HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Rivet. Someone has to bring this up...

Old
11-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Markimark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
I am not bashing, I am bringing up a reasonable concern. Fine, i will not mention it anymore I guess his play will speak for itself.
LOL....you and your ten alter ego's won't stop bashing Rivet. This is your immature little game...got all your homework done and now there's a little time before bed!
Rivet experienced a slow start and that's when guys like you come out of the woodwork. Of course you're entitled to your opinion but it's all about credibility.....Rivet's CAREER has spoken for itself.
Solid at both ends of the ice, "C" in the minors and "A" in Montreal, instrumental in winning a gold metal at the World's...not to mention he's a stand up teammate and respected for it. Do you remember the Brisebois incident...that's when Rivet earned my respect and support.
And, you still haven't anwsered my question about which one will go on the right between the two lefties, Souray and Bouillion.
As McPhee said, Rivet played a solid game last night yet you're still back here spewing your venom...grow up "Kid".

Markimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markimark View Post
LOL....you and your ten alter ego's won't stop bashing Rivet. This is your immature little game...got all your homework done and now there's a little time before bed!
Rivet experienced a slow start and that's when guys like you come out of the woodwork. Of course you're entitled to your opinion but it's all about credibility.....Rivet's CAREER has spoken for itself.
Solid at both ends of the ice, "C" in the minors and "A" in Montreal, instrumental in winning a gold metal at the World's...not to mention he's a stand up teammate and respected for it. Do you remember the Brisebois incident...that's when Rivet earned my respect and support.
And, you still haven't anwsered my question about which one will go on the right between the two lefties, Souray and Bouillion.
As McPhee said, Rivet played a solid game last night yet you're still back here spewing your venom...grow up "Kid".
Its not about playing a solid "game" on a team that is a defensive suspect once in 5 games. It is about the message that sends to the rest of the team while having the A on your sweater. Both Souray and Rivet have to go.

Komi, I think, has just realized what jokers the leaders of our D corps are this season and has bought into Carbo's line of thinking. They are good as gone and thank God.

Rivet's and Souray's career will say this: Not enough talent or drive to fill the clubs needs while expected to and saying they could.

Last edited by Demogod*: 11-01-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 02:11 AM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
Its not about playing a solid "game" on a team that is a defensive suspect once in 5 games. It is about the message that sends to the rest of the team while having the A on your sweater. Both Souray and Rivet have to go.

Rivet's and Souray's career will say this: Not enough talent or drive to fill the clubs needs while expected to and saying they could.
Come on. Whatever you've been smoking, I want some. You can argue that Rivet hasn't put up the numbers he should so far, and you could be right. You can argue that Rivet has taken some undisciplined penalties, and you're totally right. But you're taking it way too far when you say both Souray and Rivet have to go. Rivet is a solid Dman who sometimes lets his emotions make him take stupid penalties, but, he's a heart and soul player. You take him off the team and IMHO you've lost something that every team needs: Passion for the game. In tonights game he didn't take any penalties, however, Komisarek had two penalties in the third period and Higgins took one in the first. Do you want to throw them under the bus too?

What about Souray? How can anyone in their right mind, assuming you are in your right mind, say to get rid of Souray. TSN ranks him as the number one defenceman in the league and several other rankings have him in the top five and ten. When Souray takes the puck in the defensive zone, 9.5 times out of 10 he's going to clear the zone. Also, he's a great asset to have on the point on the powerplay.

Bottomline: Keep on smoking whatever it is you're smoking. When you come back down to earth, I"m sure you'll realize the error of your ways, or maybe not. To me you sound like Serge Savard who got rid of alot of the players who helped Montreal win the Stanley Cup in 1993, or the stupid coach who totally alienated the best goalie in NHL history which resulted in his trade. Get a life, get a grip, get away somewhere, take a trip, but, please don't crap on the players, especially when the team as a whole is doing so good.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote