Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lose at home to Washington???

Old
10-31-2006, 01:05 AM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
I would love to have Chris Clark back - what a great player he has been for the kids in WSH. Time for old timers like Mac and Amonte to go, they just cant finish. Amonte looks terrible out there, he can be 10 ft right in the slot and he will still fan on the shot

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:10 AM
Andre Boudrias

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
I would love to have Chris Clark back - what a great player he has been for the kids in WSH. Time for old timers like Mac and Amonte to go, they just cant finish. Amonte looks terrible out there, he can be 10 ft right in the slot and he will still fan on the shot
was that amonte the one that missed that great chance? or langkow?

Andre Boudrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:14 AM
pondnorth

Latest press clipping of JR is that he`s not going to quit like Brett Hull because he feels he is dominating when he is on the ice.Is there no drug testing at all in the nhl? He`s like minus 8 in 12 games,Calgary not wasting money on this garbage may be there best non signing of the season.He would not even be dressing right now in Calgary.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:19 AM
CBanana

Boy, the flames board is depressed right now.

If there is a bright side, here it is. One of the three teams that have lost to us is the Edmonton Oilers.

Guys, think about that and smile.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:28 AM
mac_82

with Yelle out did anyone even block a shot tonight? we are averaging 30+ shots a night. in 05/06 we averaged 27.6 shots against.

we have won 1 game this year when we were out-shot.

mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:28 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon_44 View Post
was that amonte the one that missed that great chance? or langkow?
they both always miss the damn net Amonte and his constant fanning shots, and langkow and his constant dishing the puck off to the side when hes right in the slot

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:27 AM
kruezer

I am at a loss after this one, this team is falling apart, I wouldn't be against giving some young guys a shot, making a trade (though not Tanguay) or something, this team needs something to get their heads into it.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:05 AM
BadNewsBearcat

Anthony Amonte is brutal.

Bring up Prust, or Moss, or Boyd, or simply a bag of pucks.... I don't care anymore. I just can't watch him anymore in a Flames' uniform.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
abracanada

I think they really miss Yelle. Someone has to step up and fill that gap. As tempting as it is to jump ship, I have to believe that the turnaround time is at hand. They probably needed a loss like this. They are at the bottom now, time for them to pull it out.

Like the old saying goes, when they are on a hot streak, they are not that good, when they are on a losing skid, they are not that bad. They need to put a full sixty minutes of disciplined, Flames hockey together. Too many mental errors and breakdowns occurring right now.

I still believe they have the personnel on this team to be successful.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
The first period was the worst I've ever seen this team play. Its one thing to lose, its another to lose like they did. They didn't skate, they didn't hit, they didn't do anything. I'm amazed they got two goals quite frankly.

I'll echo the sentiments about Ference, he needs to sit a game, amazingly enough it wasn't hard to pick out the worst player from the game. Calling somebody up who is actually willing to work, hit and hustle seems necessary as well, though I don't think Boyd is the one I want up so soon.

Something needs to be done if the team plays like that again, and I mean something big. A performance like last night is inexcusable for a team that considers itself a contender.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:13 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Sure they have Ovechkin but we're talking about an AHL caliber defense here.

Obviously, its a little better than that.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Surgikal

Send a message via AIM to Surgikal
AHL defense? The Caps have Morrisonn, Pothier, and young gun Mike Green. They are young but they all have graduated well past the AHL. Add in veteran defensmen Heward and convert Clymer on D. Not much of an AHL caliber defense there. Just young!

Surgikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon_44 View Post
The flames don't have a AHL caliber defense .. They are struggling because they are just not working hard enough. They are just getting outplayed. They are not hitting, not getting the puck first, not winning the battles for the puck,They just seem really lazy or tire. In this game i didn't even know that Tanguay was dressed.. Cause he didn't do anything. He played 17 minutes and was a -1 and he didn't get a single shot in net.. How is he suppose to start scoring when he doesnt even get shots in net. Phaneuf got owned by Ovechkin twice, and it almost cost the flames a goal.. Flames need to bring their fighting character back from 04 or they wont be successful.
Some really good analysis by the Flames fans and other fans tonight on this board....That is a near perfect assesment of last night's game....This team has talent, but they are not working hard at all, and the physical play really is lacking, especially compared to last year....We used to punish the opposition when they came to the Dome....The more the Flames hit, the more effective they are....Tanguay was completely invisible last night too....Once the Flames start showing more drive, intensity and physical play, things will start to turn around....Hopefully that won't be too long a wait because the Flames don't want to be digging themselves a big hole.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote