HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Byfuglien, Bogosian, Wheeler

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2013, 04:38 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Byfuglien, Bogosian, Wheeler

I know a package deal for these three players would be highly unlikely but I am wondering what it would take to get all three of these guys?

Note that I am most interested in actual value and less interested in how realistic the trade would be or in terms of positional need.

How would something like Horton, Yandle and Boychuk work in terms of value disregarding the fact they obviously play for different teams?

Thanks for all input.

Old
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 50
If you want similar value of the three players from other teams guys, I'd say Ryan McDonagh for Bogosian, Dustin Brown for Wheeler and Buff can be anywhere from a Carlson to a Kulikov.

Old
07-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Icebreakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
If you want similar value of the three players from other teams guys, I'd say Ryan McDonagh for Bogosian, Dustin Brown for Wheeler and Buff can be anywhere from a Carlson to a Kulikov.
The only one i agree with is Brown and Wheeler lol. Mcdonagh is like the second best american dman.

Old
07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebreakers View Post
The only one i agree with is Brown and Wheeler lol. Mcdonagh is like the second best american dman.
McDonaugh is an awesome defenseman but I think Bogosian is pretty close to McDonaugh based on my limited viewings of Bogosian. This coming from a Rangers fan. Mcdonaugh is also a year older.

Old
07-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
I laughed to myself reading that last one, but what do i know (not much)

Old
07-24-2013, 05:33 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Phaneuf, lupul, liles

Maybe a bit off

Old
07-24-2013, 05:44 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
I know a package deal for these three players would be highly unlikely but I am wondering what it would take to get all three of these guys?

Note that I am most interested in actual value and less interested in how realistic the trade would be or in terms of positional need.

How would something like Horton, Yandle and Boychuk work in terms of value disregarding the fact they obviously play for different teams?

Thanks for all input.
I don't think the value is close on that. Yandle is the most valuable of those pieces. A re-signed Wheeler is about equal value. Bogosian is worth more, Byfuglien less. Horton is a good top 6 winger but all of the Jets players are are more valuable than him at this time. Boychuk isn't in the same category as either the Jets' players or the other two being offered.

Bogosian's value is an established young center or defencemen with legit #1 (although not franchise) potential.

Wheeler's value is probably like a mid-career top line forward with a high likelihood of hitting 60 points or a good top pairing defenceman.

Byfuglien's is nearly impossible to establish. On one hand he's one of the best offensive defencemen in the league and averages 24+ minutes a night. On the other he has conditioning and decision making issues. It's not really worth discussing his value on HF because the thread turns to crap pretty fast.

Old
07-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Phaneuf, lupul, liles

Maybe a bit off
Buff > Phaneuf
Lupul > Wheeler if you take out indjuries
Bogosian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liles

You're off about about 50 >

Old
07-24-2013, 05:57 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
McDonaugh is an awesome defenseman but I think Bogosian is pretty close to McDonaugh based on my limited viewings of Bogosian. This coming from a Rangers fan. Mcdonaugh is also a year older.
My opinion is similar. McDonagh's definitely a bit better defenceman now, but 2 or 3 years from now it is hard to say who will be ahead.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Buff > Phaneuf
Bogosian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liles

um im pretty sure you read that wrong, he was saying bogo wheeler buff, but I already know from past experience that you specifically overvalue jets players, buff is not worth more then dion............

Old
07-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyg View Post
um im pretty sure you read that wrong, he was saying bogo wheeler buff, but I already know from past experience that you specifically overvalue jets players, buff is not worth more then dion............
Correct.

Because he's a fat 300 pounder who has a bad attitute, trolololol.

Am I doing this right?

Old
07-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesaurus View Post
Correct.

Because he's a fat 300 pounder who has a bad attitute, trolololol.

Am I doing this right?
Correct.

Whatever I really dont care how badly you guys overvalue your players anymore, you would honestly think that jets fans think they have the best d core in the league with some of these evaluations.... whatever, keep blaming pav's im cool with that too

Old
07-24-2013, 06:49 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:

Talk about overrating...

Old
07-24-2013, 06:58 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Byfuglien's is nearly impossible to establish. On one hand he's one of the best offensive defencemen in the league and averages 24+ minutes a night. On the other he has conditioning and decision making issues. It's not really worth discussing his value on HF because the thread turns to crap pretty fast.
Haha, good point. In the risk of inviting gifs of Buff eating things what do you think is his value?

Old
07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post

Talk about overrating...
What do you think is fair value? As I said I haven't seen much of the Jets but I thought it sounded like pretty fair value though Brown probably had a bit more value than Wheeler, though I felt he may have underrated Buff a bit depending upon how you value Kulikov.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:03 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Eberle, Petry and Klefbom for the 3?

Old
07-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Correct.

Whatever I really dont care how badly you guys overvalue your players anymore, you would honestly think that jets fans think they have the best d core in the league with some of these evaluations.... whatever, keep blaming pav's im cool with that too
Pretty ironic that a Leafs fans complaining about other fan bases overvaluing players. I'm sorry but if someone actually think Byfuglien and Liles have similar value, I just don't know what to say.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!
Old
07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Pretty ironic that a Leafs fans complaining about other fan bases overvaluing players. I'm sorry but if someone actually think Byfuglien and Liles have similar value, I just don't know what to say.
im not talking about liles, Ive had these people tell me that they would "CONSIDER" trading buff for nothing less of franson reilly and a 1st in the other 30 page thread a couple weeks ago. Havent you noticed in every winnipeg thread, they claim the player is "untouchable" or make some crazy evaluation on them? I certainly have.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
im not talking about liles, Ive had these people tell me that they would "CONSIDER" trading buff for nothing less of franson reilly and a 1st in the other 30 page thread a couple weeks ago. Havent you noticed in every winnipeg thread, they claim the player is "untouchable" or make some crazy evaluation on them? I certainly have.
To be completely honest I'd don't pay much attention to Winnipeg threads, but it's normal for teams with big fan bases to overvalue players. Leafs fans overrate player, Habs fans overrate player, Canucks fans(Including myself) overrate players. Can't just throw Jets fans under the bus for that.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:21 PM
JVRIELLYKADRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Buff > Phaneuf

Phaneuf is better AINEC, unless you prefer 300 lb dmen who don't play a lick of defence. Also lol at Bogosian being so much better than Liles, but Lupul is only > Wheeler.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:25 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
I was talking about a 3 for 3 deal

Old
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post

Talk about overrating...
Talk about adding nothing to the discussion...

Who would you have as similar value for those three?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebreakers View Post
We're talking value though, not necessarily comparables. Jets fans hold Bogosian in the same esteem as that I'm sure Rangers fans hold McDonagh.

I don't think they're all that far off. McDonagh is a stud and probably the better dman as of right now, but they're pretty similar. Both log hard minutes, both have almost identical even-strength production, McDonagh is probably slightly better in the possession game and in his own end, but Bogo has better ability on the PP.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-24-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I was talking about a 3 for 3 deal
Wow, that's even worse.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:32 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Wow, that's even worse.
Whatever man.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Correct.

Jets fans are prone to overvaluing their players, as I'm sure most fanbases are. Is an alternate explanation maybe that other fanbases don't follow them? They're not exactly a relevant team yet.

Quote:
Phaneuf, lupul, liles

Maybe a bit off
Yeah, I'd say. Who is Liles similar in value to from those three Jets players?

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 07-24-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Closed Thread