HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon Gagne- Update 10/15/14: Signs 1 year deal with the Bruins.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
And he can add even more space by putting Brayden in a Phantoms uniform for the first game of the season.
Is he still waiver exempt?

07-22-2013, 02:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
That's a good layout for the upcoming season. If they choose not to go with Gagne, what are Raffl & Laughton's hits? 900k?
Laughton is 0.93m.
Raffl is 0.79m.
Straka is 0.93m.
Flanagan is 0.93m.
McGinn is 0.78m.
Cousins is 0.90m.
Akeson is 0.90m.
Noebels is 0.75m.

That covers pretty much everyone with even a remotely outside shot at the job right? Yep.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:20 PM
JoeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Oops. I forgot that we get charged 0.10m for Bartulis and 0.18m for bonuses.

So...

CAP CHARGE: 64.77
CAP CEILING: 64.30
CAP SPACE: -00.47
MINUS MESZAROS: +03.53
ADD GAGNE: +01.03
LTIR PRONGER: +05.95
You probably have to carry Wellwoods contract (presuming he signs it?) as I'm not sure if he can be assigned to the Phantoms if he's injured (though that's where the injury happened)...

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:57 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Pretty surprised Gags hsan't been re-signed by the Flyers (or anyone else). I wonder if he is in a "Philly or retire" type of situtation, or there just really isn't any interest. I would find it hard to believe that no one else is interested in him.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Pretty surprised Gags hsan't been re-signed by the Flyers (or anyone else). I wonder if he is in a "Philly or retire" type of situtation, or there just really isn't any interest. I would find it hard to believe that no one else is interested in him.
Judging by some of the guys who are being signed, a decent number of which I think Gagne is better than, I don't think there is no interest. I think he's waiting for the right fit. Maybe he has a deal in place with the Flyers behind closed doors and is waiting for the LTIR.

07-24-2013, 04:27 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

mistake if he is signed.....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:53 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
mistake if he is signed.....
I'm failing to see how it would be a mistake. While I wouldn't mind if they went with McGinn or Laughton, Gagne is the better option now, in my opiinion.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevD10 View Post
I'm failing to see how it would be a mistake. While I wouldn't mind if they went with McGinn or Laughton, Gagne is the better option now, in my opiinion.
Isn't it telling that no team has signed Gagne yet? Many Flyers fans see Gagne through rose colored glasses. The rest of the league see's him for what he is. And yes, I think Laughton or Mcginn would bring more to the team.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Isn't it telling that no team has signed Gagne yet? Many Flyers fans see Gagne through rose colored glasses. The rest of the league see's him for what he is. And yes, I think Laughton or Mcginn would bring more to the team.
not really. A lot of people think he's already agreed to a contract in principle and is just waiting for Philly to make cap space

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 07:10 PM
SuchySays

Quote:

lol. the deal is for sure agreed upon and Gagne isn't looking.

McGinn and his stone hands would really be better than Gagne's. i'm sure.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Gagne still looked good when we had him last year

I'd be happy to resign him for cheap after we LTIR Pronger

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 08:23 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I think it could be telling, but that would be surprising. It was reported that there was a deal in place or something earlier in the offseason. Also he looked good when he was playing here last year, so unless there is something else we don't know about, it really would be surprising if no one was interested. The only thing I can think of if there is no Flyers deal impending is that Gagne doesn't want to play anywhere else (or only other limited places that may not have the room for him). I think it is more likely like I mentioned earlier...Philly or bust.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
lol. the deal is for sure agreed upon and Gagne isn't looking.

McGinn and his stone hands would really be better than Gagne's. i'm sure.
Gagne's "soft hands" have gotten real stoney also. It was actually painful watching him on Giroux's line. Roux set him up a ton of times and Gagne showed he couldnt finish like he used to. Also looks like he lost that gear he had a few years ago.

