HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How do the Bruins only play Montreal twice this year!?

Old
07-20-2013, 07:49 AM
KrejciMVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Yeah and sox yanks got boring after they stopped meeting in the playoffs.

*Inbefore10yearoldvaritekpicture*
Sox Yanks, Habs Bruins boring??? wow I assuming you like playing Florida 5 times a year.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:56 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
could care less, this is still, for this Bruin fan, the most hated team and I wanna see them play a dozen times, record schmecord<<<<<< is that a word

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:20 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
I'm good with only playing them 4 times. Boston's regular season record against Montreal is not great.
Sure so lets run and hide from them.

I think Not!!!

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:32 AM
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prob22 View Post
I understand the re-alignment of the league but why would the NHL make a move like that. You'd figure that the great rivalries like MTL-BOS are where the NHL cash in. Now theyve essentially eliminated that whole rivaly.
4 Times. Same with every other team in the division. I noticed that also, it went from 6 games against each team in our division, to now 4 games each.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't hate it. Fewer games against those teams will make them more special. To be honest, after 2011 the atmosphere at Habs games has gotten more tame and less electric...maybe fewer opportunities to meet will reignite some spark.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:50 AM
UConn126
Bass Player.

I'm on board with this new system. Change can really be a good thing. I love that Detroit is now in our division, because that is going to be some great hockey. Yeah, we may lose a couple games against the Habs, but out division now has 4 of the original 6. What's not to love about that?

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Canadian Bruin

Would like to see more games against the Habs, but I like that we play 2 games against West teams. Can build a little something for the Finals. I think of how many years the finals were just boring (Not this year) because it took half way through the series before the feeling out process was over.

Gonna be nice to beat on the Nucks 2 times this year.

Canadian Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bruin View Post
Would like to see more games against the Habs, but I like that we play 2 games against West teams. Can build a little something for the Finals. I think of how many years the finals were just boring (Not this year) because it took half way through the series before the feeling out process was over.

Gonna be nice to beat on the Nucks 2 times this year.
My dislike for the Nucks has subsided, they have just become irrelevant and something tells me that Torts is going to be asking alot of the Sedins to drop and block everything. I see train wreck written all over that hiring

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:05 AM
pgm16

I bet Jerome will like playing in the middle of this rivalry !!

pgm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:06 AM
mikelvl

Florida and Tampa should have their own two team Tropical Division and play each other all 82 games so nobody else has to snore through these dreadful matchups.....)

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:09 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Florida and Tampa should have their own two team Tropical Division and play each other all 82 games so nobody else has to snore through these dreadful matchups.....)
Something tells me that the Panthers, now with Drouin and Huberdeau, will be fun to watch for a few years to come.....problem is of course, will anyone in Florida care?

Old
07-22-2013, 08:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm16 View Post
I bet Jerome will like playing in the middle of this rivalry !!
I`m really hoping that Jerome will be on a huge mission this year. Love that Chia handed him only a one year, incentive laden contract. After what went down at the trade deadline, something inside me says Iggy is bringin it this year

The beauty is he doesn`t have to be the man, and in Boston, as opposed to the Pens, there is far more focus on playing as a team, nobody is bigger than anyone else and there will be plenty of pucks to go around.

We saw it in the playoffs, as soon as the Pens fell behind, it was Sid/Geno trying to do it all themselves

Old
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
There is nothing better in hockey than beating the Canadians.
This x 1,000,000.

I understand that with realignment we won't be playing them as much during the season but I don't have to like it. And I don't.

When you play a team in your division 6 times a year you can really build a rivalry [not that we need to build one vs Montreal, it is 80 some years old already] between teams. With just 4 games a year not so much.

I don't like that Detroit is now in our division because it destroys the incredible rivalry they had with the Blackhawks. Old school Wings & Hawks fans probably don't like it much either.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Gonna love more snooze fest games with the Florida teams, it sucks that they're in our division.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

I know. It's a shocking concept to grasp that there might be good hockey played outside the BOS/MTL sphere of influence.

Have any of you watched Huberdeau play a whole game? Kid has crazy skill and the FLA first line is pretty talented. Tampa with Ben Bishop in goal will be improved and anytime you get to watch Stamkos on the ice you get the chance to see magic happen.

No, I have NO idea why anyone might label some Boston fans as "elitist".

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I don't hate it. Fewer games against those teams will make them more special. To be honest, after 2011 the atmosphere at Habs games has gotten more tame and less electric...maybe fewer opportunities to meet will reignite some spark.
Pretty much this.
Besides ... we suck against Montreal.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I know. It's a shocking concept to grasp that there might be good hockey played outside the BOS/MTL sphere of influence.

Have any of you watched Huberdeau play a whole game? Kid has crazy skill and the FLA first line is pretty talented. Tampa with Ben Bishop in goal will be improved and anytime you get to watch Stamkos on the ice you get the chance to see magic happen.

No, I have NO idea why anyone might label some Boston fans as "elitist".
When was the last time we played an exciting game between those two teams besides the Tampa series back in '11? Im talking about regular season games, besides the usual Crombeen vs Thornton fight these games suck. One player on both sides isn't going to entice me into thinking these games won't be anything but the usual boring games.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
When was the last time we played an exciting game between those two teams besides the Tampa series back in '11?Im talking about regular season games, besides the usual Crombeen vs Thornton fight these games suck. One player on both sides isn't going to entice me into thinking these games won't be anything but the usual boring games.
All the way back in 2011? whoa!

Boo hoo.

Do people remember when the Bruins sucked and played boring games?

That's cool tho. Don't watch it, don't go to those boring games. It'll make it easier for people who want to go to get tickets if they want.

Culture of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Emerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Something tells me that the Panthers, now with Drouin and Huberdeau, will be fun to watch for a few years to come.....problem is of course, will anyone in Florida care?
Tampa has Drouin. ;p

Emerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Fat Jughead

4 is fine. 6 or 8 times a year (whatever it was ?) is too much. Yeah, the games are a draw, but they're not all good. It's impossible to get up for a rivalry that many times a year and perform to the high standard set. Too much of a good thing was killing it for me.

If anything, this will make for more intense games, which is what I want. Less is more in this case.

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 11:13 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Guess I'm part of the minority but this suits me just fine. I really didn't enjoy it last year playing in our conference only. I like to get a look at all the teams in the league and playing the same old rivals so much got boring for me. I'd rather see the teams in the west and could care less if we didn't play the Habs at all. I'm all Habbed out.
I agree and I am also Habbed out.It will be nice not to play them so often.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 03:33 AM
Mount KilimanChara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Perhaps they won't be snoozefests now that they are divisional games. I for one am glad that the SE division is dead, dead, dead.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 05:52 AM
CJDolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Red Sox and Yankees play 18 times a year. Some people still look forward to the old time rivalries. 4 games is just not enough.
The Red Sox also play 2x the games as the bruins do, have to factor that in. Along with the fact that the American and National leagues play by different sets of rules (DH), so they do not want to play too many interleague games and put one league at a disadvantage. Hockey is the same in both conferences rule wise, so east/west games are much more feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I for one will be going to much less games this year. The majority of wc games are terribly boring,

NHL is trying to be the NBA here.. marketing individual players instead of teams and rivalries.
The NHL is marketing individual players over teams by making sure that every singles teams fans have the opportunity to see EVERY team in the league on their home ice, along with 2+ home games against divisional rivals, 1+ against conference rivals, and 1 home game against outer conference rivals. Gotcha, glad you could clear that one up for me.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancourt Fist Pump View Post
4 is fine. 6 or 8 times a year (whatever it was ?) is too much. Yeah, the games are a draw, but they're not all good. It's impossible to get up for a rivalry that many times a year and perform to the high standard set. Too much of a good thing was killing it for me.

If anything, this will make for more intense games, which is what I want. Less is more in this case.
The games might not all be the best, but they are far superior to the majority of western conference games.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote