HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're all in, for BGM

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Good work Afino!

Speaking of jobs, I got an interview with Tops on Monday. Hooray for low wage job earnings for college!

Also, any closer to the house selling actually taking place Chain?
Things are in motion -- optimistic at this point. The potential buyer is coming over for a second walk-through. According to her realtor, she's glacial-drift slow at everything, so it's just a matter of being patient.

In other news, filling out the kids' passport applications on lunch today.

07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Congratulations!

Wanna buy a house?
Quote:
Things are in motion -- optimistic at this point. The potential buyer is coming over for a second walk-through. According to her realtor, she's glacial-drift slow at everything, so it's just a matter of being patient.

Congrats Afino!!!!

Congrats Chain hope it pans out.

At Myrtle beach airport for 1:50 direct flight to niagara falls airport.
Stewie has his passport; we'll walk across to Canada on Friday.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:

I see things are progressing, so getting them excited about CR?

Old
07-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I see things are progressing, so getting them excited about CR?
Took out some books on CR at their level a few weeks ago -- both are very interested in the prospects of the wildlife and waterfalls.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Took out some books on CR at their level a few weeks ago -- both are very interested in the prospects of the wildlife and waterfalls.
There's definitely a plethora a wildlife there though the most interesting in my experience has been what's found in Gringo Gulch.

I'm thinking about dusting off my passport and heading out for a few weeks to celebrate my birthday...gives me enough time to hit the 1st Tuesday of the month auction, start the renovations and then go have fun.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Potentially NSFW.

Old
07-24-2013, 03:03 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Old
07-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I saw that earlier. Gotta love the Vette's.

Old
07-24-2013, 04:38 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Started playing inline hockey again due to a one year hiatus because of moving and switching jobs. Forgot what it was like to play competitive games.

Last year's team in NY was 1-17 and got outscored something like 320-80. I managed 30+ goals and 50+ points, but we were rarely in games. Plus we were often short stubs so I played 40ish minutes a night in 45 minute games.

Ended up playing defense for my first game on monday, a position I haven't really played much. Kind of interesting how spending a year following advanced stats altered some of my game. Just concentrated on staying in front of the opposing forwards and getting the puck quickly and safely out of the zone. It seemed pretty effective as we won 5-3.

Old
07-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Tanks4daMemories
good 2b a tankster

vCash: 50
They Just added the Hip to the Flogging Molly show next week. Although it's great to see another great band, I actually like Flogging Molly better than the Hip and wonder how this will change the vibe of the show.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:12 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Started playing inline hockey again due to a one year hiatus because of moving and switching jobs. Forgot what it was like to play competitive games.

Last year's team in NY was 1-17 and got outscored something like 320-80. I managed 30+ goals and 50+ points, but we were rarely in games. Plus we were often short stubs so I played 40ish minutes a night in 45 minute games.

Ended up playing defense for my first game on monday, a position I haven't really played much. Kind of interesting how spending a year following advanced stats altered some of my game. Just concentrated on staying in front of the opposing forwards and getting the puck quickly and safely out of the zone. It seemed pretty effective as we won 5-3.
Very cool!

My summer league team is 2-0 with a +14 GD.

And I haven't let a goal in yet. But that's more about the team in front of me.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:36 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Playing floor hockey in NJ this month. So far 12-5-1 with 2 more games to go. I have 11 goals and 17 assists. Feels good man!

Anyone have epic league stories?

Old
07-24-2013, 06:39 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Playing floor hockey in NJ this month. So far 12-5-1 with 2 more games to go. I have 11 goals and 17 assists. Feels good man!

My best one ever was when there was a scrum after a whistle around the net. The door to the rink opens and a young lady walks towards the scrum swinging a goalie stick.

She ends up on her back on the ice after the ref tried to pull her off the pile. Then she proceeded to kick the ref in the package.

Her and her boyfriend have been banned for life from that rink.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Potentially NSFW.
That was incredibly satisfying.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I saw that earlier. Gotta love the Vette's.
I have a strange, but intense dislike for Corvettes.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:04 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
My best one ever was when there was a scrum after a whistle around the net. The door to the rink opens and a young lady walks towards the scrum swinging a goalie stick.

She ends up on her back on the ice after the ref tried to pull her off the pile. Then she proceeded to kick the ref in the package.

Her and her boyfriend have been banned for life from that rink.

Wow. I would probably be pretty mad if that happened. But then would laugh at the package thing. My best was when I stole the puck out from a corner battle and scored, the defenseman took his stick and threw it over the boards, over the street and onto the beach. We play in an outside floor hockey rink. It was pretty funny.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Kruschiki

spotify has the entire pink floyd discography.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:15 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post

Advanced inline hockey stats? Really? What was your Qualcomp? Corsi?

Old
07-24-2013, 07:24 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Landon Donovan. Legit Baller.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:24 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Advanced inline hockey stats? Really? What was your Qualcomp? Corsi?
I will diplomatically refuse to answer those I played 90% of the team's total minutes probably though, so whatever the average Qualcomp ends up being?

But previously I used to play a very fast, aggressive, net/counter attacking game and now I'm thinking more about finding passing opportunities and retaining puck control than just getting a shot on net ASAP.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:32 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

My best story is this old league I used to play in at the YMCA where they used soccer goals instead of hockey nets. I was in goal and I swear to you I made a scintillating glove save!

Old
07-24-2013, 07:37 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Quote:

There was a brawl in the B-league championship game in the Syracuse Inline league a few years back, mostly a case of a couple guys not liking each other and one team having a monopoly on the league's jerks. I think only one guy got banned.

I chipped a tooth least year in an inline game. There was incidental contact in one of the corners between myself and at least two other players, guy ended up landing on my head and driving it into the tile. Didn't hurt, but cost a bit to repair.

My team last year in inline was 1-17, but the only B-league team to not get shut out. (Pats self on back.)

Couple of the guys in the inline league had played pro inline hockey briefly. Was fun playing in pick-up games with and against those guys. Hardest shot in the league was 97 mph. Ouch.

Ended up playing ice last season with a goalie that played some pretty high level junior hockey in Nova Scotia, probably AHL caliber talent. In our first game of the season we didn't register a shot on goal until 6 mins left in the third and he said he estimated he saw 80 shots and we only lost 6-0. We ended up with an okay record despite being terrible because this guy kept us in every single game. He was crazy, he was always in the right spot, he was super quick, his instincts were fantastic and he could skate and puckhandle better than any of the forwards in the league.

In my first ice game I took a slapshot square to the junk that ended up cracking the cup. I thought I was bleeding, thankfully no major injury, protection did its job.

I played pick-up floor hockey at the Y in cicero for a while, those games were rough, guys were not careful with their sticks and was incredibly chippy at times.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Old Navy Goat

The only really humorous thing that happened to me playing inline was I took a slapshot off the rail of my skate. Didn't think anything of it until I tried to skate and did a header; the guy's shot was so hard it bent the rail into my front wheel so it wouldn't turn.

I can attest that I've been in my fair share of scrums in adult leagues, both in the non-checking and checking variety.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
oldgoalie
Things looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I have a strange, but intense dislike for Corvettes.
Really? You don't like the new Stingray?
It's like I don't know this Clock person.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:21 PM
oldgoalie
Things looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
That was awesome.

Closed Thread