HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - 'Damn, that's a cold-ass Danish' Edition

Old
07-24-2013, 11:00 PM
DanltQC

vCash: 500
most underated player on this team by far

I see him as our future 2nd liner Center. And playing first C on PK

DanltQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Yeah, I was pretty happy with MT, except when it came to Eller. When Eller got his shot MT talked about how he had worked hard and earned the chance. Reality was it wasn't MT giving him a shot, it was injuries. Its only due to injuries that Eller got a chance to play with talent, otherwise he was on the grind line. In fairness we were really deep, but I just thought Eller had long ago earned his shot and injuries or no, he should have been played with more skilled guys.
My fear is he's now been knocked down another notch behind Briere and MT will squander him.

MT had some really weird headscratching moves too. Galchenyuk in the playoffs didn't play nearly enough. He was our best player on the ice for some of those games and MT benched him. Also, I still don't understand MT's use of Subban. Why not more icetime and why not more time on the PK?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 07:44 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
My fear is he's now been knocked down another notch behind Briere and MT will squander him.

MT had some really weird headscratching moves too. Galchenyuk in the playoffs didn't play nearly enough. He was our best player on the ice for some of those games and MT benched him. Also, I still don't understand MT's use of Subban. Why not more icetime and why not more time on the PK?
The positive is we are rolling 3 offensive lines and it just makes complete sense to keep Eller with Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Even if Eller is moved away from those 2, as long as he is played top 9 he will play with at least some talent. Just cant imagine Eller being relegated to the 4th line to move Prust up. Like Prust, but that would be bad. Where Briere likely will hurt Eller is the PP. We all want Eller to get PP time, where I would figure he should be on the half-boards guiding the play to see what he can do, but I think Briere takes that role now, along with DD.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
@Dave_Stubbs: I just had a long talk w/ Lars Eller; he says he's 100%, fitter & stronger than this time last year (and he was a beast then)
Of course it's Stubbs who only reports good news, but glad to hear Eller is confident.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Of course it's Stubbs who only reports good news, but glad to hear Eller is confident.
If Eller keeps progressing, I think he'll be a beast. I'm hoping for a break out year from him. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced Therrien will use him well. DD should be 3rd now in the center depth chart.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If Eller keeps progressing, I think he'll be a beast. I'm hoping for a break out year from him. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced Therrien will use him well. DD should be 3rd now in the center depth chart.
He is. It's just that Briere is 2nd now

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He is. It's just that Briere is 2nd now
aside, would we really be shocked if Therrien forces Eller on the wings or something?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 01:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
aside, would we really be shocked if Therrien forces Eller on the wings or something?
No, I've been saying it for weeks now that I'm almost expecting it at this point.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Presumably Briere will play RW on the third line with Galchenyuk and Eller, so how and why would Eller be downgraded (unless you have a mystery center who would relegate him to the fourth line)? As for Briere's ice time, hasn't he performed well on the PP in the past?

IMO Therrien will go with what works, and that includes his use of Subban.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
For years....almost a decade we're waiting for a tougher, meaner, bigger centerman....now that we MIGHT got one, we will put him on the wings to use midgets instead

So yeah, i would be shocked.....but i wouldn't mind that much if our top 2 center would be Plek and Galchy....but not for DD or Brière, one is getting older and they another one use his butt as a zamboni.

My personal depth chart for center next year would be: Plekanec- Eller - Galchenyuk - Brière -DD - White-Dumont

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Presumably Briere will play RW on the third line with Galchenyuk and Eller, so how and why would Eller be downgraded (unless you have a mystery center who would relegate him to the fourth line)? As for Briere's ice time, hasn't he performed well on the PP in the past?

But that's not what he did last year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
For years....almost a decade we're waiting for a tougher, meaner, bigger centerman....now that we MIGHT got one, we will put him on the wings to use midgets instead

So yeah, i would be shocked.....but i wouldn't mind that much if our top 2 center would be Plek and Galchy....but not for DD or Brière, one is getting older and they another one use his butt as a zamboni
Believe it or not, Desharnais rarely is on his butt, he just appears to be due to his small. He actually DO is 3 foot 5 tall. All an illusion.

May I had that his defensive game is next to perfect, may I say Selke worthy, he just is to small to be effective.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post

Well, why was Eller downgraded last year? Why was Galchenyuk benched in the playoffs? Why did PK only play 24 or 25 mins a game?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 01:28 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

@Dave_Stubbs: Thought @Habs Lars Eller was in good shape heading into last season? He's added 7 pounds of muscle this summer, up to a chiselled 220

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 3m
Thought @Habs Lars Eller was in good shape heading into last season? He's added 7 pounds of muscle this summer, up to a chiselled 220

6'2 220? Damn.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 3m
Thought @Habs Lars Eller was in good shape heading into last season? He's added 7 pounds of muscle this summer, up to a chiselled 220

6'2 220? Damn.
That's Lars the viking I like.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone have the link for the article by Stubbs?

I've checked insideout and the gazette, but can't find it.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:17 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

He's probably got a beer gut 6 pack the size of Kim Kardashian's in her third trimester!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:47 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
That's Lars the viking I like.
Pillage-your-Village mode enabled.

Seriously though, When we Have a Centre that talented and that powerful, it makes me so frustrated that MT will probably put him on the 3rd, give him no PP time, and heavily limit his ES time. Let's hope he doesn't go to waste. Lars needs TOI to truly blossom.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:57 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Stubbs article is now online:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I like that he says he's concentrating on explosiveness this summer. He could turn into a real nightmare to play against this season. Can't wait!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:14 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Great read!!!! thanks for sharing!

I LUV ELLER!!!!!!!!!!

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Tyson

Worth the wait watching him develop and grow!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:56 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I've been an Eller doubter the past couple of years but I'm changing my tune. I didn't really think he would achieve his upside. I thought he was going to bea great 3rd line centre and not really find his way onto the 2nd line. But I was wrong, he started to show it last year and from reading that article, I really love his attitude and outlook.

I love that he understands the importance of the mental side of the game. Also his focus on training and not worrying about money is important.

I think he's the ideal second line center behind Galchenyuk in 2-5 years from now. I'd be happy if he produces in the 55-65 point range as a second line center with some 50 point sub par seasons in there. It looks like he'll eventually be able to fill Pleks role, whereas Pleks had to be the #1 center. But Eller should be able to slide in behind Galchenyuk when he's ready and handle the tough d assignments while racking up a respectable amount of points.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote