HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Michael McCarron Thread - Part II : Bigger, Stronger and Meaner

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
...I think. LOL!

Trevor Timmins summed up things very well with McCarron.

"Before making judgments, tell these people to go watch him themselves!!!!"

Could not have said it better myself.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:28 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
...I think. LOL!

Trevor Timmins summed up things very well with McCarron.

"Before making judgments, tell these people to go watch him themselves!!!!"

Could not have said it better myself.
But Grant, come on. I watched a few youtubes of him and seen Timmins' track record. I KNOW he has big bust potential because of that.

Isn't it obvious?!?!?!1/

Old
07-22-2013, 10:36 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Brandon Prust will take care of that in september. There's nobody in the league that has better technique.
Did I read on here he'll be staying with Tinordi in London this summer?

Why wait til Sept to learn a bit from Prust? Spend the summer in London. Prust summers here and can Tutor him.
Lots of ice avail, tons of NHLers summer here ( many alum and local NHL stars, get accustomed to the city, get to know some teammates, andthe Knights staff, alumni. Check out the university ect...

A youngin would be well served spending a few months in this environment.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:55 AM
aresknights

I really like what ( very little ) Ive seen of McCarron.
Ive followed his progression with interest since Hunter pulled the trigger on a trade for his rights from Belleville. ( long time knight season tic holder and Habs fan)
What I like a lot more than what Ive seen is what I've heard from people "in the know"
I love the fact he's shown great strides in his development. He keeps getting better and has added quality to his skill set. His improvement/ development won't keep rising at the same pace but I think it'll keep getting better. That's one thing that's always looked for in a player, continually moving forward, getting better.
Mark has raved about him for over a year, Andy Murray has had good things to say, Timmons has a track record, other area scouts where high on him, ESP with his leaps and bounds rise up the charts ( again they like this getting better each 1/4-1/2 year deal and it makes sense)
Ill take Marks assessment on a kid as as good as it gets. He's wanted the kid from day 1, made no secret bout it and went and got him. That tells me a lot.

I'm not sure where he'll fit in Montreal in A few years ( 3rd line, 2nd, whatever) but I'm comfortable in thinking hell definitely contribute.

If something happens and he doesnt ill still be glad the Habs took the shot!

Thanks for the posts Grant

Old
07-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Tim Wallach

Just an aside on Grant's post, I find it a bit interesting that NYR scout Jamie McDonald is the one who passed on Mike Richards to advocate for Jessiman since it was just a couple years before as GM in Kitchener that he held the #4 overall pick and stunned his peers by taking fellow Northern Ontarian Mike Richards.

He took a lot of flak for that as Richards was considered a mediocre skater and under-sized at the time. But it turned into a huge "I told you so" coup for Jamie. Funny that he'd pass him over at an NHL table two years later.

But that's an aside.
On the McCarron topic, all I have to say is I hadn't even heard of the kid or begun to follow this year's draft rankings beyond the top-10 when I saw the U-18s and I instantly wondered how he wasn't ranked there. Obviously imposing, always near the puck, protecting it well, creating space, etc. At that point I was actually thinking we wouldn't get him if we drafted outside of the top-20. Glad I was wrong.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
But Grant, come on. I watched a few youtubes of him and seen Timmins' track record. I KNOW he has big bust potential because of that.

Isn't it obvious?!?!?!1/
Is this serious or, cause if it's serious ..

Old
07-22-2013, 02:29 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
I'm sure its a joke, in response to Grant's previous post on the previous page.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:31 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
It's absolutely serious. Serious times call for serious punctuation...

Quote:

Isn't it obvious?!?!?!1/

Old
07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
What, you don't believe me? It's obvious looking at any prospect's statsheet if he's bust or star. Plus his nationality; never trust a Russian to excel in the NHL. Man, I hate racists.

And the Dutch.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Andy

How about we just wait instead of predicting? Nothing is ever sure.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Can you not respect that I'm involved in NHL scouting? I really don't need the lengthy diatribes that are nothing more than wild assumptions. I worked for the Habs last year on a consulting basis, I was employed by the Hockey News and McKeen's...I saw many games and talked to many scouts. Bob McKenzie and I consult on a regular basis on the draft - I am one of the scouts whose opinions he trusts for his draft rankings. Does this not mean anything to you? I guess not, because it goes against your opinion.

I'm not just expressing my opinion only (unlike yourself), nor the opinions of just one other scout. I gave you assessments from three different sources on Jessiman..one is an NHL head scout, one is now an assistant GM, the other is a senior scout. They all thought Jessiman was a terrible pick for the reasons I stated. I tried to appease you by saying that perhaps I understated Jessiman's skill level a bit..you took this as an opportunity to become even more adamant in your incorrect assumptions.

Write all the words you want - but the fact remains McCarron is not even close to being a bust right now as Jessiman was in 2003 - there were a lot more signs with Jessiman...and that's an important factor.

I never said Jessiman was a good skater....or that he had good hands. Yet you have based on what you think you recall being said by Bob McKenzie during the draft. Neither is the case or he'd have made his way into the NHL despite his softness. Average skater, average hands, and soft as butter. Mac doesn't compare to Jessiman at all. Can you get that through your head..possibly? Being an "okay skater for his size" is irrelevant if the player doesn't use that size. Not only is Mac a better skater than Jessiman was..but he uses his size WAY more effectively. Again - that is important!

When you say things like "most agree" McCarron was a mid round pick halfway through..where do you come up with this? "Most what"? Trevor Timmins was telling me in November that he thought McCarron was a first round pick, and I felt the same way. Other scouts that didn't like McCarron as much early on still thought he was a second round pick at worst. I don't know where you come up with this stuff...I understand trying to support your argument, but when it's with complete BS...hard to take you seriously.

Yes Timmins drafted Fischer SEVEN years ago - every team has had a bust prospect over the past decade. Doesn't make the odds of McCarron being a bust any higher than any other prospect. Fischer was thought to be a reach by many other NHL scouts at the time..I did not like the pick. That is not the case with McCarron. Now you're throwing Hayden's name in the mix....fill your boots. You didn't see Hayden or McCarron play live last season..but you sure think you have them figured out.

Again - I will relate to you that I talk to several scouting sources quite often in addition to the exhaustive scouting that I do myself. No one outside of the Habs' organization that I've talked to feels the same way about McCarron as they did about Fischer, who was horrible in his draft interviews, was much too skinny, had a terrible shot, was soft, and little offensive upside. There were several warning signs with Fischer - they do not exist with McCarron. Again - a really poor and irrelevant comparison by you. "Well..Trevor busted with a pick 7 years ago..so he must be due with this one too because I liked some other prospect more." Pretty silly logic, and again...grasping at straws.

No discernible weaknesses is a very important point that for whatever reasons you choose to ignore because it doesn't fit your agenda on this. You leave the distinct impression that you are one of the "I told you so" posters on here. You weren't happy with the McCarron pick, so you are going to trash it and predict he is a high risk pick in the hopes of being proven right in a few years.

The many times you mentioned that there is a bust factor with Mac... you failed to add that there is also a bust factor with the top three picks until your last email..perhaps you could have mentioned that before your last email? Of course McCarron may bust if you put it in that perspective..nothing is 100 per cent guaranteed. If that's what you want to hear..there you go.

I didn't want to compare Hurley and Mac..someone else did. Why compare a prospect's play at the start of the season to another one's play at the end? Seriously? That's a pretty silly method...you are grasping at straws with that argument as well.

NHL scouts I talked to that watched Hurley and McCarron play at the end of the season for the most part saw no comparison between the two prospects - McCarron was the much better player. Having to adapt to a new league is one thing..but they don't hide the fact that a player's hands are poor and that he lacks the offensive upside that some scouts thought Hurley had BEFORE he joined the USHL. It became much more noticeable when he played against better competition. McCarron not only outplayed him in the USHL, but he was outstanding at the U-18's.

