07-24-2013, 06:23 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
2013 CHL Summer meetings end

http://centralhockeyleague.com/news/?article_id=9842

From press release:
Quote:
For the second straight season, the CHL’s teams will compete in one 10-team conference, the Berry Conference. Participating in the 2013-14 season are the Allen Americans, Arizona Sundogs, Denver Cutthroats, Missouri Mavericks, Quad City Mallards, Rapid City Rush, Tulsa Oilers, Wichita Thunder and the expansion Brampton Beast and St. Charles Chill.

The playoff format remains the same with eight teams qualifying for post-season play ranked one through eight based on regular season point totals. The post-season will consist of three rounds with the Opening Round, the Berry Conference Semifinals and the Ray Miron Presidents’ Cup Finals and all series’ will be a best-of-7 format.

Also determined was that the CHL would adapt the rule change of eliminating the “attainable” pass rule which allows for a linesman to waive off icing if it was determined that a pass was attainable.

The Board of Governors also voted that the halving of minor penalties in overtime would continue meaning all minor infractions called in overtime would result in a 1:00 penalty and that an emphasis would be placed by the on-ice officials to monitor closely diving infractions.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

What a shame to punish Allen and Rapid City for wanting to jump ship and leave this sinking league. I'd be extremely surprised if it can finish the league with all ten teams.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
mk80

I don't like how minor penalties in OT will be only 1 min long.

Jeben- the only good thing is Allen can actually defend thier championship, but I agree its ashame they are being held captive in the league. I really hope the league folds soon, that way it frees up the Rush, Mavericks, Thunder, and Americans to join the ECHL west.

mk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk80 View Post
I don't like how minor penalties in OT will be only 1 min long.

Jeben- the only good thing is Allen can actually defend thier championship, but I agree its ashame they are being held captive in the league. I really hope the league folds soon, that way it frees up the Rush, Mavericks, Thunder, and Americans to join the ECHL west.
Yes. Congrats Allen, somehow get through this year and come over along with a couple other teams.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote