HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
I think Bernardello will play as many games as he physically can. Then a kind of rotation between Bernier, Arnaud and Felipe.

If we're playing a final game, I think Felipe sits.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:47 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelloMello View Post
Other than perhaps Altidore, there's not one American out there worthy of DP and please don't say Donovan, Bradley, Dempsey and cie...they are still not worthy IMO.
They are all worthy players ....

Old
07-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelloMello View Post
Other than perhaps Altidore, there's not one American out there worthy of DP and please don't say Donovan, Bradley, Dempsey and cie...they are still not worthy IMO.
Bradley and Donovan are significantly better players than Altidore.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Reports are saying that Arnaud not looking good for next year, and that Bernie is definitely not playing this saturday.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Patrice Bernier is a heck of a player, but he's selfish. When everything was rolling well, he was still passively aggressively complaining about his CDM role publicly.

I hope Bernardello does well so Bernier can finally shut his mouth and start playing.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Nello, you're out to lunch. Bradley is incredible.

I'd like a shot at 433:

When defending, Dello moves to the left and Bernier drops back.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:25 PM
gelu88

Will Warner ever play again?

Old
07-24-2013, 01:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Will Warner ever play again?
Injuries will happen. Bernier and Arnaud are old. We will need rotation. That's where Nyassi, Wenger, Smith and Warner come in.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:58 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
Patrice Bernier is a heck of a player, but he's selfish. When everything was rolling well, he was still passively aggressively complaining about his CDM role publicly.

I hope Bernardello does well so Bernier can finally shut his mouth and start playing.
Thats why I dont like him, Bernier is a b!tch, no wonder he never played at a high level.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:15 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Nello, you're out to lunch. Bradley is incredible.

I'd like a shot at 433:

When defending, Dello moves to the left and Bernier drops back.
Paponi as a winger wouldn't be effective

Old
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
Thats why I dont like him, Bernier is a b!tch, no wonder he never played at a high level.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Paponi as a winger wouldn't be effective
I think when gaining possession in their third. Paponi can drift towards the middle and Felipe moves up as well. This formation is all about dynamics and allows the offensive players to find room and still cover the pitch defensively. We just need a faster and better CB than Nesta (never in my life thought I'd say that).

Old
07-24-2013, 02:49 PM
JunglePete

NDS must be out of his mind comparing Bernardello to Gattuso.

Thats like comparing Bernier to Xavi

Old
07-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
NDS must be out of his mind comparing Bernardello to Gattuso.

Thats like comparing Bernier to Xavi
Or maybe Bernardello is better than you think? There's no Tyson Wahl's in La Liga...

Old
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Or maybe Bernardello is better than you think? There's no Tyson Wahl's in La Liga...
If he was any good he wouldnt come to MLS at that age in the first place. Now Im not saying he is bad, but you cant compare this nobody to Bulldog Rino

Old
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Zilo44

NDS is only comparing their style I think he fully knows that Bernardello is no Gattuso... It's like people saying Avtsin played a similar game as Ovechkin. No one actually believed Avtsin would end up being as good as the tsar

Old
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilo44 View Post
NDS is only comparing their style I think he fully knows that Bernardello is no Gattuso... It's like people saying Avtsin played a similar game as Ovechkin. No one actually believed Avtsin would end up being as good as the tsar
So you saying that Bernardello will flop?

Old
07-24-2013, 04:56 PM
NeverGoingToWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Bradley and Donovan are significantly better players than Altidore.
Completely not true. Do you follow the Dutch league? He scored a lot of really nice goals the last two years.

I did not notice you had Bradley first. He is significantly better but that is because he is a fantastic player.

Old
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM
gelu88

Quote:
If he was any good he wouldn't come to MLS at that age in the first place. Now Im not saying he is bad, but you cant compare this nobody to Bulldog Rino
Not saying you are wrong, but that line of thinking seems less and less credible every year.

I read somewhere that Bernardello left Almerķa because they literally could not sign his cheque.

Despite the allure of "Europe" the financial issues with many clubs are very bad, plus many play in decrepit Stadia with sub par facilities.

I expect more and more talented players in their 20's will chose MLS as word travels of what we have to offer(on average): Top of the line facilities and personnel, quality stadia, engaged supporters, great cities and most importantly a reliable paycheck

Quote:
Remember, DP does not mean they are necessarily a great player or a difference maker. It just means their salary is over $368k. Plenty of Americans are worth that much. Is a player worth $400k the same as $4 million? Obviously not, which is to say being a DP is pretty meaningless on a global level.

Last edited by gelu88: 07-24-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old
07-24-2013, 05:07 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
So you saying that Bernardello will flop?
No he's saying he'll lose his sight

Old
07-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Captain Saku

I just watched 30 minutes from the video. He's definitely a player. He's exactly what we need and without a doubt already our best midfielder.

He's very good with the ball, surprised with his dribbling skills and definitely has very good vision and can make nice passes. From the description we got I thought he'd be a bit harder on the opposition but can definitely tackle. I noticed though that he tends to complicate things sometimes but with the Argentinian league being much better and a lot faster than MLS this might not be an issue here. And although he's the one taking free kicks and corners he didn't really impress me in that aspect.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Et le But

A Bernardello, Felipe, Bernier midfield should be very good at keeping possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGoingToWin View Post
Completely not true. Do you follow the Dutch league? He scored a lot of really nice goals the last two years.

I did not notice you had Bradley first. He is significantly better but that is because he is a fantastic player.
The Dutch league is a goalfest. Altidore is talented but his skill level still hasn't caught up with his physical ability, and he's not the most tactical player around. He's certainly improved from a few years ago where he looked completely clueless in the Spanish second division. I think he will be good in the EPL though.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:01 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGoingToWin View Post

Dutch League is WEAK
Remember Suarez how many goals he scored with AJax? Dutch top scorers GO NOWHERE except him and Huntelaar
the Swedish kid John Guidetti? He scored 20 goals in 23 games he was like 19 and now he cant even make the bench at Man City. Dempsey proved himself he is an accomplished scorer with Fulham now he is one of the top scorer of Tottenham. Bradley was a regular CM in 3 Different European Leagues and now plays with Roma alongside De Rossi. Altidore couldnt even score in some Turkish club IIRC. He doesnt suck but now he is back on track scoring 4 goals in 4 games (with US) I think. So There are plentyyy of options for American DPs.

And We Know DPs doesnt necessarily mean great player but usually the highest earning is the highest paid for a reason so Ithink we understand each other when we are saying he is DP worthy

Old
07-24-2013, 08:07 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Not saying you are wrong, but that line of thinking seems less and less credible every year.

I read somewhere that Bernardello left Almerķa because they literally could not sign his cheque.
Yea I realized that, when Saborio or whatever his name stayed in RSL when he clearly had the opportunity to be a good Europa League scorer or that Juninho kid. Quality is really progressing

Hopefully that teaches some North American kid to not go to European Leagues until reached full potential
anyway most of them come back and become benchwarmers around the league

Old
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
DanltQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post

Closed Thread