Hurley didn't improve as the season went on - just the opposite happened..he was exposed. Mac did improve as the season went on, and has improved the past few seasons. That is another encouraging sign, and something the pros look at. Evidently it's not something you find relevant. I can assure you that the fellows that do this for a living do find that extremely important.
First of all, I want to make clear that my first language is french and not english. It could explain why you don't understand a few of my points. I do my best to make myself clear but I clearly failed this time.

I follow almost all of your posts. I know who you are and think you bring tremendous knowledge to the board. I didn't mean to insult you in any ways. I simply meant to expose a different point of view. Sorry if I came across as rude or know-it-all. Simply stating my point of view regarding what you say. I take your posts seriously.

I have been educated to question people and authorities in any subject and form my own opinion. It is not meant as a disrespect to anyone. So, being against your opinion as you say, is not a sign of me not respecting you. In fact, I take your word 100% when it comes to describing who McCarron is as a player. I just don't take your word in the prediction of what McCarron will become. People have proved to overestimate their capabilities in predicting the future. Not just in hockey but in most in endeavors in life.

I don't want to derail this thread but I'll give you my background in case you're interested. I have a math background and took great interest in statistical analysis in sports since reading Moneyball. At first, I was interested in knowing if there were any such stats model in hockey. I asked around on HF and got a clear no as "hockey cannot be modeled statistically". It is supposed to be way too fluid or whatever expression people use. I saw it as a great opportunity to investigate hockey from a statistical perspective.

At first I took things casually but things became more serious for me over time. I started modeling games and got into predictions. I will concede that predicting games is far different from predicting what prospects will do. That said, I've become quite successful. I'm making good money betting on games and actually helped my father retire quite a few years in advance. I've built models for hockey, baseball, basketball, and football (NFL). To give you an idea, for the last 4 NBA seasons and 3 NFL seasons I've beat the spread for more than 60% of the time. As good as those results are, hockey turned out to be even simpler to model. But that's not important. Point is, I have a math/stat background, applied it to sports and turned out well for me. Granted predicting games is different, I still know what I'm doing.

So, over the years I have worked on building models to predict the future impact of players. I'm quite confident in the quality of my models even though they're not perfect. For example, although I'm not into predicting the actual draft, this year I had MacKinnon at #1, Drouin at #2, Barkov at #3 and Jones at #4 pretty much all year. Granted no actual scout commented on my rankings, people pretty much trashed the work I did saying it was impossible to have Jones at #4 and that I should basically not quit my day job.

I'm not here to say that stat guys should overtake the world of hockey, just saying that I'm offering a different perspective. I'll never be as good as you or other scouts at judging players based on viewings. However, what I can do well is assess their stat line (stats as in data, large data, not simply points and PIMs). You're entitled to reject my point of view as I know stats guys are much worse well seen than lepers in the small community of the NHL. Anyways, I'll come back to this later.

The only point I made comparing Jessiman to McCarron was that you pointed out that McCarron had good hands and good skating for a player his size. I mentioned that people said the same about Jessiman in '03. This was said by the Rangers scout and Bob McKenzie in their review of the '03 draft. I did not say that McCarron would bust like Jessiman did. Just saying that some players in the past were said to have similar abilities in the past and have busted. I gave Jessiman as an example but said there are many more.

Height-weight-speed guys are the fetish of most scouts in any sports by the way. The Raiders have ruined their franchise wasting countless picks on such guys who were said to have immense potential if they developed. Fact is, most of the time, those guys don't pan out. For every Lucic, there's several examples of players who don't develop.

As for McCarron being thought as a mid-round guy. I mentioned that the Habs probably had him on their radar for longer than that. That said, what we heard from Craig Button and Ross MacLean was that McCarron really made a name for himself in the second half of this season and especially at the U18. I don't know who they talked to but they seem to be well connected in the scouting world.

I never said that because TT drafted Fisher that McCarron would bust. All I meant was that all scouts make mistakes or take shots with people others don't value as much. I meant to defend the Rangers scout saying that they have made other very good picks over the years even though they surprised the hockey world drafting Jessiman so high. I said TT is one of the best in the business and made several good picks yet he made surprise picks like Fisher when others said they wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole. It doesn't make him incompetent because he saw something others didn't see like you said about the Rangers scout.

