HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Schedule

Old
07-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
I'm curious about Caps playing in a tough devision. Kind of tempted to put my money on them failing to get into PO and Ovi dropping goals numbers ...
Ya, they don't have the easy pickings in the Southeast Division anymore. Same with Vancouver, they can't just coast to the Northwest Division title anymore.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Brodeur

Realized I could make a weekend trip out to Phoenix to see the Devils play them on January 18th. And now I've rekindled my bad idea to watch the Dodger/Yankee Stadium games which are on back-to-back days since I could combo that trip with a stop to see the Devils play in Dallas.

Time to start budgeting.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I Hate Tie DOMI

I'm planning on a trip to go to opening night (possibly Pittsburgh the night before) and then the Wild, Leafs, Rangers combo in March. I hope and pray there is still a shot at the playoffs by that time...

I Hate Tie DOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Realized I could make a weekend trip out to Phoenix to see the Devils play them on January 18th. And now I've rekindled my bad idea to watch the Dodger/Yankee Stadium games which are on back-to-back days since I could combo that trip with a stop to see the Devils play in Dallas.

Time to start budgeting.
i still want to road trip sometime and see the dbacks play in arizona, utah in SLC, niners in their new crib, and the devils on the road.

except all 3 of them playing at once is quite a challenge.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
i still want to road trip sometime and see the dbacks play in arizona, utah in SLC, niners in their new crib, and the devils on the road.

except all 3 of them playing at once is quite a challenge.
That'd be a tough one to get all four sports going at once. I like April (MLB starting, NHL/NBA winding down) and October (NFL/NHL in full swing and cheap air flight after Labor Day) for trips.

I did a pair of Arizona trips earlier this year. Saw Royal Rumble and Kings/Coyotes on the first weekend. The second weekend was Spring Training, WBC, and Suns/Rockets.

Maybe next September you can cram in the Dbacks/Utah/49ers into one trip.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:21 PM
CerebralGenesis

I would need Dbacks to be in deep playoffs for all 4 to work.

But that is roughly what I'm looking to do, add in a ski trip day in Utah and other tidbits like that would definitely make that an awesome experience. I should check the WWE PPVs too, I like the royal rumble addition.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
SNES

vCash: 50
Devils w/ Most Back 2 Backs in 2013-14

Saw that the Devils have the most back to backs this year with.... 22.

SNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 08:55 AM
dougiebrown

Which makes the acquisition of Schneider that much more important.

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 09:23 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNES View Post
Saw that the Devils have the most back to backs this year with.... 22.
that is correct.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

For anyone that wants to sync up the schedule with their phone/calendar:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90745

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Brodeur

Signs that you might have hockey too high on your priority list:

"So, my new job might force me to work in Winnipeg for the next three months." -- close friend
"Ah, I'm sorry to hear that." -- me
"Hrm, when do the Devils play in Winnipeg this year? I could possibly use you as an excuse to make that trip." -- my brain

// they play in October
// getting tickets in Winnipeg seems unlikely though
// YouTube took down The Kids In The Hall "Drunk Girl from Winnipeg" sketch to my dismay

Old
08-23-2013, 01:18 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Any good possible road trips this year?

I have always wanted to make a Cali, West Canada or Florida road trip and follow the team for a few games.. but I didn't really see anything that worked too good.

There's a weekend in March that we play the two Florida teams back to back that I may make the trip for.. anyone thinking of something else?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:32 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post

I have always wanted to make a Cali, West Canada or Florida road trip and follow the team for a few games.. but I didn't really see anything that worked too good.

There's a weekend in March that we play the two Florida teams back to back that I may make the trip for.. anyone thinking of something else?
If you can swing the West Canada trip, I highly recommend it. I know it's early in the season, but I had a blast in each of those cities.

They play the California teams in November close together..not a bad trip either.

If you've never been to Montreal, I highly recommend catching a game up there and my other suggestion is Nashville. They play on a Friday..make the trip, spend the weekend and have a blast at all the bars right there on the strip.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:34 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If you can swing the West Canada trip, I highly recommend it. I know it's early in the season, but I had a blast in each of those cities.

They play the California teams in November close together..not a bad trip either.

If you've never been to Montreal, I highly recommend catching a game up there and my other suggestion is Nashville. They play on a Friday..make the trip, spend the weekend and have a blast at all the bars right there on the strip.
I wish we played West Canada later as I would definitely have gone then.. and yea California looks okay though Wed. to Sun. is a bit annoying work-wise.

I may just do some single game trips if I can't find a 2-3 game swing that makes sense.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I wish we played West Canada later as I would definitely have gone then.. and yea California looks okay though Wed. to Sun. is a bit annoying work-wise.

I may just do some single game trips if I can't find a 2-3 game swing that makes sense.
Yeah, it makes it difficult with work that's for sure.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Brodeur

Quote:

It's not really a road trip for me, but the West Coast swing works out pretty well. Ducks on a Wednesday, Kings on a Thursday, Sharks on a Saturday. I may or may not end up skipping the Kings game just because that would require taking a day off from work (or fight LA/OC rush hour traffic). It's the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure how that would affect flight costs.

That March 14/15 weekend against TB/FLO looks decent. If you're a baseball fan, maybe you could take a couple extra days and take in some Spring Training games.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to stretch out a week between the Devils@Red Wings (March 7) and Erie@Plymouth (March 14) + Minnesota@Michigan (March 15).

Old
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

I'm just doing the Saturday game up in Boston this year on October 26th. My gf got the flight trip this year for Philly vs. Dallas. Next year I'll probably use that as leverage to get a Devils west coast road trip

She's a CPA so we can't do anything after mid-January

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

Another official Long Island "invasion" planned this year?

Or just nothing organized and we all meet up again in the lot near the Marriott?

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 02:22 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
My birthday is March 20th. I couldn't think of a better gift then booing he who shall not be named out the building while we win in either a blowout or dramatic OT
After a huge hit on him by volch.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
After a huge hit on him by volch.
''Yeah we really love what he brings. We're down 2-1 out there against Minnesota, and Volchie lays a big hit out there on Zach. That really changed the momentum of the game right there. Only a couple minutes later Patty had that goal to tie it, and then Jags scored the game winner shortly after that. Before that hit he made a huge shot block on that Wild PP. That hit right there really took the Wild out of the game, and we're used to seeing Volchie do those kinds of things for us''

- Pete Deboer in the post game press conference.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote