HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread Part IV - Let's Make A Deal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2013, 04:56 PM
  #726
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
wait, we traded Gabs for 1.5 years of Brassard? If he performs Rangers gotta keep him. He played as a core piece for us last year
2.5. He is still two seasons away from UFA. If you look at it like that, its:

1.5 yrs of Gaborik

for

2.5 yrs of Brassard
1.5 yrs of Dorsett
5.5 yrs of Moore

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 05:48 PM
  #727
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
2.5. He is still two seasons away from UFA. If you look at it like that, its:

1.5 yrs of Gaborik

for

2.5 yrs of Brassard
1.5 yrs of Dorsett
5.5 yrs of Moore
I was under assumption RB meant someone will pay him next year we wont. that would be 1.5

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 06:33 PM
  #728
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I was under assumption RB meant someone will pay him next year we wont. that would be 1.5
Nobody has been offer-sheeting our RFAs. Why would that change with Brassard if it didn't with McDonagh?

Zil is online now  
Old
07-23-2013, 06:35 PM
  #729
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I was under assumption RB meant someone will pay him next year we wont. that would be 1.5
Brassard will be a group II next summer. Arbitration rights. In 2015,Brassard can be a group III if he signs a 1 year deal in 2014 or its an arbitration award. It can only be a 1 year award because Brassard is one year away from group III. The Rangers have Brassard this season and next season(14-15) at the very least if they qualify him. They can re-sign him to a long term deal next summer. There will be a market for Brassard as a group III if the Rangers don't want to pay Brassard.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 06:37 PM
  #730
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Nobody has been offer-sheeting our RFAs. Why would that change with Brassard if it didn't with McDonagh?
Offer sheet?

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 07:07 PM
  #731
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
What destroys this place is people suggesting the Rangers trade for the worst defensemen on Portland because it's a name they know.
???

He had 39 pts in 50 games for Portland. There top scoring forward had 53 pts in 70 games. PHX mgm played him for 8 games in the NHL despite being pretty stacked in terms of offensive minded Ds... PHX just resigned him for 1.75m per on a 1-way two year deal.

Have you ever seen him play?

Ola is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 07:55 PM
  #732
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,655
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Rangers aren't in a position to trade Top 9 caliber forwards for project defenseman.

Yes, Boyle is a 3rd line player who will hopefully be on the 4th line for us. Good depth. 4 good lines. Lets keep it that way.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 08:38 PM
  #733
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brassard will be a group II next summer. Arbitration rights. In 2015,Brassard can be a group III if he signs a 1 year deal in 2014 or its an arbitration award. It can only be a 1 year award because Brassard is one year away from group III. The Rangers have Brassard this season and next season(14-15) at the very least if they qualify him. They can re-sign him to a long term deal next summer. There will be a market for Brassard as a group III if the Rangers don't want to pay Brassard.
I agree with all of this, miscommunication is all, my fault

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 08:41 AM
  #734
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Two guys that still interest me that are out there:

Mason Raymond
Brendan Morrow

RGY is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
  #735
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
???

He had 39 pts in 50 games for Portland. There top scoring forward had 53 pts in 70 games. PHX mgm played him for 8 games in the NHL despite being pretty stacked in terms of offensive minded Ds... PHX just resigned him for 1.75m per on a 1-way two year deal.

Have you ever seen him play?
39 points in 50 games? Woah! Syvret must be an allstar too then, huh?

I've seen him play more than enough, live and feeds. My close friend has been an STH with the Pirates for a few years now. The guy has offensive talent but no grasp whatsoever on the North American game. He's not just soft, he's afraid of contact. Honestly the best comparison for him is MA Bergeron but he has more talent than Bergeron offensively while Bergeron believe it or not is better defensively (and I can't say that of many NHL defensemen). The kid is that bad, he will never play top-4 minutes and the current NHL doesn't allow you to take a bottom pairing dman along who can't play steady 5 on 5 without being a liability. And that's exactly what Rundblad is. Boneheaded plays, awful along the boards, shys away from contact, looks lost. I would take Gilroy over him.

t3hg00se is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  #736
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,847
vCash: 500
Dominic Moore is not listed on the Rangers NHLPA page. When the SPC is registered,the player salary is listed on the website. Moore tweeted a picture of his SPC last Thursday with the tweet "paperwork".

http://www.nhlpa.com/the-players/tea...w-york-rangers

https://twitter.com/mooredom/media/grid

2nd picture

The Rangers and Moore could be holding off on registering the SPC to leave the Rangers some cap flexibility and buy them some more time to figure out/execute their next moves.

Even with Zuccarello,the delay is weird for a player like him.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 10:08 AM
  #737
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,472
vCash: 500
This whole summer has been strange. Sign another center when we already have 4 on the roster with Richards, Stepan, Brassard and Boyle. The whole Zucc situation. The spur-of-the-moment coaching change. At least I'm soothed by the notion that Sather has his finger on the pulse of the team.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 10:14 AM
  #738
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
39 points in 50 games? Woah! Syvret must be an allstar too then, huh?

I've seen him play more than enough, live and feeds. My close friend has been an STH with the Pirates for a few years now. The guy has offensive talent but no grasp whatsoever on the North American game. He's not just soft, he's afraid of contact. Honestly the best comparison for him is MA Bergeron but he has more talent than Bergeron offensively while Bergeron believe it or not is better defensively (and I can't say that of many NHL defensemen). The kid is that bad, he will never play top-4 minutes and the current NHL doesn't allow you to take a bottom pairing dman along who can't play steady 5 on 5 without being a liability. And that's exactly what Rundblad is. Boneheaded plays, awful along the boards, shys away from contact, looks lost. I would take Gilroy over him.
If you take Gilroy over Rundblad it speaks for itself.

Syvret scored 40 pts in 76 games and is 28 y/o. Rundblad is the same age as Kreider and scored 39 in 50. More stuff that makes this place hard to spend time at to be honest.

You call Rundblad the worst D on his team, at the same time he is the franchise player for that very team not to mention obvious nr 1 D.

I am sorry about your friend, but just look at what all crazy kind of stuff people write at these places.

PHX management has been very positive about the work Rundblad is puttin in. Nobody is claiming that he is an elite defensive D. His agility going backwards won't enable him to make up for mistakes, like say Karlsson, and his positioning isn't perfect. But everyone is aware of the areas he needs to improve and he is a great hardworking kid who, as expected, and as has been reported, is doing a great job at that.

He is great on the PPQB. He needs to improve his overall game, but he is the age where Ds take huge steps.

McD played his rookie year the age Rundblad was last season. McD was very raw his rookie year.

I don't want to start a flame war, and I know you always keep things civil. But I don't like that type 100% confident declarations with zero perspective.

Rundblad could definitely become a very good PPQB in this league.


Last edited by Ola: 07-24-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Ola is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
  #739
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,219
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If you take Gilroy over Rundblad it speaks for itself.

Syvret scored 40 pts in 76 games and is 28 y/o. Rundblad is the same age as Kreider and scored 39 in 50. More stuff that makes this place hard to spend time at to be honest.

You call Rundblad the worst D on his team, at the same time he is the franchise player for that very team not to mention obvious nr 1 D.

I am sorry about your friend, but just look at what all crazy kind of stuff people write at these places.

PHX management has been very positive about the work Rundblad is puttin in. Nobody is claiming that he is an elite defensive D. His agility going backwards won't enable him to make up for mistakes, like say Karlsson, and his positioning isn't perfect. But everyone is aware of the areas he needs to improve and he is a great hardworking kid who, as expected, and as has been reported, is doing a great job at that.

He is great on the PPQB. He needs to improve his overall game, but he is the age where Ds take huge steps.

McD played his rookie year the age Rundblad was last season. McD was very raw his rookie year.

I don't want to start a flame war, and I know you always keep things civil. But I don't like that type 100% confident declarations with zero perspective.

Rundblad could definitely become a very good PPQB in this league.
If this kid had the goods to be a point producing defencenan why have two teams given up on him.

The blues traded him before they got Shattenkirk and Jay-Bo.

Ottawa aside from Karlsson was thin as tracing paper.

I trust these two Org.'s over ur assessment.

As for Phoenix current comments. They have to be positive. Any negative statements further reduces his value which is pretty loe at this point.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
  #740
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If this kid had the goods to be a point producing defencenan why have two teams given up on him.

The blues traded him before they got Shattenkirk and Jay-Bo.

Ottawa aside from Karlsson was thin as tracing paper.

I trust these two Org.'s over ur assessment.

As for Phoenix current comments. They have to be positive. Any negative statements further reduces his value which is pretty loe at this point.
Not a very balanced post IMO.

St Louis essentially traded him for Tarasenko.

When Ottawa traded him Karlsson looked like a talented but defensicely challenged D, and they also had a glaring hole at 2C. Trading Rudblad who was more of the same for Turris who filled that hole was not necessarily a reflection on Rundblad.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 11:42 AM
  #741
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,219
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Not a very balanced post IMO.