Overall, I agree with Stizzle. Alot of people here, easily, still are thinking they are getting the "old" Gagne. Every aspect of his game has slowed sadly. Wouldnt be opposed to letting a rook fight for the spot. Dont think there would be a downgrade at all really.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:18 PM
bauer

Gagne is crap now. wish some fans would stop living in the past.

signing Gagne would mean less icetime for the kids to develop. what if Laughton or Cousins have an incredible camp? we're gonna keep them buried in the minors so we can play a washed up Gagne? let Cousins or Laughton fight for that last 3rd line spot.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 11:48 PM
YuioIklo

You guys are out of your minds... Gagne obviously isn't as good as he used to be, we all know it. Still, he has shown that he can still play pretty well in the NHL last year. He's very responsible defensively and offensively. He's definitely better than the kids, unless they show a very huge improvement. The fact that Gagne hasn't been signed elsewhere only means that he's probably waiting for the Flyers to sign him, cause he's def worth a shot on many teams.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
You guys are out of your minds... Gagne obviously isn't as good as he used to be, we all know it. Still, he has shown that he can still play pretty well in the NHL last year. He's very responsible defensively and offensively. He's definitely better than the kids, unless they show a very huge improvement. The fact that Gagne hasn't been signed elsewhere only means that he's probably waiting for the Flyers to sign him, cause he's def worth a shot on many teams.
Couldn't agree more.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Gagne was not "crap" last season. I really don't know what some of you guys were watching last year, either you expected too much from him or weren't paying attention. It won't make or break the team if he's not signed, but it definitely wouldn't be a bad thing if he was.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:51 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Gagne's "soft hands" have gotten real stoney also. It was actually painful watching him on Giroux's line. Roux set him up a ton of times and Gagne showed he couldnt finish like he used to. Also looks like he lost that gear he had a few years ago.

Overall, I agree with Stizzle. Alot of people here, easily, still are thinking they are getting the "old" Gagne. Every aspect of his game has slowed sadly. Wouldnt be opposed to letting a rook fight for the spot. Dont think there would be a downgrade at all really.
The guy sucked playing on a line with G & Jake, that was the nail in the coffin for me.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 05:02 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The guy sucked playing on a line with G & Jake, that was the nail in the coffin for me.
Maybe the people saying he sucked were the ones expecting 23 year old Gagne?

He looked OK in my eyes and has Hockey Smarts that the kids don't have. I would love him back on a cheap one year deal.

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:18 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevD10 View Post
Couldn't agree more.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Gagne was not "crap" last season. I really don't know what some of you guys were watching last year, either you expected too much from him or weren't paying attention. It won't make or break the team if he's not signed, but it definitely wouldn't be a bad thing if he was.
I think people talking about him being "crap" are referring to the time he spent in LA last year. Because other than that he hasn't looked like crap. He put up good numbers in Tampa and respectable numbers his first year in LA all while battliing injuries. He didn't look good in LA in the beginning last season. Once he got to Philly he looked as good as people are saying. The people who don't want Gagne are acting like the people who do want think he is going to score 50 goals.

Old
07-25-2013, 08:22 AM
RinaldoZac

Wait till after Pronger is LTIR'd and try to sign him to a cheap, 1 year deal if hes avaliable

RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Cardds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJesus View Post
Wait till after Pronger is LTIR'd and try to sign him to a cheap, 1 year deal if hes avaliable
Gagne will be retired by then.

Cardds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:46 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardds View Post
Gagne will be retired by then.
So Gagne is retiring within the next 2 months?

Old
07-25-2013, 09:17 AM
briererocks

I think Gagne will be signed very soon.

The Flyers will put Meszaros on waivers and he will clear. There is basically no team williing to take on his salary and cap hit now. The Flyers can then sign Gagne. Meszaros will rejoin the team after the Pronger is put on LTIR, after the first game.

briererocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by briererocks View Post

The Flyers will put Meszaros on waivers and he will clear. There is basically no team williing to take on his salary and cap hit now. The Flyers can then sign Gagne. Meszaros will rejoin the team after the Pronger is put on LTIR, after the first game.
There are a bunch of teams with like 10-15M in space.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 09:33 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by briererocks View Post

no. just get rid of Mez completely