HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The All-Consuming Jaromir Jagr Thread (For Those Who Can't Let Go).

Old
07-24-2013, 12:47 PM
trader997

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Please enlighten us on how Jagr has betrayed this organization for 13 straight years. I'm all for hating on Jags, but let's not get carried away.
-The way he felt about Pittsburgh in 2000 with the dying alive comments.
-When he said he owed Mario his hockey life and would play for 500k.
-Jagr-watch saga when we all thought he would sign in Pittsburgh after he had a conversation with Mario.
-He ended up spitting on Mario's offer to sign with our biggest rival.

Anyway, Mario is not even signing cards or posters of team picture with Jagr in it anymore so i would be surprise to see Jagr getting his jersey raised to the rafters one day.

trader997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader997 View Post
-The way he felt about Pittsburgh in 2000 with the dying alive comments.
-When he said he owed Mario his hockey life and would play for 500k.
-Jagr-watch saga when we all thought he would sign in Pittsburgh after he had a conversation with Mario.
-He ended up spitting on Mario's offer to sign with our biggest rival.

Anyway, Mario is not even signing cards or posters of team picture with Jagr in it anymore so i would be surprise to see Jagr getting his jersey raised to the rafters one day.
So something that happened in 2000 and another set of incidents in 2011. Yet the somehow equals 13 years of incidents. I don't really care for Jags the person and really don't think I want his jersey hanging in the rafters, but let's not over exaggerate here.

Just curious, what evidence do you have that Mario is refusing to sign a picture with Jagr in it?

Shady Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
trader997

Quote:
So something that happened in 2000 and another set of incidents in 2011. Yet the somehow equals 13 years of incidents. I don't really care for Jags the person and really don't think I want his jersey hanging in the rafters, but let's not over exaggerate here.

Just curious, what evidence do you have that Mario is refusing to sign a picture with Jagr in it?
Rumors... not Rossi.

trader997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

**** Jagr. He should only have his number retired when he is dead and gone and can't enjoy it. He's one of the greatest players ever to play hockey, and is only surpassed by Lemieux in his accomplishments here (though Crosby and Malkin might bump him down after their careers are finished).

So yeah, retire it when his exploits are a distant memory.

Gold Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

you people are harsh. I'd hate to see how you react when someone actually wrongs you in a way that matters

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

This thread is woefully lacking in Jagr GIFs.

Is he sneezing in this one?

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I want a Jagr saluting statue at the CEC

Old
07-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

I want a Jagr saluting statue at the CEC
Only if it has a mullet.

Old
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rumors... not Rossi.
Rumors from who??? The reason I ask is because I have a painting of Mario and Jagr with the Cup that I'd like to get signed by Mario when I go to a Lemieux autograph signing in Toronto in November. Since he'll be there signing at the Toronto Sports Card Expo this year apparantly.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Only if it has a mullet.
obviously. I figured that went without saying

Old
07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Just realised that because he's signed with the Devils and I'm likely to be going to the home opener then I'll see him play.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:55 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post

Jagrwatch was an all-time great fan moment. So much hope! Redemption could have been had. Is Jagr in the US? TURTLES ON THE RUNWAY. BETRAYAL, lol. It was awesome.
I remember fishing out on Grand Lake in NS (where Sid lives ironically) and getting a phone notification that JJ signed in Philadelphia (and I think Talbot the same day). Phila ****ing delphia? Are you kidding me?

Thought I was dreaming.

But yeah, Jagr had some great seasons here, but left Pittsburgh basically making it public thinking it was a hell-hole, years later duped the organization into thinking he was returning just to drum up a market for his return ($$$$$), and has bounced around city to city since.

He couldn't care less if we retired his number. Any further communication between the organization and Jagr would be awkward, to say the least.

It isn't happening.

Congratz on the great career, Jags. You're one of the greatest players all-time on a number of fronts. Enjoy your money and retirement in Europe. Now **** off.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 09:17 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Mario looks so French in this one

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

I see Jagr's goal is to make his way around the old Atlantic Division. It's comforting to know that he would have to play until he's approximately 45 to make it all the way around the Metropolitan Division.

Gwydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 09:54 AM
ZapRowsdower13
FROstige Worldwide!

Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
Some people REALLY hate Jagr here. I can't see why some do to the level they do though. Ok the 'dying alive' thing was bad, it was also hilarious. The guy wasn't gonna be staying anyways so we had to be rid of him. Then when he 'said' he was gonna come back and he didn't, what did it really do to us as a team? Do you really think he was the missing cog in the machine to win the cup that year? I certainly don't!

I look at what he did for us as a team and feel he deserves to have his number retired. To spit on the post suggesting that only NEW Pens fans and non-fans feel this way the teams been my number one love since '94.

Was I a little irked by his signing with Philly? Ya, but when i saw the money they gave him i laughed and was glad we didn't do it. I just don't see the point in saying 'F JAGR MAN!' But then again I was over the Hossa thing a day later, REALLY over when we won the cup while he had to watch.

I'd also LOVE to hear where this rumor came from that Mario won't sign anything with Jagr on it, ha ha just hilarious really.

ZapRowsdower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

2011 could have been Jagr's redemption with the organization that made him a star. Jagr hasn't done squat since he left the Penguins outside of a few good seasons with the NYR.

It would have brought closure to the Dying Alive comments and the awful way he left the organization. He is the second greatest Penguin EVER, but he **** away this legacy to be a mercenary for the highest bidder, bouncing around teams year to year to year.

In the end, it was ALWAYS about Jaromir Jagr, and cementing himself above any team association.

So that's why I say **** him. He could have been so much more than just his stats.

Gold Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
If there was ever a player who looked more like he belonged in an 80s metal band, I don't know who it is.

That might be the best picture of Jagr I've ever seen.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
If there was ever a player who looked more like he belonged in an 80s metal band, I don't know who it is.

That might be the best picture of Jagr I've ever seen.
Agreed. Just an awesome pic of Jags.

Shady Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
theicebox
#MonixWatch

Name one more thing Jagr could do to make you dislike him more.

I want to try and flip the Jagr discussion on its head. Please list one thing Jagr could do to make you dislike him (even) more as a player, a person, and/or a professional. Thing could be an action, a statement, a hairstyle, a peanut butter brand, etc.

Ex: Sign with the New York Islanders next season/get traded there this season to complete the Patrick Division circuit.

Team Promiscuity: Kladno, Penguins, Capitals, Rangers, Omsk, Flyers, Stars, Bruins, Devils
People he has thus far pissed off: Penguins fans, Lemieux, Pittsburgh. Potentially other NHL markets' fans (?). The nation of Slovakia (I assume).

I thought this might be a nice summer thread.

theicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
JWells16

Openly state that he supports Joffrey for the Iron Throne.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

He could have more threads made about him.

Randy Butternubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 12:00 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

I agree with the disappointment with how he left us and didn't return to us, but man, I was excited to have him as a rookie, excited when he helped us to the cups in 91 and 92, and excited that he stayed in Pittsburgh and took over while Mario was gone. Yeah, he's done some stupid things, but he's done a lot for the team and I for one would love to have his number retired some day.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 12:01 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Rumors from who??? The reason I ask is because I have a painting of Mario and Jagr with the Cup that I'd like to get signed by Mario when I go to a Lemieux autograph signing in Toronto in November. Since he'll be there signing at the Toronto Sports Card Expo this year apparantly.
Really??? I thought it was going to be Roy. If it's Lemieux, I might actually make that trip to see him.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Signing with people doesn't bother me at all. I don't get why it would. I like Jagr still. The only real negative thing I ever have held against him is the dying alive comments. I'm not going to hold a grudge over a stupid comment. I mean, to make me dislike him he'd have to do the same things that make me dislike anybody. Get caught with drugs or being a criminal. Intentionally injuring people. Badmouthing our team Tortorella style. Things like that.