HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He's done but Theo Peckham would be very good for Hamilton
Wow did Theo Peckham really fall off like that? I remember at some point people compared him to a more physical Josh Gorges.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:18 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
Wow did Theo Peckham really fall off like that? I remember at some point people compared him to a more physical Josh Gorges.
He always sucked. Don Cherry had a segment about him and then suddenly people thought he was good.

Old
07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
zzoo

In theory, McCarron can join Dogs this year, right ?
How about next year, after playing in OHL, can he join Dogs for the whole season (not just a few games at the end of season) ?

Old
07-19-2013, 01:31 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
How about next year, after playing in OHL, can he join Dogs for the whole season (not just a few games at the end of season) ?
Yes, for both years.

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-19-2013, 02:06 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
The rule goes that if you haven't played any CHL before your NHL team drafts you (or is it first draft eligible year?), then they won't have any hold over you later on.

Old
07-19-2013, 02:18 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The Habs have signed Stephane Lebeau to coach the offence in Hamilton. I'm wondering why they haven't asked Patrick to either join his brother coaching or to be a European scout for them? After playing with 21 different teams he must have contacts that most people couldn't dream about having.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Why do you qualify Tokarski if you have no intention of signing him....it can't take THAT long. Are they seriously thinking of going with Mayer as Hamilton #1???

Old
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why do you qualify Tokarski if you have no intention of signing him....it can't take THAT long. Are they seriously thinking of going with Mayer as Hamilton #1???
who knows what the plan is. I doubt they are going with a Mayer-Condon/Delams duo or so I hope. As long as Tokarski is the starter next year for the Dogs, if it's Mayer then I will dread watching Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Thanks Montreal the lines in Hamilton haven't stayed together much more than 4-5 games in the last two seasons. When did the Bulldogs or the Habs say which line is their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, which is more my point. Defence pairings are different, but that's likely to vary at the beginning of this season too. Do you think anyone could do worse?
Well anyone putting lines for the AHL is just wasiting time since lines usually don't stay together for long. Of course the teams don't call them lines but when you list 4 lines one on top of the other, it's going to be construed as 1st line, 2nd line, etc...

I don't think those lines could be much worse but it's still a ways to go in the off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Is Thrower gonna be in Hamilton for sure ? I tought he would stay in the WHL for another year
We'll find out by the time camp ends, they can wait and see how he looks at training camp if they want.

Quote:
Bournival is a C while Holland is W.

Any news about Belizle, Tenute, Chaput and Corbin ?
Bournival has seen time on the wing and Holland has seen time at center.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
who knows what the plan is. I doubt they are going with a Mayer-Condon/Delams duo or so I hope. As long as Tokarski is the starter next year for the Dogs, if it's Mayer then I will dread watching Hamilton.
I hope so but right now, that's the sound of staying put....and I don't like that. I mean, it can't take you that long in negotiating with your #1 starter in Hamilton does it? Unless....he's already signs for 2 years. I mean, there is a reason why they insisted for him to not go in Europe. It can't be because they were missing a #2 in Hamilton. I mean, Delmas could be the guy. And I have a lot of faith with Condon actually. I know, just development camp practices, but I loved what I saw. Yet....we need a #1 goalie back there. And if it's not him 'cause for some reasons, they don't like him, well the other good goalies are surely all signed.

I mean, you do remember how puzzled you were when Tokarski wasn't dressed too much at the end of the year, and we thought it was because they wanted to see Mayer more or the other goalies...well....it was either that or something happened and Tokarski did something. But then...why do you qualify him?

Old
07-22-2013, 03:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I hope so but right now, that's the sound of staying put....and I don't like that. I mean, it can't take you that long in negotiating with your #1 starter in Hamilton does it? Unless....he's already signs for 2 years. I mean, there is a reason why they insisted for him to not go in Europe. It can't be because they were missing a #2 in Hamilton. I mean, Delmas could be the guy. And I have a lot of faith with Condon actually. I know, just development camp practices, but I loved what I saw. Yet....we need a #1 goalie back there. And if it's not him 'cause for some reasons, they don't like him, well the other good goalies are surely all signed.

I mean, you do remember how puzzled you were when Tokarski wasn't dressed too much at the end of the year, and we thought it was because they wanted to see Mayer more or the other goalies...well....it was either that or something happened and Tokarski did something. But then...why do you qualify him?
Since they gave him his QO I assume he's going to be signed at some point. If not the Dogs are in big trouble. I'm interested in Condon since he already played on a bad princeton team but did well enough, but a Mayer-Condon duo would scary especially if Price gets injured for any length of time.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Since they gave him his QO I assume he's going to be signed at some point. If not the Dogs are in big trouble. I'm interested in Condon since he already played on a bad princeton team but did well enough, but a Mayer-Condon duo would scary especially if Price gets injured for any length of time.
Great point. My thought process is that Tokarski will hold the number one spot, the number two going to Mayer while the number one in the ECHL will be Condon. Let him develop and force Mayer down.

Interesting plan.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
S Bah

Quote:

I think what you're thinking about was Mayer getting the call up at the end of the season, with the black aces. Expected Tokarski to get called up, he deserved the call-up based on his play and the Bulldogs were mathematically out of the Calder Cup playoffs by then.

Mayer has games where he stands in there and wins the game or could have if the Bulldogs could score. I guess if he could find some consistency in his game he might be able to take the #1. Somebody in the organization obviously sees ability in Mayer's game that I can't, not that I'm Stephane Waite, not even overweight.

I assume that the time the Habs have invested in Mayer will pay off, hopefully in the form of Brett Ritchie or a high draft pick 2nd or 3rd round pick. As pigs grow wings and bacon comes Air Mail at least in my world.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:27 PM
S Bah

Quote:
that may be the worst line up i have ever seen proposed. St. Pierre on the 3rd line, Blunden on the 4th, Holland on the 4th, Nattinen hasn't been a center in Hamilton at all. But the top line may take the cake, 2 rookies with Tarnasky, yikes.
I thought "Marty the Party" would be just the tonic for college boyz Quailer and Leblanc. Blunden, MacAuley and Holland could be a great checking line, Tarnasky on a line with Duffy and Andrighetto could be similar to the Habs two Gally's and Prust.

Finally having both Naatinen and Bournival (both having played center, Naatinen full-time in Finland) with another goalscorer in Thomas (Bournival gifted goalscorer) Naatinen when drafted had a %63 avg. in faceoffs could be the defensive conscience on their line. He starred performing that role in WJHC on the 1st line for Finland with Joel Armia and Sami Salminen. Bournival and Naatinen when healthy will be PK's also which works. St.Pierre and Leblanc are both used on the PK also when healthy. I have two players on each line that have been or are centers and spread out the lines for a more balanced lineup. Basically trying to emulate the Habs lineup with a top nine and a shutdown 4th line of Blunden, MacAuley and Holland for speed on the line.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-22-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old
07-23-2013, 03:58 AM
S Bah

Quote:
If the Bulldogs make the playoffs they could get an infusion of McCarron, Collberg and Crisp, which might make them a contender hopefully. Hamilton hasn't won the Calder Cup since Price led them to it after winning Gold for Canada at the WJHC's. It's been a while, but when they get into the playoffs they are hard to beat.

Old
07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Treb

Quote:
If the Bulldogs make the playoffs they could get an infusion of McCarron, Collberg and Crisp, which might make them a contender hopefully. Hamilton hasn't won the Calder Cup since Price led them to it after winning Gold for Canada at the WJHC's. It's been a while, but when they get into the playoffs they are hard to beat.
McCarron is Memorial Cup bound, so I doubt he joins the Bulldogs. Vail, Hudon, Bozon, Collberg, Crisp, Reway, Grégoire, Thrower, Nystrom and even Lehkonen could join the dogs if deemed ready.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
McCarron is Memorial Cup bound, so I doubt he joins the Bulldogs. Vail, Hudon, Bozon, Collberg, Crisp, Reway, Grégoire, Thrower, Nystrom and even Lehkonen could join the dogs if deemed ready.
That should help the effort in Hamilton knowing that high quality reinforcements like them, will be available to rest banged up players during a long run, hopefully.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Treb

Quote:
That should help the effort in Hamilton knowing that high quality reinforcements like them, will be available to rest banged up players during a long run, hopefully.
Worth mentionning that the euros will need the permission of their club to join the bulldogs, as was the case with Collberg/Nygren last year.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Great point. My thought process is that Tokarski will hold the number one spot, the number two going to Mayer while the number one in the ECHL will be Condon. Let him develop and force Mayer down.

Interesting plan.
That I assume is the plan, just that some are waiting for Tokarski to actually get signed. Condon and Delmas should be in the ECHL, assuming Tokarski is signed.

Quote:
I think what you're thinking about was Mayer getting the call up at the end of the season, with the black aces. Expected Tokarski to get called up, he deserved the call-up based on his play and the Bulldogs were mathematically out of the Calder Cup playoffs by then.

Mayer has games where he stands in there and wins the game or could have if the Bulldogs could score. I guess if he could find some consistency in his game he might be able to take the #1. Somebody in the organization obviously sees ability in Mayer's game that I can't, not that I'm Stephane Waite, not even overweight.

I assume that the time the Habs have invested in Mayer will pay off, hopefully in the form of Brett Ritchie or a high draft pick 2nd or 3rd round pick. As pigs grow wings and bacon comes Air Mail at least in my world.
No he's talking about the end of the season where they put Tokarski in the press box for 2 of the final 3 games and then he didn't get the call for the game Mayer sat on the bench. Just seemed like an odd way to treat your top goalie prospect.

Mayer did look better last season then he has in the past so hopefully he gets more consistent but still don't know what the Habs see in him to have ever gotten an NHL contract let alone another one.

Quote:
I thought "Marty the Party" would be just the tonic for college boyz Quailer and Leblanc. Blunden, MacAuley and Holland could be a great checking line, Tarnasky on a line with Duffy and Andrighetto could be similar to the Habs two Gally's and Prust.

Finally having both Naatinen and Bournival (both having played center, Naatinen full-time in Finland) with another goalscorer in Thomas (Bournival gifted goalscorer) Naatinen when drafted had a %63 avg. in faceoffs could be the defensive conscience on their line. He starred performing that role in WJHC on the 1st line for Finland with Joel Armia and Sami Salminen. Bournival and Naatinen when healthy will be PK's also which works. St.Pierre and Leblanc are both used on the PK also when healthy. I have two players on each line that have been or are centers and spread out the lines for a more balanced lineup. Basically trying to emulate the Habs lineup with a top nine and a shutdown 4th line of Blunden, MacAuley and Holland for speed on the line.
I don't agree with Holland on a checking line, he has no strength or physical game. I also wouldn't do that to 2 skilled rookies with Tarnasky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Worth mentionning that the euros will need the permission of their club to join the bulldogs, as was the case with Collberg/Nygren last year.
only if they are under contract with their Swedish club next season. So Collberg and DLR would not need permission.

Old
07-23-2013, 03:22 PM
S Bah

Quote:
That I assume is the plan, just that some are waiting for Tokarski to actually get signed. Condon and Delmas should be in the ECHL, assuming Tokarski is signed.

No he's talking about the end of the season where they put Tokarski in the press box for 2 of the final 3 games and then he didn't get the call for the game Mayer sat on the bench. Just seemed like an odd way to treat your top goalie prospect.

Mayer did look better last season then he has in the past so hopefully he gets more consistent but still don't know what the Habs see in him to have ever gotten an NHL contract let alone another one.

I don't agree with Holland on a checking line, he has no strength or physical game. I also wouldn't do that to 2 skilled rookies with Tarnasky.

only if they are under contract with their Swedish club next season. So Collberg and DLR would not need permission.
Holland has had a season with the pros now and Dumont has graduated, who most resembles Dumont in speed, intensity and will come to camp with 10 lbs. more muscle.

Like it or not Duffy and Andrighetto need a player that can make room for them and make sure opponents don't take liberties with them. Tarnasky fits that bill to a tee and he's good in front of the net, for deflections, garbage goals.

Old
07-23-2013, 04:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Holland has had a season with the pros now and Dumont has graduated, who most resembles Dumont in speed, intensity and will come to camp with 10 lbs. more muscle.

Like it or not Duffy and Andrighetto need a player that can make room for them and make sure opponents don't take liberties with them. Tarnasky fits that bill to a tee and he's good in front of the net, for deflections, garbage goals.
where did you hear Holland will come to camp with 10 lbs more muscle? I would be surprised as he has a rail thin frame. 10 lbs of muscle is not so easy to add over the off-season for players that lack strength and mass to begin with.

who says Duffy will play with Andrighetto to begin with? Even if so, putting them with Tarnasky sounds silly to me.

Old
07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
where did you hear Holland will come to camp with 10 lbs more muscle? I would be surprised as he has a rail thin frame. 10 lbs of muscle is not so easy to add over the off-season for players that lack strength and mass to begin with.

who says Duffy will play with Andrighetto to begin with? Even if so, putting them with Tarnasky sounds silly to me.
I hope you're wrong about Holland. If he can stronger/bigger/faster then he has a real shot even if he'll eventually be eclipsed by our other prospects.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I hope you're wrong about Holland. If he can stronger/bigger/faster then he has a real shot even if he'll eventually be eclipsed by our other prospects.
skilled playmaker for sure but last year he was easily knocked off the puck as he lacks lower body strength and overall strength. He'll have a few years to add mass and strength so hopefully he does as the skill is there.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
S Bah

Quote:

Hey I did say originally "Nothing written in Stone" if you recall, I was throwing possible lines and I've explained why now, it's not as though Bergevin has a direct line and has me on speed dial. Just another armchair GM like all of us posting here.

Old
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM
NickW

Drew Shiestel, former 2nd round pick, signed on a 2-way AHL/ECHL contract with the Bulldogs. Any reports on this guy?

Old
07-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Not much to talk about about, former 2nd round pick, Hamilton native.

Closed Thread