St Louis essentially traded him for Tarasenko.

When Ottawa traded him Karlsson looked like a talented but defensicely challenged D, and they also had a glaring hole at 2C. Trading Rudblad who was more of the same for Turris who filled that hole was not necessarily a reflection on Rundblad.
I get that Tarasenko was what they got with the pick, but the defence they had when they made that trade was suspect at best. Trading from a position of weakness to the ordinary person isn't logical unless you felt that that player you were moving was expendable, or not what you thought you were getting when you drafted him.

EJ hadn't developed like they were hoping and Alex hadn't played a full season at that point.

I can see the rationale behind the Sens deal. Karlsson & Cowen in the fold and Wiercioch chomping at the bit. You use the depth of position to address a shortfall else where. And at the time I'm sure Rundblad still was looked at as a very promising prospect. However, we are 3 seasons and 4 drafts since Rundblad was drafted and he's no closer to making the NHL than he was last year.

OEL, Yandle, Z. Michalek, Morris, Klesla and this year based on role, Chris Summers are all ahead of him.

Beyond this year, I would venture a guess that both Gormley and Connor Murphy surpass him as well.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 12:55 PM
  #742
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Would like to try to get Rundblad from Phoenix.
Exactly the type of offensive defender we lack
What would it take?
Boyle, prospect, 2nd?
On the main board there is a thread about how 'yotes have 9 D, etc.; looks like they are trying to move others first; the names thrown out were Miller or Hags.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
  #743
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
On the main board there is a thread about how 'yotes have 9 D, etc.; looks like they are trying to move others first; the names thrown out were Miller or Hags.
The Rangers have 8 D on one-way deals, plus John Moore. If the Coyotes are supposedly moving a D because they have 9 on one-way deals, the Rangers wouldn't be one of the teams looking to acquire a D.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 01:35 PM
  #744
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,847
vCash: 500
The Rangers need another D or two for their AHL team. McIlrath,Noreau,Allen,Hughes,Syvret and Bickel. Or Aaron Johnson will be a swing guy between the Rangers and Pack. The Rangers are carrying 8 D with their tight cap situation?

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 02:07 PM
  #745
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Rangers aren't going to be carrying 8 D any more than the Coyotes will be carrying 9. There's a fallacy to that logic in the first place. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers picked up another minor league D, or potentially even the Pack signing someone to an AHL deal.

There have been times recently where the Rangers did carry 8 healthy defensemen, but they usually had names like Woywitka or Gilroy. Their defensive depth is better right now than it's been in years, with 6 defensemen legitimately deserving everyday playing time, plus Falk, who can play everyday as needed as well. You only need 7 and a couple of depth D for callups in this situation.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 02:11 PM
  #746
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,312
vCash: 500
Did I miss Eminger signing somewhere?

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
07-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #747
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Eminger is still out there. No room on the Rangers though, cap-wise. At least, not until Stepan gets signed and Zuccarello gets his arb award.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 02:16 PM
  #748
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Eminger is still out there. No room on the Rangers though, cap-wise. At least, not until Stepan gets signed and Zuccarello gets his arb award.
I'd take him back once those 2 get signed. Can never have enough NHL caliber defense. Falk and Eminger would be great.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
07-24-2013, 02:34 PM
  #749
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If this kid had the goods to be a point producing defencenan why have two teams given up on him.

The blues traded him before they got Shattenkirk and Jay-Bo.

Ottawa aside from Karlsson was thin as tracing paper.

I trust these two Org.'s over ur assessment.

As for Phoenix current comments. They have to be positive. Any negative statements further reduces his value which is pretty loe at this point.
I am not sure if you are joking and apologize if you do.

Kyle Turris was holding out on PHX and was still very highly regarded when Ott gave up Rundblad to get him.

Stl traded up to take a Tarasenko that somehow still was available. STL had Tarasenko extremely high in that draft.

How is those trades "givin up" on him?

I don't know the state of Shattenkirk in STL, but Erik Karlsson was extremely hyped when Rundblad was traded. Just search these boards. I am on the phone but I can come back and post links.

Ola is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 03:09 PM
  #750
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
On the main board there is a thread about how 'yotes have 9 D, etc.; looks like they are trying to move others first; the names thrown out were Miller or Hags.
unless were trying to become the total opposite of the flyers (all D, marginal O), why would we move either

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.