Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM
tjziel

vCash: 500
What is the status of NCAA Prospects Ian McCoshen, J.T. Compher, and Mark Jankowski..

Sorry I am a London Knights fan, and I do not mean to intrude on someone elses thread but I have to ask, what is the status of Ian McCoshen, JT Compher and Mark Jankowski...Are McCoshen and Compher completely commited to the NCAA or can they lured....I have to ask you Spirit fans because your more knowledgable and more in depth with your prospects. and can anyone tell me what Jankowski, McCoshen, and Compher would become if they were brung over to the CHL...Now as a Knights fan, I would be targeting both McCoshen and Compher (for 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders plus Owen McDonald)

Tell me Spirit Fans what you know about Ian McCoshen, J.T. Compher, and Mark Jankowski.......Thanks!!

Old
06-18-2013, 06:08 PM
bcspragu

Janowski- Now sure what college he is at but I believe he is already enrolled there. Already one year since he was drafted. Probably would play ahl over chl.

Now Compher and McCoshen are committed to Michigan and Boston or BC respectively but not enrolled. A strong team like London could get them to commit especially if the team that drafts them want then to play in the CHL. All three would be solid top 6 guys in the ohl next season.

I'm sure saginaw would love to pick up some free picks from you if they don't think they could get them to report. Unless they would prefer to send them to the east to avoid pumping up London more than they already are.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcspragu View Post
Janowski- Now sure what college he is at but I believe he is already enrolled there. Already one year since he was drafted. Probably would play ahl over chl.

Now Compher and McCoshen are committed to Michigan and Boston or BC respectively but not enrolled. A strong team like London could get them to commit especially if the team that drafts them want then to play in the CHL. All three would be solid top 6 guys in the ohl next season.

I'm sure saginaw would love to pick up some free picks from you if they don't think they could get them to report. Unless they would prefer to send them to the east to avoid pumping up London more than they already are.
Thanks!! That is good info!! McCoshen would definitely help the Knights replace Scott Harrington and J.T. Compher could replace Broadhurst or Griffith if one or both go to Pro. Not to mention both Giffith and Broadhurst are overagers.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Thanks!! That is good info!! McCoshen would definitely help the Knights replace Scott Harrington and J.T. Compher could replace Broadhurst or Griffith if one or both go to Pro. Not to mention both Giffith and Broadhurst are overagers.
Mark Jankowski just finished his freshman season at Providence....

Old
06-19-2013, 08:53 AM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Id be shocked if Mccoshen came to the OHL. Hes been pretty honest about any team that drafting him getting an 'NCAA' player. Playing against older, stronger players probably would be better for him, given that he projects out as a stay at home defender.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanLafortune View Post
Id be shocked if Mccoshen came to the OHL. Hes been pretty honest about any team that drafting him getting an 'NCAA' player. Playing against older, stronger players probably would be better for him, given that he projects out as a stay at home defender.
True but entering the OHL may also work against him. I would take the sure thing NCAA seeing that the Spirit D is suspect and not very good.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Whenever I go on vacation something big always happens. This time Saad becomes the first Spirit alumni to get his name on the Stanley Cup.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Congrats to Jimmy Lodge, Nick Moutrey, and Eric Locke on getting drafted today.

Now we wait to see if Locke comes back for an OA season. I think he is.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Sonny Crockett

All I have to say is "WOW"

Old
07-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Sonny Crockett

Seeing that Remi Elie got drafted maybe it would have been wise if Subban would have stayed in London. He would have most definately been drafted next year!

Old
07-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Now we wait to see if Locke comes back for an OA season. I think he is.
Although I would love to see Locke come back for an OA season, I hope he looks at all the options available to him. I am amazed that a player of his calibre did not go higher in the draft. It kills me that a late birthyear is given special treatment considering that in the end a late birthyear is still older than all the other players in that draft. Locke was 4th during the season for goals in the OHL and he's drafted 189th overall? Really? Fourth leading scorer in the OHL!

Old
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
hockeyohl

Congrads to Eric Locke,Jimmy Lodge and Nick Moutrey on having a big day yesterday. Locke as an OA next year it would be nice to see him back in Saginaw leading the team but I hope he makes it to the next level out of NHL training camp. good luck

Old
07-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Nathan Glass has been invited to Montreal's development camp while Dalton Young has been invited to Washington's.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Saginaw wont be trading anyone to the Knights. They will be targeting the same players as the Knights from other teams to acquire; this Saginaw team with or without Locke will be very competitive. Knights fans can put their away their dreams of picking away at good Spirit players for picks and start thinking about how we may have to beat them come the conference final.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Going to be quiet until the trade freeze is lifted on August 2nd so I thought I'd throw out a revised roster projection after this offseason's activity so far:

Moutrey-Locke-Lodge
Alexeev-Kea-Payne
Bratina-Lindberg-Addison
Stephens-Kontos-Trafford
Extras: Sadowy

Strong-Prophet
Callaghan-Glass
Orban-Crawford
extras: Holmes/Subban or Ringuette

Paterson
Serebryakov

Last edited by Kingpin794: 07-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
clearwater

Quote:
Going to be quiet until the trade freeze is lifted on August 2nd so I thought I'd throw out a revised roster projection after this offseason's activity so far:

Lodge-Locke-Alexeev
Payne-Kea-Moutrey
Bratina-Lindberg-Addison
Stephens-Kontos-Trafford

Strong-Prophet
Callaghan-Glass
Orban-Crawford

Paterson
Serebryakov
Lodge, Locke and Moutrey would be a much better first line. Moutrey needs to play with guys with vision and puck movers and he can produce big numbers. Plus, they need a big skilled power forward to
compliment the other two.

Old
07-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
Lodge, Locke and Moutrey would be a much better first line. Moutrey needs to play with guys with vision and puck movers and he can produce big numbers. Plus, they need a big skilled power forward to
Yeah Alexeev and Moutrey could probably be switched. Actually a lot of guys could be moved between lines. A lot of offensive depth.

EDIT: Switched them up in the revised roster projection.

Old
07-06-2013, 05:27 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
Dont know much about Lindberg.. But Kontos on the 4th? Really?

Old
07-06-2013, 08:16 PM
hockeyohl

Quote:
Yeah Alexeev and Moutrey could probably be switched. Actually a lot of guys could be moved between lines. A lot of offensive depth.

EDIT: Switched them up in the revised roster projection.
I thought you had it right the first time.Payne,Kea and Moutrey gives us two first lines,both with fire power

Old
07-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Dont know much about Lindberg.. But Kontos on the 4th? Really?
The one thing that championship teams always seem to do is roll 4 solid lines all the time. The way I made the lines, to me at least, was a good way to create 4 good lines. The first two lines are pretty similar: big bodies opening up room for the playmakers to do their job. Line 3 is a good combo of skill and youth. A line of the future maybe. Finally, Kontos is a good depth piece. He could play 2nd or 3rd line center (especially if Locke leaves) but I thought that putting another big body with Trafford and Stephens would be good.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Brandon Saad has been invited to Team USA's orientation camp.

http://www.teamusa.org/Road-to-Sochi...amp-Roster-Set

Good luck to Brandon. Here's hoping we see him suiting up for the red, white and blue in Sochi.

Old
08-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Apparently Jimmy Lodge sustained an injury and will be out for a few weeks. This according to team USA U20 coach Don Lucia.

Old
08-04-2013, 06:39 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Moutrey-Locke-Lodge
Alexeev-Kea-Payne
Bratina-Lindberg-Addison
Stephens-Kontos-Trafford

Strong-Prophet
Callaghan-Glass
Orban-Crawford

Paterson
Serebryakov
Id be surprised to see Mitchell Stephens on the fourth line. I see at least one name in the Top 9 that Stephens will outperform immediately(Addison). For people unfamilar with Stephens, his skating and acceleration is in Mcdavid territory. Very few can accelerate like Stephens.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:18 PM
JL17

Apparently Lodge was hurt during WJC camp this week.... could miss a few weeks according to the US coach.

Old
08-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Id be surprised to see Mitchell Stephens on the fourth line. I see at least one name in the Top 9 that Stephens will outperform immediately(Addison). For people unfamilar with Stephens, his skating and acceleration is in Mcdavid territory. Very few can accelerate like Stephens.
Like I said in an earlier post, Saginaw is deep offensively and guys playing 4th line are going to be good enough to be top 6 players. Basically I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephens end up in the top six, playing with some vets. But I think he might start on the fourth line and work his way up the lines. Addison has potential but he's very raw. I've said it might not be until the 14-15 season until we see him break out. So if Stephens is impressing early, I could see him flipping with Addison to get into the top nine.

The McDavid comment catches my attention. Can't wait to see this kid play in the preseason at the end of the month. Can't come soon enough.

Closed Thread