HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals Transplant

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 10:42 PM
  #1
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 500
Capitals Transplant

Hello all. I'm a Caps fan that's recently relocated to the Nashville area. I'm looking for fellow Capitals fans and just nice friendly people to get together with next season to watch games with. The Preds are my second team and Im excited to be able to watch Forsberg and Jones skate in person next season.

Thanks

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:48 PM
  #2
The PH Factor
Registered User
 
The PH Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Hello all. I'm a Caps fan that's recently relocated to the Nashville area. I'm looking for fellow Capitals fans and just nice friendly people to get together with next season to watch games with. The Preds are my second team and Im excited to be able to watch Forsberg and Jones skate in person next season.

Thanks
Shouldn't you be excited to see Hendricks as well?? To be fair, all of my Caps fan friends here in DC had very positive things to say about him. Enjoy Nashville, some of the folks up here are starting to call it the Brooklyn of the South

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:17 PM
  #3
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
Shouldn't you be excited to see Hendricks as well?? To be fair, all of my Caps fan friends here in DC had very positive things to say about him. Enjoy Nashville, some of the folks up here are starting to call it the Brooklyn of the South
Hendricks is one of my favs as well. I know what he brings to the table, Forsberg and Jones, not so much. Gonna miss going to the Hershey games as well.

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
  #4
Preds101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Hello all. I'm a Caps fan that's recently relocated to the Nashville area. I'm looking for fellow Capitals fans and just nice friendly people to get together with next season to watch games with. The Preds are my second team and Im excited to be able to watch Forsberg and Jones skate in person next season.

Thanks
Welcome Predatials! I am actually doing the opposite of what you are doing, sorta. I live in WI and am a Preds fan due to the Admirals but possible moving to Fairfax, VA next month. But even with the move I will stay a Preds fan and hopefully attend the Preds/Caps games whenever they play.

Preds101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:58 AM
  #5
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,503
vCash: 500
Welcome! Nashville is a pretty low key but pretty nice area. I live an hour away up here in KY but love going to games. You should feel at home soon enough.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:42 AM
  #6
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Preds101, if you do move to Fairfax let me know as that's where I live though to be honest Fairfax is actually the county and pretty big. Where are you moving to and what will you be doing? Preds will be here in September for the preseason and December for their one game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds101 View Post
Welcome Predatials! I am actually doing the opposite of what you are doing, sorta. I live in WI and am a Preds fan due to the Admirals but possible moving to Fairfax, VA next month. But even with the move I will stay a Preds fan and hopefully attend the Preds/Caps games whenever they play.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:13 AM
  #7
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 500
The people here have been so great and in the week ive been down here it already feels like home. I went to a Preds game at Bridgestone last season and loved the Atmosphere in the arena. It is definitely a different feeling than in Verizon Center. I was a season ticket holder for many years with the Caps but since the move Ive had to make some finical sacrifices. Hopefully I can get a partial season with the Preds this coming season.

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:16 AM
  #8
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,938
vCash: 500
Welcome aboard! Relocate your chair to the highest point of the sinking ship for maximum enjoyment

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
  #9
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,503
vCash: 500
Not to derail this thread but can any of you DC area folks message me some info on best arrangement on getting to DC and getting to the arena? I'm wanting to maybe do the Caps/Preds game on Saturday dec7 then get to nyc on Tuesday for the Rangers/Preds game. I would like info on which airport to fly into and getting around Dc and getting to NYC from DC. Thanks.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:37 AM
  #10
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Hello all. I'm a Caps fan that's recently relocated to the Nashville area. I'm looking for fellow Capitals fans and just nice friendly people to get together with next season to watch games with. The Preds are my second team and Im excited to be able to watch Forsberg and Jones skate in person next season.

Thanks
I am the opposite lol. Preds fan who moved a year ago to Washington DC. I love Nashville and I think you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Not to derail this thread but can any of you DC area folks message me some info on best arrangement on getting to DC and getting to the arena? I'm wanting to maybe do the Caps/Preds game on Saturday dec7 then get to nyc on Tuesday for the Rangers/Preds game. I would like info on which airport to fly into and getting around Dc and getting to NYC from DC. Thanks.
Definitely fly into DCA (Reagan airport) unless you save a ton of money flying into Dulles or BWI (Baltimore). As for hotels, I would just use hotels.com and select the cheapest in the Arlington / Crystal City / Metro DC area. It's really easy to take the metro to Gallery Place/Chinatown (where the Verizon Center is) from almost anywhere. Let me know if you have any questions; I live in downtown DC and went to a good amount of Caps games last year.