I mentionned a few times that I only wish to be wrong about McCarron and that he'll turn out better than Mantha or Bigras (just want to point that I'd trade McCarron and DLR 10/10 for Mantha). Of course I play the I told you so game. Everybody does around here. That's why we gather here to discuss players and give our opinion. Everybody around here has their story about hey I wanted that guy in that draft and he turned out great when we took X instead who busted or that I knew the Gomez trade was terrible from the start. It's one of few pleasures we have without getting taxed. I play the game with the outmost respect for Trevor Timmins and everybody dedicating their life to hockey (for a meager salary in most cases I guess).

I understand you don't follow all of my posts, so you're probably not aware that in most cases I do not see things in black or white. Even if it took 3 messages for me to point out that MacKinnon could bust, for me it's a given that all players could bust. I don't think it's fair to the kid raising expectations too greatly to begin with. It's simply not true that there's no bust factor with McCarron. It's quite siginificant IMO.

My stats work shows that it's way more fair to compare Hurley's body of work to McCarron's first year in the USHL. Comparing McCarron's first 10 games is not the perfect comparison. That said, comparing McCarron's first year in the USHL to Hurley's first 10 games is much more fair to Hurley (granted 10 games is clearly not a whole lot). All I meant was that if you say that Hurley's production wasn't good scoring 1 goal and 8 points in 11 games then you have to mention by the same token that McCarron's production has to be not all that great for a power forward who's roughly 50 pounds heavier than the average USHL player. I know you don't care about stats and will point out that Simon Gamache didn't make it as an NHL superstar, so splain that, this proves stats don't work kinda thing. McCarron's production is actually pretty underwhelming as a USHL player.

Also, my work shows that big men don't develop more offensively than an average 5'11 185 guy. Big men make for better defensive players not better offensive players. In fact, you'll find negative correlation between players weight and goals allowed (meaning that an heavier team will allow fewer goals). On the other hand, smaller teams tend to score more goals to teams with bigger forwards (obviously, fact that small players are undervalued in the NHL will have that the average small guy will have to be more productive in order to stay in the NHL compared to a bigger player).

Btw, it's not just my work, I can post link to studies that measured various significance of body indicators and showed that weight matters for d-men and goalies but not for forwards. That's where I'm coming from saying that I prefer big men who are solid defensive players to begin with. That way they can play tough minutes (i.e. against better opponents and starting in their own zone) and leave quality minutes to higher scoring guys. Prust is a good example of that. The guy was always a great PK guy while being somewhat productive offensively despite playing opposing teams' top lines. Brouwer also fit the bill as a junior prospect, Backes, and so did a few big men/aggressive types who found theit way to the NHL. All I pointed out earlier was that it doesn't look to me like McCarron fits the bill. Although not terrible defensively, it doesn't look like he'll handle big defensive minutes. IMO big guys who aren't that productive simply take quality minutes from more productive players (extreme example: Laraque given quality offensive minutes because he can't handle his own at all defensively).

Anyways, didn't mean to offense you but don't like your reaction either.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I actually read the whole post

Old
07-22-2013, 05:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Discuss the topic at hand people, not the posters.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Discuss the topic at hand people, not the posters.
Im actually checking this thread for the rebuttals at this point.

Team mathletic or team
Mccagg?

Old
07-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Im actually checking this thread for the rebuttals at this point.

Team mathletic or team
Mccagg?
Team Mathletic, he's a local talent. BTW now that I know his background, his username is pretty clever...

Old
07-22-2013, 06:07 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
It's my hope that Montreal's third line is superior to most teams' second lines in a few years...if Mac is playing on a third line with de la Rose and Eller for instance, and they are a dominant force....I'll be satisfied that he didn't "bust". On good teams it's the top 9 that is important...they are often interchangeable.
Bingo. most will be fine when he's in a role like that or higher. I think some people are worried he ends up as nothing but a 4th liner or even worse a warm body (like Blunden). That's their definition of a 1st round bust.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Rikiki Bousquet

Honestly, I'm just happy to be able to read so much of two quality posters on Hf. Very interesting.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Feels like we need to wait at least two years.

Next year will tell us a lot about McCarron.

On 98.5, I heard a scout saying that he did improved tremendously his skating in the second half of the season.
He does have very big upper body size and if he can bring his leg with similar strength, he will have all the physical skills to be a nhl power forward.

According to reports, he has very good work ethics and low body fat.

McCarron was a top pick by Knights and Western Michigan.
The fact that both were trying so hard to have him is giving me a lot of hopes. Hunter and Murray are both good judges of talents.

He is already 237 lbs.
More muscles in his legs could bring him to nearly 250.
There are 5 players in the league weighting 250 and more: Scott, Byfuglien, Chara, Yonkman and McIntyre.
We are dealing in a rare category and few examples are available.
Yup, and we also have tall/huge J.Tinordi .
So, sooner than later we may have one of the tallest/biggest dmen in the NHL in our lineup, and then...one of the tallest/biggest power forwards in the NHL in our lineup. We just have to wait at least 2 yrs to 2 yrs and a 1/2 (or more?).

Maybe (just maybe) McCarron takes the same development route as J.Tinordi. Tinordi had a slow start but got better (after a slow start to his development) and then his development pace got better and better and now it looks like he has a lot of potential.
I expect the same thing for McCarron.

Can't wait to see how he does this year and next season as well with London.

Go McCarron Go!!

Old
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'm not here to say that stat guys should overtake the world of hockey, just saying that I'm offering a different perspective. I'll never be as good as you or other scouts at judging players based on viewings. However, what I can do well is assess their stat line (stats as in data, large data, not simply points and PIMs). You're entitled to reject my point of view as I know stats guys are much worse well seen than lepers in the small community of the NHL. Anyways, I'll come back to this later.
Very interresting post.

Can you elaborate on what kind of data you use on your models?

Old
07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uocooco View Post
Very interresting post.

Can you elaborate on what kind of data you use on your models?
I'd invite you to follow some of the threads I made on the prospects board. I elaborated a bit on that. I don't want to derail this thread either. But basically anything I can find. Production, age, height, weight. I use pretty much all the data that is given on websites (including game sheets).

Final: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...547&highlight=
February: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...297&highlight=
Q draft: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...175&highlight=

Send me a PM in case you have more questions. I'll try not to BS too much.

thanks for the comments people!

Old
07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'd invite you to follow some of the threads I made on the prospects board. I elaborated a bit on that. I don't want to derail this thread either. But basically anything I can find. Production, age, height, weight. I use pretty much all the data that is given on websites (including game sheets).

Final: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...547&highlight=
February: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...297&highlight=
Q draft: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...175&highlight=

Send me a PM in case you have more questions. I'll try not to BS too much.

thanks for the comments people!
What I'd like to see is your 2010-2011-2012 predictions.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Grant McCagg

I have no issues with folks having fair opinions on prospects..that's why we're here, but no one can predict how a prospect will turn out for certain right after he is drafted. For a lot of reasons, most important being no tangible flaws in his game, I think McCarron will be a valuable piece on a good NHL team for a lot of years barring injury.

I've never once claimed that he'll be a surefire top 6 player or be a steady 25 or 30-goal scorer, but I do get my hackles up when posters bring out the bust word before they've ever seen him play (or even if they did watch him play), and then even worse compare him to prospects they also didn't watch in their draft year. Very few players picked in the first round these days bust...odds are quite high that he'll be an NHL regular, especially in a strong draft year. this year's draft was compared to 2003..well... better than 90 per cent of the players picked in the first round of that draft didn't bust.

McCarron, like all first round picks from all teams, will be given every opportunity to develop and play with the team that drafted him. He is going to play for what many consider to be the top organization and the top coach in the CHL, if not the best development situation outside of the NHL for an 18-year-old kid.

He is going to play with two of the best junior players in hockey, three or four if you include Zadorov and Maata, and be given every opportunity to achieve maximum development at the junior level. He was also part of a very successful development program the past couple of seasons, and by all accounts made great improvement in his game both seasons.

I expect him to play in the world juniors and for sure the Memorial Cup this season. I also expect him to be an important piece on a top-notch junior team, a piece that the GM readily admits they are missing - a huge, physically dominating, skilled power forward. Hunter is on the record as saying he thinks McCarron will likelly be ready for the NHL after a couple of seasons in the OHL, perhaps even just one. He'll play 100+ games this season, many of them quality games. The OHL will be very strong this season , and in particular playing in the western conference, where it is very competitive.

For me the closest prospect in recent years to McCarron would be Tom Wilson, who ended this past season playing regularly in the NHL playoffs, less than a year after he was drafted. I see a lot of similarities in their games. It would not shock me to see McCarron playing for the Habs in 2014-15, and if not, certainly at some point in the 2015-16 season. Even Andy Murray admitted that McCarron might be ready for the NHL next season.....it is a possibility.

He brings a dimension no other Habs player does at this point, and I am confident that the organization is going to want him in the lineup sooner rather than later..as soon as they believe his is physically and mentally prepared.

At 6-5 237....he could play in the NHL this upcoming season and not be intimidated physically. It's not going to happen - London is the ideal environment for him this season, but it would not shock me if he is pushing for a lineup spot in Mtl in 2014-15.

I'm not saying he'll be in the lineup next year, but I'm also not dismissing it. In the salary cap world and with UFA starting in a player's mid 20's, the sooner a drafted player is ready for NHL duty, the better it is for the NHL team. ELC contracts allow teams to have more cap flexibility. I'm sure Bergevin will ponder the possibility of replacing Gionta with McCarron next season (or someone else such as Moen if Gio is already gone), and having an extra $4 million or so to use towards plugging another hole. The forward unit would almost gain a foot in height in one move.

If McCarron was a *****, or had off ice issues, was dumb as a rock, or couldn't skate, or lacked compete, or had no vision, or no shot like Calvin Dehaan, or was small and weak...then I could understand there being some concerns that he will bust. I don't see any of those things being a concern.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in London this season. If he ends up being a 20-30 point scorer playing on lower lines who is a ***** that can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag I'll be the first to admit I overestimated him.

Last edited by Grant McCagg: 07-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old
07-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Forsead

Wow some quality posts in this thread !

Grant, how you're talking about McCarron is making me very excited about his potential, because I admit I didn't saw the guy much. I'm really looking forward to seeing him. Also we're really looking a a rare case of freak of nature with his size.

Also, I'm happy seeing in your post something I've always talked about with guys being drafted. What I called the improvement factor. That's something some guys here overlook (I'm guessing even some scouts) that really change the whole dynamic of the draft. When I looked at Patrice Bergeron and what he has done, I really promised myself to never ever overlook that in a prospect.

Gallagher is also another important example : a small feisty forward with talent, but had some problems with his skating, well he was already improving that aspect for some years when drafted and continued during his junior career and now he's a speedy forward at the NHL level and that's a key reason of his effectiveness, without that improvement curve that was already beginning before the draft the guy right now probably would be a developping AHL'er.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:22 PM
domdo345

I will admit I did not read the whole novels out there but Grant pointed out that Andy Murray said he MIGHT be good to play in the NHL next year. Boy do I disagree with this. Throwing the kid to the wolves. He might be big but he has yet to mature physically. Tough guys woud probably eat him alive and I still doubt he's fast enough to play in the NHL yet (Granted I only saw him play at the U18).

Anyway, Gally was a very special player and it worked but, IMO, even if he has the training camp of his life, I want Micheal to go get ice time in London. I highly doubt the habs management even have thought about keeping him, but I do am concerned about the media/fan-drama if it would happen.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:44 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
How about we just wait instead of predicting? Nothing is ever sure.
Everyone around here and their dogs know you didn't like the pick to begin with. But at the very least, respect the right of a proven/seasoned scout to give his opinion on the player... plus, what about people do the exact opposite of what you suggested, and predict stuff... because... you know... we're on a forum.

Closed Thread