HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Picking an NHL team between the Flyers and Capitals

Old
07-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Unstable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Actually, my guess would be CHI.
I would have said the same before these last playoffs. Maybe you're right insofar as the playoffs were so recent.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:09 AM

**** this. We don't have to justify ourselves and that should be justification in itself.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 07:58 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

This thread makes me laugh.

Pick the flyers hate the caps /thread

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:12 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
So the media is a joke but their is no lack of coverage and that's ok why? I care about the radio because listening to song's played back over and over and over again is mind numbing. Talk radio is a saving grace at least it can be interesting or entertaining and is different every time. And Sports is what I like to talk (breathe) about. Granted I drive more per week then most people though as well due to my job.
Sorry that you actually care about the radio. For me I never listen to radio and neither does anyone in my family or any of my close friends so I just assumed no one gave two ****s about radio. To appreciate hockey you really have to watch the games IMO and for interviews and post game analysis etc CSN has it covered. There are also some decent writers for when I'm online. My whole point was though some of the media in this town is a joke there is so much coverage that you can find plenty of good writers/hosts. Again I never listen to radio so I can't really say who's bad and who's not but from what I understand they are pretty bad overall. Maybe someone else can help you out.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
I get a huge kick out of DC's historic preservation ordinance. It only covers facades. So you can walk around in, say, Gallery Place, and all these brand new apartment buildings had victorian brick facades built into them here or there. Really fun.

I lived for two years on Capitol Hill in the basement of an old rowhouse, there are a lot of nice buildings there too. In the winter of 09-10 when it snowed stupid amounts we would play snow kickball in the intersections, and then roving packs of people would walk around digging cars out as a neighborly gesture.

There are a lot of really nice and historic buildings and homes off the main drag in many areas, not just Cleveland Park but throughout the NW, in less built up parts of Arlington (as I mentioned I jog in some of them), and along the waterfronts. Most of them are residential or hard to get to - the city really lives by the metro and newer development has followed the metro and wiped out some historic areas.

Georgetown is an entirely different beast. I love the neighborhood, I do not love the college students. But DC has definitely been good to me.
Yeah it is weird and kind of unfortunate. At the complex called 2000 Penn there is the facade of an old building converted into offices inside of the newer building. I have never gone inside but I assume it has been changed, I would like to see what the Riggs bank on Wisconsin and M used to look like. There are some cool blogs and facebook pages showing what parts of the city used to look like. If you are interested I recommend http://www.theruinedcapitol.com/ , Old Time DC (on facebook), Washingtoniana (on facebook from the DC Public Library) on facebook , and this guy's photo set https://www.flickr.com/photos/kinora...7623412752062/ .

I actually don't go to Capitol Hill very often, but a decent while ago I walked from Nats Stadium to Chinatown Metro and I enjoyed all the old houses.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:00 AM
MP92

Pick the Flyers. We're more often than not always competitive and make the playoffs. Plus this franchise has at least won the cup a couple times. I know it was 38 years ago, but it's better than what the Caps have accomplished.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Yeah it is weird and kind of unfortunate. At the complex called 2000 Penn there is the facade of an old building converted into offices inside of the newer building. I have never gone inside but I assume it has been changed, I would like to see what the Riggs bank on Wisconsin and M used to look like. There are some cool blogs and facebook pages showing what parts of the city used to look like. If you are interested I recommend http://www.theruinedcapitol.com/ , Old Time DC (on facebook), Washingtoniana (on facebook from the DC Public Library) on facebook , and this guy's photo set https://www.flickr.com/photos/kinora...7623412752062/ .

I actually don't go to Capitol Hill very often, but a decent while ago I walked from Nats Stadium to Chinatown Metro and I enjoyed all the old houses.
Thanks for the links!

2000 Penn is a mess. I interviewed with a firm in there once, did not like the building.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:30 AM
kolankosf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCXT0cWGX4

Last edited by kolankosf: 07-16-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: link didn't work
kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

vCash: 516