HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Byfuglien, Bogosian, Wheeler

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
To be completely honest I'd don't pay much attention to Winnipeg threads, but it's normal for teams with big fan bases to overvalue players. Leafs fans overrate player, Habs fans overrate player, Canucks fans(Including myself) overrate players. Can't just throw Jets fans under the bus for that.
buff costing franson reilly and a 1st (thats higher value then the kessel trade) is probably the worst one ive ever read, I get that people have prejudice views towards their teams, but the jets are definitely a standout in my opinion

Old
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Jets fans are prone to overvaluing their players, as I'm sure most fanbases are. Is maybe an alternate explanation that other fanbases don't really follow them? They're not exactly a relevant team yet.

Yeah, I'd say. Who is Liles similar in value from those three Jets players?
couldnt agree more. Liles is only worth a 3rd right now, idk what that guy is talking about, but the jets fans particularly overvalue their d men historically

Old
07-24-2013, 08:45 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyg View Post
buff costing franson reilly and a 1st (thats higher value then the kessel trade) is probably the worst one ive ever read, I get that people have prejudice views towards their teams, but the jets are definitely a standout in my opinion
Care to post a link the Jets fan that posted that proposal? Cause as I remember it we were discussing Franson and a first, you seemed to have added the Rielly part yourself.

Ps his name is Rielly

Old
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Care to post a link the Jets fan that posted that proposal? Cause as I remember it we were discussing Franson and a first, you seemed to have added the Rielly part yourself.

Ps his name is Rielly
whatever, I just call him morgan, it wasnt Seanahue, it was his other partner in crime that laughed at franson + a 1st and said it would take an additional top end prospect for the deal to go through, ill find it for you.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

actually I was wrong, Seanahue said he was worth MORE, but theres a better one out there 10) hes not worth franson and a 1st. :You're correct. He's worth more" http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1469391&page=7

ill find the good one hold on

Franson + Kulemin + 1st + 5th
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1469391&page=4

then after that some1 said even that wasnt enough and we needed the top end prospect, but idk they might of edited it or something
they also say he is the 3rd best offensive dman in the league behind EK and letang LOL, but yeah they dont overvalue.

Last edited by Mikeyg: 07-24-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Phaneuf and Buff are comparable

Wheeler and Dubinsky are comparable

Bogosian and Larsson are comparable

These are value wise not play style wise.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Franson + Kulemin + 1st + 5th
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1469391&page=4

then after that some1 said even that wasnt enough and we needed the top end prospect, but idk they might of edited it or something
they also say he is the 3rd best offensive dman in the league behind EK and letang LOL, but yeah they dont overvalue.

I see you omitted the first sentence of that post, probably because it rips your theory to shreds.

Psst: He's a Canucks fan. And he's being sarcastic.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:

I see you omitted the first sentence of that post, probably because it rips your theory to shreds.

Psst: He's a Canucks fan. And he's being sarcastic.
psst: I realize that, PSSSST: a jets fan commented and said it wasnt enough, why would it matter who proposed it

Old
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
psst: I realize that, PSSSST: a jets fan commented and said it wasnt enough, why would it matter who proposed it
What are you talking about? I don't see a single response to that post, probably because everyone realized it was in jest.

You see to be confusing people who recognize Byfuglien as a valuable member of the Jets and don't buy the ridiculous narrative that he's a fat, lazy detriment to the team as "overrating their own players".

Old
07-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
What are you talking about? I don't see a single response to that post, probably because everyone realized it was in jest.

You see to be confusing people who recognize Byfuglien as a valuable member of the Jets and don't buy the ridiculous narrative that he's a fat, lazy detriment to the team as "overrating their own players".
it was edited or deleted but it was there. How is asking for the moon not overrating your players? I linked posts where people specifically said he was top 3 in the league? come on now if thats not over rating I dont know what is

Old
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Phaneuf and Buff are comparable.

Wheeler and Lupul are comparable.

Comparing Liles with Bogosian?

Oh, Toronto fans, claiming other fan-bases overrate their players while posting utter garbage like that is why I often avoid this forum entirely (not just Leafs threads).

Old
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I've been wondering about the true status of the relationship between the Habs' current management and PK Subban for a while and I don't know that if the right offer came about, if they wouldn't at least consider trading him... I know, it's crazy talk, but it's just something out of left field and would likely never happen.

I was also thinking that Blake Wheeler and Tomas Plekanec are somewhat similar in value.

No interest in Byfuglien only because he doesn't seem to take his training and career seriously enough to get in shape and stay in shape and I'm concerned that one day, it will catch up to him and he won't be able to shed the pounds anymore.

But I have plenty of interest for Bogosian, who I've always liked, and Wheeler, who would add some much needed size up front on a team in desperate need of it.

So, would something along the line of Plekanec and Subban be worked out where Bogosian and Wheeler are the main pieces coming back Montreal's way? I'm thinking that since Subban is better than Bogosian, something else could be added by Winnipeg here, but I don't know who or what.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Van

vCash: 883
Quote:
Because the whole time you've been whining about jets fans and them overvaluing their players so it matters that it was from a Canucks fan. Anyways you should just stop all this banter you're only making yourself and leafs fans look bad.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:54 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
it was edited or deleted but it was there. How is asking for the moon not overrating your players? I linked posts where people specifically said he was top 3 in the league? come on now if thats not over rating I dont know what is
Someone said he was a top player in the league? Oh wait, they said he was a top 3 offensive defencemen. Why do you always exaggerate people's comments?

And yeah since Byfuglien has played only Karlsson has more points amongst defencemen and only Weber has more goals. To say Byfuglien is not a top ~5 offensive defencemen in the league is pretty ridiculous.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
deckercky

Yeah, Byfuglien is definitely a top 3 offensive defenseman. He doesn't have a well rounded game, but he drives offence as much as pretty much anyone. I think a strong argument could be made that he's a better offensive defenceman than Letang.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Top 3 in terms of offensive production among dmen?

Since 2010-11:
Karlsson: 0.78 PPG
Letang: 0.77 PPG
Byfuglien: 0.71 PPG
Yandle: 0.62 PPG
Weber: 0.61 PPG
Subban: 0.56 PPG
Campbell: 0.55 PPG
Boyle: 0.52 PPG

But no, that can't be possible. After all, Jets fans have no grasp of his value and overrate all of their players. Did I mention he's fat?

Old
07-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's nowhere near the worst one, have you seen some of the proposals your fellow fans have proposed? The best part of all of this is, it was never actually proposed you made it up to make Jets fans look bad.

Edit- LIRL it wasn't even a Jets fan who proposed it.

Last edited by Horvat2Virtanen: 07-24-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Phaneuf and Buff are comparable

Wheeler and Dubinsky are comparable

Bogosian and Larsson are comparable

These are value wise not play style wise.
Thanks for the input. I'm a bit surprised as a Rangers fan that you think Wheeler is only worth Dubinsky however.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Since 2010-11:

But no, that can't be possible. After all, Jets fans have no grasp of his value and overrate all of their players. Did I mention he's fat?
Just a minor timbit, your list is missing Alex Edler who has a .58 PPG in that span.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Just a minor timbit, your list is missing Alex Edler who has a .58 PPG in that span.
Oops, my bad.

At any rate, wasn't supposed to be a comprehensive list. I was just scanning through defensemen who were consistently among the points leaders from 2010 to 2013.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:

Since 2010-11:

I'd classify this post as a burn to Mikeyg. Or am I overrating it?

Old
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm a bit surprised as a Rangers fan that you think Wheeler is only worth Dubinsky however.
Unless you think his physical play makes up for roughly half the point production, Dubinsky isn't even remotely comparable to Wheeler. That's a complete whiff of a comparison IMO.

Might surprise you, but did you know that Wheeler has almost identical point production to Rick Nash over the last two seasons? To be clear, I'm not saying Wheels is as good a player, obviously you have to take into account the context in which Nash produced those points. Still, it feels like so many people aren't appreciating Wheeler's skill. I love Ladd's grit and finishing skills, but Wheeler really is the straw that stirs the drink on the Jets first line.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:56 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Zajac and Larsson?

Old
07-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oops, my bad.

At any rate, wasn't supposed to be a comprehensive list. I was just scanning through defensemen who were consistently among the points leaders from 2010 to 2013.
Ah I see. My apologies then.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
Zajac and Larsson?
Wheeler > Zajac
Bogosian > Larsson
Byfgulien - uuuuh

Surely you're not serious?