HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2013, 07:13 AM
xbure9x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Any idea how their lettering is on the 3rd Jerseys?
I personally got one from them, and I've heard of a couple other instances of the same thing, that they don't curve the letters like they're supposed to. They basically put the arched letters like the regular jerseys.

It really bothered me because they claim to be so perfect and professional with their jerseys, I was disappointed. At least they have good customer service, as they took the jersey back no problem.

This was a year ago, so I couldn't tell you if they've figured it out and corrected it by now.

Old
07-23-2013, 07:25 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Used my $30 icejerseys credit combined with the 30% discount code to get a Callahan Olympic jersey for 98 bucks. Gotta support 'Merica correctly

Old
07-23-2013, 12:38 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

JC's McDonagh jersey watch day 130...

So not only do I think they ****ed up the nameplate again but they also gave me the wrong size!!!!

Last edited by JohnC: 07-23-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old
07-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Blue Seat Spartan
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
JC's McDonagh jersey watch day 130...

So not only do I think they ****ed up the nameplate again but they also gave me the wrong size!!!!

That's the same situation I had when I bought a RBK Edge Heritage Callahan jersey, and in a sale mind you! I opted to have IJ customize the jersey in my order. When I got the jersey in the mail, the same thing happened to me... the back lettering was done all wrong as well as the 'A' in front.

If I'm ordering from Ice Jerseys again, I'd purchase the jersey blank. From here, several options to go with:
  • Exclusive Pro Sports - they sell all kits for $55 and the nameplate is EDGE material, or mail jersey and have them do it for $50 + shipping; can take a while to complete, though
  • Arena Wear - official customizers for the Rangers; $100 per kit
  • Gerry Cosby's - previous long-time customizers for the Rangers; $95 base fee + sales tax; Cosby's does the lettering while Arena Wear sews it up
  • NHL Store in NYC - pick the stitching option instead of heat sealed lettering; $85 to get jersey sent to Arena Wear for customizing

Old
07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

I have to see what I'm gonna do. The problem is literally exactly the same plus more after 130 days

Might just return, get a refund, and go somewhere else

Old
07-23-2013, 06:45 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I wound up ordering a white Brassard from Ice Jerseys. Even though my home McDonagh came out gorgeous from them, there's been bad stories about the road jersey customizations from them so I put in the instructions a picture of what the nameplate arch should looked like along with a photo of someone's Nash jersey they did from last thread as to what not to do. Hopefully it comes out nice and there isn't any issues. If not, their customer service seems good enough that it'll get resolved quickly. Couldn't pass up a customized jersey for under $100.

07-23-2013, 07:09 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Can someone with a third jersey please take a clear, close up picture of the nameplate so I can show these dumbasses how it's supposed to look? Much appreciated

Old
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Can someone with a third jersey please take a clear, close up picture of the nameplate so I can show these dumbasses how it's supposed to look? Much appreciated
I have a Gaborik one. I'll post pictures later in this thread.

Last edited by Jabroni: 07-23-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old
07-23-2013, 07:53 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
I have a Gaborik one. I'll post pictures later in this post.
Thank you!

Old
07-23-2013, 07:58 PM
xbure9x

to be honest, I've yet to see someone with a heritage jersey customized 100% like the real on ice ones, replica or authentic. it seems to me the font used for the on ice jerseys is a bit thicker and less rounded than I've seen on the jerseys people own.

it sucks because I love the jersey, but with non authentic customization, it ruins it. and yes I am a bit of a jersey snob.

Old
07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
This is my Stepan jersey that I got at the MSG team store shortly after they came out in 2010. No clue if it's the correct nameplate or customization though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (8).JPG‎ (980.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo (9).JPG‎ (884.1 KB, 21 views)

Old
07-23-2013, 08:21 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post
to be honest, I've yet to see someone with a heritage jersey customized 100% like the real on ice ones, replica or authentic. it seems to me the font used for the on ice jerseys is a bit thicker and less rounded than I've seen on the jerseys people own.

it sucks because I love the jersey, but with non authentic customization, it ruins it. and yes I am a bit of a jersey snob.
It seems to be a thing with the thirds. Everywhere I look online, the nameplates seem to all be the same material as the ****ed up one coolhockey keeps giving me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
This is my Stepan jersey that I got at the MSG team store shortly after they came out in 2010. No clue if it's the correct nameplate or customization though.
Thank you sir!

Old
07-23-2013, 08:46 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post

This is one of the reasons that I buy gamers.

Old
07-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Thank you!
Here they are. Let me know if you'd like any more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130723_221416.jpg‎ (363.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130723_221451.jpg‎ (553.2 KB, 21 views)

Old
07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Here they are. Let me know if you'd like any more.
Perfecto. Gracias!

Old
07-24-2013, 10:29 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Anyone know where I can get a fairly accurate replica Team Sweden jersey?

Old
07-25-2013, 05:42 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Liberties back from Arena Wear

Old
07-26-2013, 12:49 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

i know its not "jerseys", but has anyone bought any of those t-shirts from webleedblue.com? any feedback? theres a couple of em i have my eye on, but any heads up on quality etc would be greatly appreciated.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:43 AM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Liberties back from Arena Wear
look incredible? i was looking to customize both white and blue liberty jerseys as well. what did they charge, and what was the turn around time? thanks.

Old
07-26-2013, 07:28 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
look incredible? i was looking to customize both white and blue liberty jerseys as well. what did they charge, and what was the turn around time? thanks.
They do. A little disappointed in myself for not realizing the white no longer fits (Gretzky's my favorite player of all time so it's kinda heart breaking) because of how good it came out. It was about $90 a piece and took about a month. Very happy with the whole process overall

Old
07-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Mashinter Splinter

Quote:
They do. A little disappointed in myself for not realizing the white no longer fits (Gretzky's my favorite player of all time so it's kinda heart breaking) because of how good it came out. It was about $90 a piece and took about a month. Very happy with the whole process overall
I didn't realize Arena Wear did the white liberty jersey. I was going to send mine to EPS. After seeing the end result, do you think I would be better off sending it to Arena Wear over EPS?

Old
07-26-2013, 08:15 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanMan20 View Post
I didn't realize Arena Wear did the white liberty jersey. I was going to send mine to EPS. After seeing the end result, do you think I would be better off sending it to Arena Wear over EPS?
I won't comment on how Exclusive Pro's work will look cuz I've never seen it but if you don't mind spending the extra $30-$40 go arena wear simply for the real deal treatment. It looks really good.

If someone can vouch for EPS being just as good then it's totally up to you

Old
07-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Mashinter Splinter

Quote:
I won't comment on how Exclusive Pro's work will look cuz I've never seen it but if you don't mind spending the extra $30-$40 go arena wear simply for the real deal treatment. It looks really good.

If someone can vouch for EPS being just as good then it's totally up to you
Thanks! I used AW on my RBK1.0 Girardi last year and absolutely loved it. I don't mind spending a few bucks more to make sure it's done absolutely perfectly. I think I will go back to AW for the white liberty. If you have any pictures of yours, let me know. I'd love to check it out but if not, I appreciate the info!

Old
07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanMan20 View Post
Thanks! I used AW on my RBK1.0 Girardi last year and absolutely loved it. I don't mind spending a few bucks more to make sure it's done absolutely perfectly. I think I will go back to AW for the white liberty. If you have any pictures of yours, let me know. I'd love to check it out but if not, I appreciate the info!
Did my pictures not post?!

Old
07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Mashinter Splinter

Quote:
Did my pictures not post?!
I don't see the white liberty but I'm at work and it's possible they are blocked here!

Closed Thread