I will be at the Dec 7 game with a large group of people.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:13 PM
  #11
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,432
vCash: 500
Welcome and congrats on the move!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  #12
gratefulpred
Thread Killer
 
gratefulpred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Almo Heights, KY
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Welcome! I grew up in DC (Springfield, VA) but after joining the Army and being stationed at Ft. Campbell, never got the gumption to leave after I graduated from Murray State (being stuck in beltway traffic while home for the summer will do that). Used to go to Caps game back in the day when they played at the Cap Centre and guys like Gaetan Ducheesne and Bengt Gustafsson were fan favorites. Good Times! Welcome to the area and hope to catch you at a few games!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:57 AM
  #13
Preds101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Preds101, if you do move to Fairfax let me know as that's where I live though to be honest Fairfax is actually the county and pretty big. Where are you moving to and what will you be doing? Preds will be here in September for the preseason and December for their one game.
I am not sure exactly where I would be living but it would be near Fairfax Blvd. I would be initially doing some training then consulting hopefully somewhere in or near Fairfax.

Preds101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:43 PM
  #14
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds101 View Post
I am not sure exactly where I would be living but it would be near Fairfax Blvd. I would be initially doing some training then consulting hopefully somewhere in or near Fairfax.
Pretty long road but you could be close to me. Let me know by PM when you're coming and I'll buy you a beer. Or if you have any questions I can answer. Good luck.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #15
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Welcome. I moved here from Los Angeles about 2 days before the home opener this past season, and became a Preds STH immediately. I got to relive the futility of being a Kings season seat holder for 30+ years, and, save for a year ago, plowed through another horrible post-season without alot of passion.

Got a great place in East Nashville, and I love that they deep fry everything!

Nashville Transplant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:07 PM
  #16
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post

Got a great place in East Nashville, and I love that they deep fry everything!
Love Rose Pepper and Margot's over there on the east side.
We usually stop in every month or so.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
  #17
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 500
Im in Mount Juliet over by Hickory Lake. Haven't had a ton of time to sight see yet. Looking for some fall of the bone ribs around here though.

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:40 PM
  #18
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Im in Mount Juliet over by Hickory Lake. Haven't had a ton of time to sight see yet. Looking for some fall of the bone ribs around here though.
Ooh, over by Isaki.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:41 PM
  #19
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Im in Mount Juliet over by Hickory Lake. Haven't had a ton of time to sight see yet. Looking for some fall of the bone ribs around here though.
Try Martin's BBQ that opened up right across from Providence Marketplace late last month. Those ribs are great!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 07:32 AM
  #20
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Try Martin's BBQ that opened up right across from Providence Marketplace late last month. Those ribs are great!
Welcome to the area!
Providence is a great shopping area, although congested. My sister-in-law lives on that side of town so I have been dragged over there a few times.

Caps have been my 2nd team for a few years now. Preds style on the ice is much different (at least it has been-- let's hope they are tweaking it). I don't get to catch many games in person but if you have cable or satellite they have pretty good coverage locally. Over the air, out of luck.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 12:45 PM
  #21
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Im in Mount Juliet over by Hickory Lake. Haven't had a ton of time to sight see yet. Looking for some fall of the bone ribs around here though.
I live in Mt Juliet as well. I believe it's called Old Hickory Lake. Just kidding. It's all good.

Yeah Providence is pretty nice. I'm there quite often. Martin's BBQ is really good. Growing up in MJ in the 80s and 90s and then coming back to see it now is just crazy to me.

Also (with this being National Hot Dog Day, it's on my mind), you should check our Cori's Dog House at Providence. Freaking outstanding.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 12:49 PM
  #22
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
OK, we need to have a viewing party on this side of town. I live and work in Mt. Juliet too.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 12:57 PM
  #23
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
OK, we need to have a viewing party on this side of town. I live and work in Mt. Juliet too.
Sounds like an idea. I am in Hermitage

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:38 PM
  #24
Predatials
Registered User
 
Predatials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: United States
Posts: 2,800
vCash: 500
Lets keep this thread alive as the season gets closer. Id definalely be interested in some viewing parties. In DC the local bars would get pretty involved and offer great deals to us fans that attended. Could be a lot of fun.

Predatials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:45 PM
  #25
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatials View Post
Lets keep this thread alive as the season gets closer. Id definalely be interested in some viewing parties. In DC the local bars would get pretty involved and offer great deals to us fans that attended. Could be a lot of fun.

For the away games, O'Charley's typically hosts the Official away viewing party.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.