HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Boardish

vCash: 500

Old
07-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm not personally familiar with him but from what I can research Bernardello is a pretty typical Argentine volante/regista, best playing deep as a DM/CM. Decent at winning balls back, not overly athletic but can tackle, good passer, good free kick taker. Not the type who puts up stats but can dictate tempos, retain possession, and commit to the pressing game. Basically a poor man's Redondo.

Has experience in the Argentine Primera, Spanish La Liga and Segunda. Is supposed to sign with Mexican team Puebla for next year.
Regardless if we sign him or not? Does it mean that if we sign him he plays until the end of the season and then he's gone to Mexico?

The good things about this guy are that he's young and he fills 2 huge needs (defensive midfielder and free kick taker). Whether he's a DP worthy or not remains to be seen.

Edit 1: We can't sign him before clearing one international spot, I guess Rivas will be released.

Edit 2: He's got dual citizenship, Argentinian and yes you guessed it Italian

Last edited by Captain Saku: 07-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Italian? It all makes sense then.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Regardless if we sign him or not? Does it mean that if we sign him he plays until the end of the season and then he's gone to Mexico?

The good things about this guy are that he's young and he fills 2 huge needs (defensive midfielder and free kick taker). Whether he's a DP worthy or not remains to be seen.

Edit 1: We can't sign him before clearing one international spot, I guess Rivas will be released.

Or unless Camara gets his permanent residence done ASAP. That would free an INTL. Spot, then would let the Impact release Rivas to get another INTL. CB.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:22 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Felipe wants to be a permanent resident aswell.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Felipe wants to be a permanent resident aswell.
Where did you get that from? I know about Camara, he's said it already but wasn't aware about Felipe.

I know nothing about the law, I know Camara has been here since 3 years now, not sure what kind of Visa he's got (working permit?), how long after he resides here is he allowed to ask for PR? and how much time does it take after he applies?

Old
07-22-2013, 02:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

https://twitter.com/HBernardello5

Quote:
Where did you get that from? I know about Camara, he's said it already but wasn't aware about Felipe.

I know nothing about the law, I know Camara has been here since 3 years now, not sure what kind of Visa he's got (working permit?), how long after he resides here is he allowed to ask for PR? and how much time does it take after he applies?
MLS.com had an article of Camillo from Vancouver stating he wanted to become a perm.resident and a member of the CANMNT. Some Impact fan tweeted the link to Felipe and asked something along the lines of "How about you?" to which he answered that it would be something he would want to do.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/FeliMartins23/st...17125691219968

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 07-22-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old
07-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Well, I think he has an agreement with Puebla to go there on loan and Montreal is trying to hijack the deal, perhaps to buy him outright.

And pretty much half of Argentina has an Italian passport.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
gelu88

Assuming the only allocation money we have is from CCL, any DP move would use all of it.

So unless we modify our roster this should be all.

I really like this move, generally speaking. We all know it takes months for some players to reach their potential. If we sign him to a 18 or 30 month contract he should be in great shape for next season, just like Di Vaio.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Assuming the only allocation money we have is from CCL, any DP move would use all of it.

So unless we modify our roster this should be all.

I really like this move, generally speaking. We all know it takes months for some players to reach their potential. If we sign him to a 18 or 30 month contract he should be in great shape for next season, just like Di Vaio.
And the CCL knockout stages are "next season". So we just need to make it out of the group stages and get ready for the next step

Old
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
And the CCL knockout stages are "next season". So we just need to make it out of the group stages and get ready for the next step
As far as it relates to the cap, that does not matter. MLS gives a ~$350k lump sum for qualifying, to my knowledge there is no extra payment next year for reaching the knockouts.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
As far as it relates to the cap, that does not matter. MLS gives a ~$350k lump sum for qualifying, to my knowledge there is no extra payment next year for reaching the knockouts.
TV rights and tickets would account for some money, but you're right about no money being awarded for going an extra stage.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
I was talking about his form. Similarly to how it took MDV one off-season to show what he fully is capable of.

Pablo A. Ortiz ‏@PabloJinko 1h
Until yesterday Bernardello was a go with Puebla in Mexico, but negotiations "fell down" last minute, according to coach Lapuerta.

Emmanuel Quispe ‏@emaquix 1h
#IMFC: Argentine MF HERNAN BERNARDELLO (26) will join Montreal Impact. The deal is done, expected to be officialized tomorrow | #MLS

Old
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I was talking about his form. Similarly to how it took MDV one off-season to show what he fully is capable of.

Pablo A. Ortiz ‏@PabloJinko 1h
Until yesterday Bernardello was a go with Puebla in Mexico, but negotiations "fell down" last minute, according to coach Lapuerta.

Emmanuel Quispe ‏@emaquix 1h
#IMFC: Argentine MF HERNAN BERNARDELLO (26) will join Montreal Impact. The deal is done, expected to be officialized tomorrow | #MLS
I sure hope he has more desire than Romero who has been somewhat dissapointing... no fire in him... maybe its a move to motivate him as well.. he will have another player to communicate with.. (since rivas,the other espanic never plays, and same for maximus rodriguez))

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 07-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old
07-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I sure gope he has more desire than Romero who has been somewhat dissapointing... no fire in him... maybe its a move to motivate him as well.. he will have anotjer player to communicate with.. (since rivas never plays)
I havent given up on Romero just yet. He looked like onr of our best players for the first parts of the season, in the last 6 games or so he's been quite bad tracking back on D. With a more solid defense scheme, he might not be as exposed defensively, and would flourish again up front. If we do add the new Argentinian and go back to a 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-4-1 system, i think we'd see a much more useful Romero.

Remember, there's really no player on this team that is out and out defensive midfielder. Guys like Bernier, Arnaud, Felipe, etc., are all offensive first type players. We don't really have any tackle first bulldog types on our squad, which is why this signing makes a ton of sense (if he's good of course).

Old
07-22-2013, 04:38 PM
schumway2

This new guy will actually take up a DP spot? Is he that good?

Old
07-22-2013, 05:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

This Argentine Quispe guy who covers the MLS says he will for sure be DP.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:47 PM
MontrealYul

How many players speak Italian on the team? Nesta, Ferrari, Rivas, Pisanu, Felipe, Paponi, Di Vaio and now Bernadello? We could have (theorically) 8 players speaking Italian on the field on the starting eleven.

Get more I don't mind! Let's get 3 more!

Old
07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Zilo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealYul View Post
How many players speak Italian on the team? Nesta, Ferrari, Rivas, Pisanu, Felipe, Paponi, Di Vaio and now Bernadello? We could have (theorically) 8 players speaking Italian on the field on the starting eleven.

Get more I don't mind! Let's get 3 more!
True, but Pisanu sucks and Rivas is most likely gone...

Old
07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

As with most MLS newcomers, I hope he can withstand the physicality and weak turf.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
As with most MLS newcomers, I hope he can withstand the physicality and weak turf.
Well, that's the biggest question for me. He's used to dirty play in Argentina but players tend to be small there.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/7637/

Shiny Silver. Nice!

Old
07-22-2013, 08:58 PM
L4vK

First thing I do when we get players hehe