HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Maverik

vCash: 500
Henricks also didn't care very much to break his knuckles on his visor. Not that Bourque was looking for the fight, so he had all the rights to keep his helmet on, but you can never consider this a fair fight.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
danyhabsfan

Mtl fans

Vote for Horcoff!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post69595731

Old
07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW View Post
What about picking up Niskanen from Pittsburgh? Not sure what they would want but I feel like he could help our d-core for now.

Apparently they need to get rid of him to free up some cap space/room for young d-men.
I don't really see a fit, people are already complaining the defense is too small, makes no sense to add another 190lbs guy. If we add another d-man it's either A-a big stay at home guy to help with Emelin out B-a veteran with NHL experience to help out in Hamilton and fill in in case of injuries(St.Denis type).

Old
07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Six years of crappy point production while leading your team is more a sign of concern than a feather in your hat.
right, because putting up big points in the Q as an over-ager, the ECHL & the AHL, at the same age, is a bigger accomplishment...

Old
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
right, because putting up big points in the Q as an over-ager, the ECHL & the AHL, at the same age, is a bigger accomplishment...
No doubt. But DD has had better numbers in the NHL.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Not sure about Gagner's usage, but we can't just compare points. That flew in third grade. We're big boys now and context matters.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:49 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Dude, give it up; Desharnais doesn't hold up to Gagner, end of story...

Old
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Dude, give it up; Desharnais doesn't hold up to Gagner, end of story...
The problem is that he's been arguing that the difference between Desharnais and Gagner isn't 1.3 million, and he's absolutely right imo.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:10 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
The problem is that he's been arguing that the difference between Desharnais and Gagner isn't 1.3 million, and he's absolutely right imo.
Yeah, it probably is more...

Old
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
after the constant, non-stop stream of **** that comes out of the mouth of most oilers fans on here regarding our players, with pleasure

Old
07-25-2013, 02:09 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
after the constant, non-stop stream of **** that comes out of the mouth of most oilers fans on here regarding our players, with pleasure
Been reading that Price to Edmonton thread on the trade rumor board here huh.. It seems I have been removed from that discussion for some reason.

Old
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Been reading that Price to Edmonton thread on the trade rumor board here huh.. It seems I have been removed from that discussion for some reason.
You're only allowed to flame the Leafs and Habs here, didn't you know that??...

Old
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Thanks. It's always refreshing when people actually follow conversations and don't make comments based on one f several posts without knowing what the argument is.

If people want to think Gagner is worth $1.3M more than DD and more than Patches, that's fine and within their right. Just don't try to convince me otherwise.

Old
07-25-2013, 03:37 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Thanks. It's always refreshing when people actually follow conversations and don't make comments based on one f several posts without knowing what the argument is.

If people want to think Gagner is worth $1.3M more than DD and more than Patches, that's fine and within their right. Just don't try to convince me otherwise.
People are actually saying that? I must have these people on my IL I guess.. I'd take Pacioretty over Gagner any day AINEC..

Old
07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

we got a good deal on patches, can't really say ganger is worth more or less then him. But can definitely say that he is worth more, monetary and hockey wise, then DD. DD would be a -50 taking Ganger's role and minutes.

Old
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM
BLONG7

Bobby-Lou changes agents...not all is well with the Nucks...poor guy has to answer questions for almost 2 years about getting traded, and now he has to stay and play for them? Gillis...

Old
07-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
Last year was the year I got my girlfriend into hockey. I knew they where going to fight because of Backstrom when I heard Bourques first game would be against Washington. It was her first big fight and I always thought it was hilarious because Hendricks lost in a fight of pride and justice.
She must have find this quite violent. You know, seeing two hockey players going toe-to-toe for the first time must be epic. I can't remember the first fight I saw.

Old
07-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Bobby-Lou changes agents...not all is well with the Nucks...poor guy has to answer questions for almost 2 years about getting traded, and now he has to stay and play for them? Gillis...
Seriously they really handled the goalie situation very poorly in BC. That was horrible.

Old
07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Seriously they really handled the goalie situation very poorly in BC. That was horrible.
As much as people bashed Gauthier in his time here, that's one case he didn't mismanage. It didn't take long for him to make up his mind and trade one of them.

Old
07-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
As much as people bashed Gauthier in his time here, that's one case he didn't mismanage. It didn't take long for him to make up his mind and trade one of them.
Not that Halak sucks, but nobody would trade a guy like Eller for him this summer. St.Louis is trying to move him but not getting big bites.

Old
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gillis is alot like Burkie, arrogant to the end...other GM's must be laughing at him, quietly of course...

I can't imagine how Luongo feels after the trade, and it wasn't him going...can you imagine the disgust for Gillis from the Luongo camp?

Old
07-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Not that Halak sucks, but nobody would trade a guy like Eller for him this summer. St.Louis is trying to move him but not getting big bites.
Is that an E5 there Eck? Indications are its business as usual with Halak and Elliot next year, Allen has a 2way deal.

Old
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Is that an E5 there Eck? Indications are its business as usual with Halak and Elliot next year, Allen has a 2way deal.
Yeah until one of them plays really good and gets shipped out, hence the 2 way in his first year.

Old
07-25-2013, 06:04 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
The trade for Eller was one heck of a trade, imo. The goalie market has never been that hot and Van got basically what we got in return for our goalies, they got a 9th or so pick and we got a player who was the previous year drafted at 10th or something.

Gauthier's problem was leadership and man management, his hockey trades were as fine as could be given the circumstances he was in (handcuffed with the Gainey contracts and with a coach who was living in 1996)

Old
07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Well Halak and Hitchcock got into it pretty hard this year and Halak made some public rumblings. Not that he should move but so far in his career has hasn't proven to be a goalie one can rely upon for a full season.

Closed Thread