HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Papelbon's trade value might have increased a little with K Rod going to the Orioles. The Phils should still look to eat salary in order to get a better player, but Amaro will probably not move him at all.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Papelbon's trade value might have increased a little with K Rod going to the Orioles. The Phils should still look to eat salary in order to get a better player, but Amaro will probably not move him at all.
Papelbon is really the only reliever that has any reliability of being effective. Other teams may go with an unknown for less.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
they probably could trade him if they pay for most of his remaining salary. he isnt very good and has a terrible contract.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
they probably could trade him if they pay for most of his remaining salary. he isnt very good and has a terrible contract.
Sure they can, but I dont' think they want too. They ate nothing of the contracts of Pence & Vic last year I believe. They want a full 100% divorce when trading a player.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Sure they can, but I dont' think they want too. They ate nothing of the contracts of Pence & Vic last year I believe. They want a full 100% divorce when trading a player.
Victorino was going to be a free agent and Pence wasnt owed over $30 million like Papelbon is. If they dont want to pay any of the salary he has left, they arent going to get anything of value in return.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Victorino was going to be a free agent and Pence wasnt owed over $30 million like Papelbon is. If they dont want to pay any of the salary he has left, they arent going to get anything of value in return.
Then he probably won't be traded.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Then he probably won't be traded.
Which is stupid. Flyers ownership are paying a ton of money to have Bryz and Briere play somewhere else, so that the GM can make the team better. Phillies ownership probably has a ton more money, and are going to be getting a ton more in a couple years. They can afford to, and should, eat some money in order to get the right players, that way they can start to make more money sooner.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Which is stupid. Flyers ownership are paying a ton of money to have Bryz and Briere play somewhere else, so that the GM can make the team better. Phillies ownership probably has a ton more money, and are going to be getting a ton more in a couple years. They can afford to, and should, eat some money in order to get the right players, that way they can start to make more money sooner.
I agree 100%. I'd pay all of the players if you can maximize your return that way.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:57 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Funny headline I saw today....

Baseball Talk: Philadelphia
Phillies concede season, call up Michael Martinez.

Phillies Finally Admit They're Not Contenders, Call Up Michael Martinez - Philliedelphia
www.philliedelphia.com
Catcher Humberto Quintero is designated for assignment. Alleged infielder/outfielder Michael Martinez called up. They give up.

Old
07-24-2013, 07:16 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Funny headline I saw today....

Baseball Talk: Philadelphia
Phillies concede season, call up Michael Martinez.

Phillies Finally Admit They're Not Contenders, Call Up Michael Martinez - Philliedelphia
www.philliedelphia.com
Catcher Humberto Quintero is designated for assignment. Alleged infielder/outfielder Michael Martinez called up. They give up.
Hahahahaha. "Alleged" infielder/outfielder. That is one of the best things I have read in a while.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Justified
Amaro out

The only players on this team who can actually make an impact these days are Brown, Utley, Lee, and Hamels. The rest of them are horrible and are the types of players that end up on 90-100 loss teams.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
When I didn't have cable they were always televised here. Now I have cable and it's nothing but the Yankees for the non-Baltimore/Washington teams. Kill me.

07-24-2013, 09:37 PM
The Couturier Effect

Can we just get those kids who are in the field for the homerun derby to play outfield for the Phillies?

Old
07-24-2013, 11:05 PM
jml87

They had Nix-Martinez-Mayberry in the outfield tonight. That is Marlins proportions bad. The only one in the lineup tonight that should legit be starting on a major league club is Utley. Ruiz and Rollins are walking husks. The rest of them are just baaaad. Injuries and Amaro have destroyed this team.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
The Couturier Effect

Hope this is the beginning...

@magelb
Quote:
After an extended chat with Manuel, Amaro held a lengthy meeting with his coaches. He declined comment.

Old
07-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Hiesenberg

Olney reported that Salisbury said that Utley/Phils are close to an extension.

Jesus Amaro is a ****ing clown. Your best trade piece, can probably land you a blue chipper + and you are going to sign him like a ****ing fool.

Old
07-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/philad...ies/index.html

Quote:
One league executive told Jayson Stark of ESPN.com (via Twitter) that he has "no doubt" that the Phillies are buyers after talking to them.
I know you shouldn't believe GM's but what the ****? He should be selling now, not waiting til the buying teams have filled their needs and there are less suitors.

Old
07-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Hiesenberg

They are 11 games in the loss column and 8 back in the Division. They look homely against good teams. Amaro is delusional and his delusion will cost this team 5-8 years. Prepare for the Mid 90s-Early 00s again people, this team isn't going to see the postseason for a while.

Old
07-25-2013, 07:25 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
They are 11 games in the loss column and 8 back in the Division. They look homely against good teams. Amaro is delusional and his delusion will cost this team 5-8 years. Prepare for the Mid 90s-Early 00s again people, this team isn't going to see the postseason for a while.

I've been waiting for them to come back to earth. I know it's a weird sentiment, but I enjoy rooting for the Phillies when they suck a lot more than when they are good. They are my favorite team and always have been. Winning the World Series in 2008 was amazing, but since then I have just wanted them to suck. I would never wish that upon the Flyers (or the other sports teams I root for), but for whatever reason, I just enjoy baseball more when the Phillies suck.

Old
07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Hiesenberg

You're weird

Old
07-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
You're weird
Seconded.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Seconded.
I likes what I likes. I don't ever root for them to lose, really. I just enjoy it more when the team is crappy.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I likes what I likes. I don't ever root for them to lose, really. I just enjoy it more when the team is crappy.
Do you listen to sports talk radio a lot to commiserate with other fans complaining about the team when they're bad? That's the only thing I can think of to warrant such feelings, and if so that seems a bit too masochistic for me.

Beyond that, I don't understand how you like it best when your favorite baseball team loses. Well, unless you're a Cubs fan.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Do you listen to sports talk radio a lot to commiserate with other fans complaining about the team when they're bad? That's the only thing I can think of to warrant such feelings, and if so that seems a bit too masochistic for me.

Beyond that, I don't understand how you like it best when your favorite baseball team loses. Well, unless you're a Cubs fan.
I don't know why really. I just do. Getting excited about the players they got for Curt Schilling was better than getting excited about buying all the free agents and trading all the young guys. Again, I never root for them to lose. I just enjoy it more when they lose. It's weird, I know. But I can't help liking what I like. Like I said, I would never say this about the Flyers or the Eagles or Rutgers. But for some reason I just like being a Phillies fan when they suck more than when they are good.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Getting excited about the players they got for Curt Schilling was better than getting excited about buying all the free agents and trading all the young guys.
I think you're the first person in the history of ever to say those words. I don't know anyone who was excited in giving up a premier pitcher for the likes of Travis Lee, Omar Daal, Nelson Figueroa and Vicente Padilla.

Closed Thread