HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC's Souray trade rumour

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
CKAC's Souray trade rumour

Apparently there are 5 teams from the Western Conference that have interest in Sheldon Souray. Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames and San Jose Sharks are 3 of the 5 teams who have interest.

For who and Where would you think?

Haven't seen this thread anywhere so I thought that I'd start it.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Souray for Phaneuf

Old
11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
The CUBE

Honestly, Souray is one of the guys that I would NOT trade on our team. He has incredible leadership and is an important peice of the puzzle in the dressing room and on the ice. If I were to chose one of the D-men to trade it would be Rivet.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
AGalchenyuk27

Calgary would have to give up Tanguay or someone of equal value which would destroy our D. Edmonton would have to giev a combination of MA Bergeron and a good forward.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:41 AM
couris

i want regehr for souray

Old
11-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Artie

Let's keep in mind, 5 teams expressing interest in Souray does not mean a trade is imminent.

5 teams could just be shopping around and kicking the tires.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Judge Sauer*

Maybe Marleau is finally on his way over

Old
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
If it becomes clear that we can/will not re-sign him after the season then I believe BG should trade him instead of losing him for nothing via UFA. Not sure what other teams would be willing to give up but we have to look at the big picture here.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Shabutie

If he won't re-sign here, I wouldn't mind trading Souray for Staios + pick.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:44 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuma View Post
Apparently there are 5 teams from the Western Conference that have interest in Sheldon Souray. Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames and San Jose Sharks are 3 of the 5 teams who have interest.

Souray should only be traded when Dandenault and Bouillon come back IMO. Streit has been playing decently well, Rivet - Markov - Komisarek being their usual selves, so once Dandenault and Bouillon are healthy, we can make this trade, although for what I am not sure.

The team is starting to come together, the 1st line is untouchable, Samsonov - Kovalev - Perezhogin are playing great together, even being defensively responsible and it seems to suit Perezhogin and Samsonov to have Kovalev as their center, Bonk - Johnson - Latendresse also seem to be coming together and Plekanec played great the past couple games in his role too. Not sure I would touch the team right now unless its to get an impact defensemen and you won't get that by trading Souray.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:45 AM
puckeater

Sign him for a couple more years. We're not ready to trade him with the year he's having especially with noone ready to take his place. Trade Rivet instead.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:45 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
Honestly, Souray is one of the guys that I would NOT trade on our team. He has incredible leadership and is an important peice of the puzzle in the dressing room and on the ice. If I were to chose one of the D-men to trade it would be Rivet.
You can chose that. But odds are he is leaving this summer.
If I'm Gainey I have a good talk with him and ask him if we have the same chance as a west coast team to sign him this summer. If the answer is no....then I think we dont have a choice to trade him(if we want something in return).
I wouldnt mind Robyn Regehr.
Idealy I'd like to keep Souray I love him, he's got a rocket and he's intimidating and never lost a fight. But I'm also concerned at the $$$ he's going to be looking for if he plays like this all year.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Pascal

I don't see Souray going anywhere unless the habs are out of a playoff spot. I am sure Gainey wants to re-sign him. He has to sign him before summer imo, because then Souray is bound to get some 4 yrs 20M offer.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:47 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I don't see Souray going anywhere unless the habs are out of a playoff spot. I am sure Gainey wants to re-sign him. He has to sign him before summer imo, because then Souray is bound to get some 4 yrs 20M offer.
People will be alot less forginving with him if he makes 5 mill a year.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Pascal

Well I hope he doesn't get 5M in Montreal, we can't really afford it.. I think at 3.5M it'd be a fair price. But in the open market a 220 pds dman who can score 20 on the PP is gonna get a lot of attention.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I'll be honest...there is no way I want him on our team for 5 million a season and 4 more years to boot.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:51 AM
AH

If Sheldon leaves via free agency, that's fine. It's a part of life in a cap era. However, there is no point in completely guttting your team of your main PP weapon just to avoid the FA situation.

It's ridiculous to even think along those lines, especially for a team which the GM says should contend for 4th spot in the conference.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
if we traded souray for a forward I would be siriusly pissed off

Old
11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Shabutie

Staios imo would make our D more like Buffalo's. He's fairly fast, mobile, good first pass... He's like a more experienced Streit but he hits more often. Apparently he's trying to re-sign long term with the oilers, and I think he'd cost alot less than sheldon.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

No rumours will ever come true with Bob Gainey, get that in your head little boys.

/thread.

Old
11-01-2006, 09:59 AM
viasyncro

Souray currently...

Ranks 1st among NHL defensemen with 5 goals and 11 points... - Tied for 1st in the NHL (with Marian Hossa and Joe Thornton) with 10 power play points... - Ranks 1st among Canadiens' players, 1st among Canadiens' defenseman and 3rd in the NHL with 5 power play goals...

Can you spell PEAK VALUE... As mentionned, if he really wants to be close to his daugther instead of taking it easy and lonely in Boucherville, then for sure TRADE him now while his value has peaked. But as previously mentionned, if he would consider re-signing here, he is too important to us for this year.

Old
11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Skyblaze

While keeping Souray would be a good thing, the Habs have to consider that he's one of the few UFAs that we have this year and they can't just ignore a good trade offer.

I think if Bob gets offered a decently priced D with some years left on his contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see Souray go.

The Oils would be interested in getting their hands on Souray for sure, but I doubt they'd pay the asking price which would be more than M-A Bergeron. I can picture Gainey asking for Staios which I doubt the Oils would do.

Old
11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
hab

really would like to see him stay, but really dont thimk he will

Old
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Pascal

He might be at "peak value" but it's a peak value for an impending UFA. I don't think the return we'd get for Souray would be worth losing him when we're a contender in the east. We can just sign a cheaper dman in the summer.

Old
11-01-2006, 10:06 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by izuma View Post

Bergeron and Lupul.

Closed Thread