HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 6

View Poll Results: Rank the 6th best team in the East
Buffalo Sabres 0 0%
Florida Panthers 0 0%
Montreal Canadiens 15 18.29%
Washington Capitals 29 35.37%
Tampa Bay Lightning 0 0%
Toronto Maple Leafs 11 13.41%
Carolina Hurricanes 2 2.44%
Columbus Blue Jackets 8 9.76%
New Jersey Devils 1 1.22%
New York Islanders 7 8.54%
Philadelphia Flyers 9 10.98%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Washington shouldn't be ahead of Montreal or Columbus. They lost Ribeiro, the main componenet of their league leading PP and didn't replace him. The powerplay will likely fall back down to earth, and with it Ovechkin's goal totals which were mostly PPGs. Not to mention the fact that they played last season in the weaker Southeast, I would say they're more likely to miss the playoffs than to make it.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
I don't even think Washington makes the playoffs. Voted for Montreal.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Lerb

why are people putting CBJ ahead of other teams anyway? I get that certain teams shouldn't be ahead of CBJ BUT CBJ got to 9th with Lundqvist-esque goaltending. Do we expect Sergei Bobrovsky to repeat that performance? Do we expect the entire lineup to show up the same way they did last year? Yes, they do have Gaborik but Gaborik alone isn't going to propel them all that far.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:47 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
why are people putting CBJ ahead of other teams anyway? I get that certain teams shouldn't be ahead of CBJ BUT CBJ got to 9th with Lundqvist-esque goaltending. Do we expect Sergei Bobrovsky to repeat that performance? Do we expect the entire lineup to show up the same way they did last year? Yes, they do have Gaborik but Gaborik alone isn't going to propel them all that far.

Jacket fans prefer to say Lundqvist has displayed Bob-esque talent throughout his career.

Seriously I think it is going to be interesting seeing the Jackets in the East. I think the Eastern style of more up and down the ice with the Jackets Western lets check all over the ice style will be the deciding factor. Realistically I like our playoff chances better in the East than the West but its not going to be a slam dunk.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyH View Post
Suprised to see so many people picking the caps. I don't even see them as a playoff team. Though, if Ovechkin keeps up his second half streak I suppose a lot could happen. I'm with those saying Columbus, but Toronto should be up there too I think.
Same here. I have an extremely difficult time seeing the Caps make the playoffs now that they don't have a garbage division to inflate their numbers against.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:39 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 983
I think Washington takes a step back. Like others have mentioned, they haven't replaced Ribeiro and don't have the luxury of playing Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Winnipeg for most of the season. The last two seasons they have scraped into the playoffs and now have a much harder schedule...

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
I think Washington takes a step back. Like others have mentioned, they haven't replaced Ribeiro and don't have the luxury of playing Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Winnipeg for most of the season. The last two seasons they have scraped into the playoffs and now have a much harder schedule...
Their schedule isn't that much harder, although it is.

They may have lost Ribeiro, but they did add Erat who they'll have all year next year. Not an insignificant addition. Plus, they didn't have Ribeiro two years ago, although they did have Semin. I don't think the loss is as big as people are making it out to be.

I'm skeptical of the Caps, but not as skeptical as I am about the Leafs, Blue Jackets, Flyers, and especially the Canadiens. After 35 games, the Habs were falling fast (6-7-0). The only reason they won the division was because the season ended. They then got embarassed by the Senators in the first round in 5 games, being outscored 20-9.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 221
went with Toronto. I think their one good shutdown D and one more top nine forward away from really competing. think CBJ is getting too much credit here, if Sergei wasn't a demi god throughout all of March the BJ's would still be a laughingstock. And I bet a lot of money he doesn't repeat his performance, especially being thrown into the very high scoring Metropolitan (pukes) division.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote