $25 a seat on average. Unreal.

Yes with Stub Hib it's a last minute thing which saves you a bit of money but still pay a little more than Ticket Price anyways. Against the Leafs it will not come cheap that's for sure. You can always check this site if anyone is selling at cost.

Depending on the age of your kids there is always the Family Zone that's cheaper and the view isn't bad

Old
07-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeclairVt View Post
Wait.. what? Im confused about this too.. Why does Stubhub have them for sale already? I may just pick my tickets right now from them.. I haven't got them through Stub Hub before.. Should I grab them now or wait?

I thought they wouldn't be on sale til September?

Old
07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Wait.. what? Im confused about this too.. Why does Stubhub have them for sale already? I may just pick my tickets right now from them.. I haven't got them through Stub Hub before.. Should I grab them now or wait?

I thought they wouldn't be on sale til September?
They will reserve them for you but there is a good chance they won't ship them to you before the end of September anyways. They have season tickets and their seats are their seats, they can sell them but don't have them just yet

Old
07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
And whatever you do, stay away from Ebay and scalpers at the event.

Heck, that sentence was quite redundant. Scalpers in person and scalpers over the net. Same thing. StubHub is your friend. Either that or prepare to fight to the death when tickets are released for sale at the box office.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Depending on the age of your kids there is always the Family Zone that's cheaper and the view isn't bad
I can only buy online. Do they give priority to in-person sales? Just trying to measure my odds of getting tickets in that section...

Thanks all for the reality check, though.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post

Heck, that sentence was quite redundant. Scalpers in person and scalpers over the net. Same thing. StubHub is your friend. Either that or prepare to fight to the death when tickets are released for sale at the box office.
Either prices went up a lot again this year or Stubhub is just as expensive as ebay ..

$550 - $650 for good seats for the home opener. $230 for wayyy up in the grays. That's brutal. I was planning on going to the first two games but I don't think its worth the money anymore.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Either prices went up a lot again this year or Stubhub is just as expensive as ebay ..

$500 - $650 for good seats for the home opener. $230 for wayyy up in the grays.
Guys, once again, it is too early.

Wait until tickets are actually sold before even bothering doing anything. No one on stub hub has an incentive right now to sell their tickets cheap.

First, try to get them online from canadiens.com in September. If you are successful, you just got your face-value tickets.

If you aren't, then start looking at other options. Starting with stubhub.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post

Depends, if you are with a big group of people and the Habs are playing well, scalpers will take you to town.

If you are by yourself or willing to sit alone while going with a friend, and know how to haggle/get on a scalper, you can pay below face value if the game started. No scalper wants unsold tickets.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:35 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Ive been buying tix every year on habs website since 2001. Opening night and a saturday game in January through March. It has gotten tougher since I started. Here are some tips for success..

As mentioned earlier in thread get on early.

Use split seats as an option. if its 4 they usually split in 2s and are fairly close--Since its been just wife and I lately, if we want lower bowl they split us at times but usually 1 seat directly in front of other.

DO NOT REFUSE SEATS IF THEY GIVE THEM TO YOU. Looking for a better location can result in worse seats or even losing the game.

Club Desjardin is all you can eat seats. With teens you save money.. Under 10 you will lose money.

Have credit card ready to go--limited time to process but more then enough usually.

also mentioned earlier is you can print the tickets on your printer. i think its cheapest way to go.

Block out 4 hours. Trust me Ive bought 8 tickets in an hour and also spent 6 hours on just 2. Its the luck of the draw; be persistent and realize its you against a whole lot of other people plus with this game brokers will be big time fighting for tickets too.

I used to be able to open several windows but last year they would bounce me out of all of them; so have 2 computers available and smartphone for better odds

GOOD LUCK-- If you are like me, the reality of being there will be an emotional high. My wife and I both teared up our first time there and me I still do. Leaf Habs is a great game fan-wise--Alot of energy and fun in the building. BUT we now try to grab a Bruins game instead. The intensity of the place is incredible BUT NOT NASTY. Trust me here in jersey Devil fans like to mouth off and get in your face if you are a Habsfan

Old
07-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:

Yes, it is a "last minute" thing with StubHub and indeed, the best case would always be face value. But if you can get 3 tickets for $150 instead of $180 a couple of hours before the game, why not?

You would need to have a printer because you need to print the tickets but I'm sure you already knew that. It might be a little bit difficult if you're in Montreal.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
DenverHabsFan

Habs just announced tickets are going on sale Sept. 7 at 10am online only.

RDS link

Are the posters just being sarcastic about the odds of getting anything?

Do they send a particular link for that day or will it be available through nhl.com?

Old
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

RDS link

Do they send a particular link for that day or will it be available through nhl.com?
You go here http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56633

Eventually a link will pop up, probably 9:30 that morning.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

RDS link

Head to Canadiens.nhl.com and you will see a link on the home page that leads to the tickets waiting room.

Leafs, Bruins tickets are the hardest to get. Good luck.

Old
08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

continue all tickets talk here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1478829

thanks.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Closed Thread