HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs draft Martin Reway with the 116th overall pick (info in OP)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
  #151
xyzed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
well I guess organization is better word

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:19 PM
  #152
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzed View Post
according to this interview he wants to put up 100 pts next season (and less PIMs). He is pretty confident, I like that.

Another notes you might find interesting
- he loves Montreal, club is amazing
- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years- he is very motivated by hearing that
- he is aware of the pressure, he has to deal with next season

sorry for my english
His coach is telling him tall tales. Not only is he tiny but he is very raw, he has an impressive bag of tricks but he doesn't look like he understands how to play the game within a system.

Interesting pick due to his skills but it is going to take some time.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
  #153
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzed View Post
according to this interview he wants to put up 100 pts next season (and less PIMs). He is pretty confident, I like that.

Another notes you might find interesting
- he loves Montreal, club is amazing
- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years
- he is very motivated by hearing that
- he is aware of the pressure, he has to deal with next season

sorry for my english
Translation (a bit easier to understand)
Quote:
Third drafted Slovaks in recent NHL entry draft pick was a Czech native Martin Rewa , which chose perhaps the most traditional club competition - Montreal Canadiens. Martin is turning to Development Camp Montreal found time for an extensive interview exclusively for SlovakNHL.sk. My first question was about even pick a club that chose him. Rewa him are very satisfied: "I love Montreal, the club is all amazing, everything is taken care of and do not miss them at all is no small feat. Thus flavors NHL, it's incredible! Especially in view of what I have past, I completely satisfied. It's awesome! When you pick, you can see it all around you and notice where you are, what motivates you to go all the way. " After being drafted was the pupil of the Czech hockey invited to the development camp Canadiens because of which even had unexpectedly quit their vacation. "Yes, I have come to one day camp, but leave it and still hope for other money, yet to be (smile). The first day I was therefore at camp, so I missed out on the ice tests and tests on dry land. The second day of the training skills with the puck on the ice and in the evening we played one against two, two against three. The third and fourth day we just played the fifth day was free, we had only stretching and last day we just played again, " described the course of Rewa camp in Montreal. Consequently, I appreciated Martin last season, which took place in Gatineau jersey junior in the QMJHL, and that was also his first overseas. He managed to get there in 50 points (22 +25) in 47 matches. "It was in my career fateful decision. I was lucky that I got a great family, the best coach that I predicted that in two years I'll be in the NHL, which makes me very motivated. You can not imagine, when you tell a coach that brought so many amazing players. It is hard, but that's better! Well, the first half of the season was difficult on the psyche, I did well and sometimes I even happen to me came available, and I scored, but the next game I walk. In the second half of the season but I have felt confidence in the playoff that was built especially for me, I had high ice-time, which I missed during the season, but the points could be even more. Season are in a better standard. In order to keep a good mood girlfriend, which unfortunately I do not have, but I am looking for a new one. Life goes on, " the winger told likable this information, which will appeal especially our female readers :-) eighteen year old Martin is aware of their qualities, but also the expectation that it will be in the next season, certainly more than in the previous one. He said well what needs to improve: "I am aware that for me will put enormous pressure, whether from the coach, but especially from the fans and from Montreal. I play a lot, but it is important that we as a team went performance-up. I help younger players and more talk with coaches. This pressure love and I really enjoy it. The individual perspective, I would like to collect 100 points and less Canadian penalty minutes! (Last season there were only 56 - Ed. Editor) " And what summer training? 'I started in Banska Bystrica, I had a two-phase training every day and I can not very satisfied with cooperation with Duro Moravčik his coaches was great and even me enjoyed it, I did progress. I am currently in Trencin ice like. With the growth Pavlikovskż, Majom Gaborik, Peťo Sojčikom and other players who already have something for you, so I have the opportunity to learn something from them. " Martin Rewa is drafted in the KHL Slovan Bratislava, but the possibility that he failed to enforce the and went overseas to play KHL can not admit: "Absolutely not think that I would be unable to enforce! In addition, I have a valid contract with Sparta, so it would hardly let go of me. " to raising Slovak fans Rewa got even by refusing the invitation to the FIFA World Cup players up to 18 years in Sochi. We explained why: "I hate to return to it, it was not just my decision. It was confirmed by doctors, we talked about how well Mr. Bokroš and still counts with me. I think it's pretty straining, but it is for me a fan of it I want to go back a good performance. " Our very pleasant conversation with Martin I ended questions about the future of Slovak hockey and that better times lie ahead, after last year's drought have been drafted drafted three Slovaks. "We can only hope. It's also about how to fit overseas CHL, USHL after the event. Tomįš Török or Paťo Koyš are on our circumstances are still the best players in Slovakia. Should Tomas (Torok) slightly more points, it would certainly drafted. Maťo Paulovič is also a great hockey player, it is the dad and he chose a different path. Kojčo with t (Koyš with Torok - Ed. Editor) went to overseas and maybe they are better, it is hard to say. Anyway, in Slovakia there are many talented players, but should work with them, try to show them the right way. If we had to say about the quality of juniors, so it is every year worse and trainers A-teams do not want to be incorporated into the compositions of younger players, which is obviously wrong, but we can not do anything about it, " Martin contributed their bit to which we never said goodbye this issue. We wish him good luck and speedy enforcement of the Canadiens organization!

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  #154
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzed View Post
according to this interview he wants to put up 100 pts next season (and less PIMs). He is pretty confident, I like that.

Another notes you might find interesting
- he loves Montreal, club is amazing
- he lives with great family in Gatineau, his coach is the best and predicted him to be in the NHL in 2 years
- he is very motivated by hearing that
- he is aware of the pressure, he has to deal with next season

sorry for my english
Love his attitude. Had me at "loves Montreal".

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:37 PM
  #155
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Love his attitude. Had me at "loves Montreal".
Reway > Vincent

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:43 PM
  #156
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,519
vCash: 500
When I see Reway, I see Petr Straka. Tons of offensive potential and pure skills, overall game to work on. Though I do admit, I prefered Reway in his draft year than Straka, yet there are some talks that Straka will have a fair chance to be in the NHL next year. I don't believe it, he has to see some AHL time as far as I'm concerned, as his overall game is far from being perfect though did improve. Same for Reway as far as having a whole lot of other things to improve.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
  #157
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
the more I see and hear, the more I'm pumped about this kid. He didn't look as small as I thought. His frame is almost Gallagher/Hudon like which to me is fine.

I'm actually happy we got him instead of Subban. Looks talented as #$#@!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 06:00 PM
  #158
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
This kid is definitely aware of the dire situation that the Slovak hockey is under at the current time. It takes a lot of desire not to mention the required talent to succeed, his size being another drawback for him, which he must be aware and still his concentration is focused. Martin Rewa has the confidence and the conviction to his craft, displayed by other Europeans, namely Marko Dano and former juniors like Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne. Players that would not be denied their futures as professional hockey players. I'm impressed if you hadn't perceived that by now, looking forward to seeing his play next season.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 06:08 PM
  #159
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
This kid is definitely aware of the dire situation that the Slovak hockey is under at the current time. It takes a lot of desire not to mention the required talent to succeed, his size being another drawback for him, which he must be aware and still his concentration is focused. Martin Rewa has the confidence and the conviction to his craft, displayed by other Europeans, namely Marko Dano and former juniors like Saku Koivu and Teemu Selanne. Players that would not be denied their futures as professional hockey players. I'm impressed if you hadn't perceived that by now, looking forward to seeing his play next season.
Out of curiosity, I was wondering where you gathered that from? Was it because of the way he overcame his addictions and did well this past season, in a different country while adapting to different customs and language?

Or did something else impress you?

I'm just trying to avoid being a little optimistic because its kind of the same story every draft where we hope we get a gem in the latter rounds only to be left disappointed.

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 06:24 PM
  #160
Xss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
His coach is telling him tall tales. Not only is he tiny but he is very raw, he has an impressive bag of tricks but he doesn't look like he understands how to play the game within a system.

Interesting pick due to his skills but it is going to take some time.
I think it's Reway who is saying that his coach will be in the NHL in 2 years.

Xss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 06:48 PM
  #161
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Looks like the old douchey brother from home improvement.
Brad! LOL! 90s TV (and music) ftw.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #162
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Out of curiosity, I was wondering where you gathered that from? Was it because of the way he overcame his addictions and did well this past season, in a different country while adapting to different customs and language?

Or did something else impress you?

I'm just trying to avoid being a little optimistic because its kind of the same story every draft where we hope we get a gem in the latter rounds only to be left disappointed.
oh for sure he's still a long shot but going over a PPG in your rookie year after being a chain-smoking drinker from another country is pretty damn impressive. His highlights are really impressive and he doesn't look THAT small to me. Or at least as small as I thought.

I just like that we have a kid with his kind of upside as our (collectively self-proclaimed) 26th best prospect.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
  #163
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
His coach is telling him tall tales. Not only is he tiny but he is very raw, he has an impressive bag of tricks but he doesn't look like he understands how to play the game within a system.

Interesting pick due to his skills but it is going to take some time.
The last time this coach said something like this, it was about a 17 yo redhead who just signed a 66M$.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
  #164
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
oh for sure he's still a long shot but going over a PPG in your rookie year after being a chain-smoking drinker from another country is pretty damn impressive. His highlights are really impressive and he doesn't look THAT small to me. Or at least as small as I thought.

I just like that we have a kid with his kind of upside as our (collectively self-proclaimed) 26th best prospect.
I don't find he looks THAT small, either. In the first game I saw him live he had a great game, scoring 2 goals and 3 points here against the Moose (in a rare 6-1 spanking of a fully healthy Mooseheads squad). He and Hyka definitely clicked.

Really, REALLY interesting prospect, but might make for a difficult decision in the long run; mainly because of timing. Kid is mega talented, but I think it's going to take at LEAST a couple of years to mesh that skill with an increasingly structured approach to being a professional hockey player - in a foreign environment, at that. If he can make big enough strides in that direction (within the next couple of years), and prove able to keep up with the systems he's asked to play... could be fun. Hope he gets a couple of years in Hamilton after junior to toughen up.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 08:31 PM
  #165
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Brad! LOL! 90s TV (and music) ftw.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
  #166
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
When I see Reway, I see Petr Straka. Tons of offensive potential and pure skills, overall game to work on. Though I do admit, I prefered Reway in his draft year than Straka, yet there are some talks that Straka will have a fair chance to be in the NHL next year. I don't believe it, he has to see some AHL time as far as I'm concerned, as his overall game is far from being perfect though did improve. Same for Reway as far as having a whole lot of other things to improve.
I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Anyway - that's my take. Not trying to be difficult or anything.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
  #167
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Anyway - that's my take. Not trying to be difficult or anything.
Hey no problem. Different takes on same players....won't be the first time. I'm mostly comparing the portion of skills vs overall game. To me, Straka played a much smarter game as he progressed. I didn't like how he was playing it in his draft year. But again, I wasn't that much present LIVE in his draft year, only had to refer myself to the TV games I saw which was quite often though. But sometimes, you are lucky or not based on the games and the matchups you see. I know that the player that I've seen the most on TV in his draft year was Charles Hudon and in NONE of those games did the guy impressed me and I was looking at every aspect of the game I could see...on TV. Clearly, he's making me look like a fool now. And that's fine with me. Not the first, won't be the last.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 08:58 AM
  #168
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I don't see the similarity to be honest - five inches difference in height, Reway is definitely more skilled, but Straka works harder and plays a smarter game.

I preferred Straka quite a bit more in his draft year - was a top 40 pick for me while Reway was a 4th or 5th rounder in my opinion, and the draft bore that out.
Straka got led astray in a poor situation in Rimouski, but has his game back on track.

The big dogs in the scouting world don't think Straka is overly skilled, heard that quite often this season. I think his skill is okay, but certainly not at Reway's level. The kid can dangle like few others...just hope he learns the rest of the game, particularly using his teammates more effectively. That's not an issue with Straka.

Anyway - that's my take. Not trying to be difficult or anything.
That reminds me of one of Archambault weakness IIRC. I do hope Reway fares better than him though.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
  #169
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
That reminds me of one of Archambault weakness IIRC. I do hope Reway fares better than him though.
the difference is that Reway looks a lot more involved in the play and is actually putting up points.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 10:02 AM
  #170
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,311
vCash: 500
The US NHL Network has been replaying the WJC's. Watched the US-Slovakia game the other night, was very impressed that Reway saw so much ice time for a 17 year old as he was used on the top line all night. I didn't care for his effort at times in his own end, and unlike Hudon who always seems to keep his feet moving I noticed in the couple games i've seen of Reway he was floating/coasting several times.

But he looks to be highly skilled as he was moving the puck really well and used his speed to create chances despite his team getting shelled by a much better team.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 11:40 AM
  #171
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,516
vCash: 500
Said it earlier, but when I see Réway play, he reminds me of Tomas Tatar. Certainly rawer than Tomas was at the same age, but he's got the same shiftiness in his game and the same desire to have the puck at all times.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 03:34 PM
  #172
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovsknee View Post
geezus, he looks 14. So freaking young.
lmao

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:19 AM
  #173
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Great article (in french)

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-droit/spor...3_section_POS1

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
  #174
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
If you guys are interested.

http://www.slovakprospects.com/artic...-tim-canadiens

Tomas Kmec, SlovakProspects.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:03 PM
  #175
TychoFan
Registered User
 
TychoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 656
vCash: 216
4 points last game, he has 26 points in 18 games. Good for him!

TychoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.