HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olympic Invite thread (Subban, Price, Emelin, Markov, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Diaz)

Old
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
anyone who doesnt think subban is a lock for team canada are out of their minds, and its rly not to sound like a homer, the kid is just that amazing, theres absolutely no way he doesnt make the team

my hope is that he plays so well all of canada will re-embrace him and his street cred sky rockets again from when it kept taking hits because of all these players cry babying

carey on the other hand... not so sure.. i thought he had a serious shot at this thing a couple of years ago but now it looks like the next olympics after sochi is the one where he might land that number 1 if he works hard at it

also think pacioretty is a LOCK for team usa, ..would be amazing if galchenyuk made it tho too

I love PK but when I think of " lock" im think crosby, tavares, stamkos like players. Its not because hes not good, but we are super deep at defense and if he dogs it to start next season I can see him being on the outside looking in. Thats not to say I think he will dog it, I sure as hell hope he does not, but if he does it could cost him his spot. I still think is more likely than not he will be on the team, but in the abscence of a major injury Crosby and stamkos will be on the team even if they DO suck the start of next season.

I think Yzerman said there have been about 12-14 guys who are pretty much in at this point, I dont see PK being one of them, as much as I like him.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
NotProkofievian

To be honest, I think this is just the way PK's career is going to be. I mean, what else could he possibly do to prove that he's among the very best dmen in the entire league? If you had to name one thing that PK would have to accomplish to be considered as such, that one thing would have to be the Norris, no? He wins the Norris and he's still on the outside looking in. Pietrangelo finishes 4th, and he's arrived: the next great Canadian defenseman.

I think it's always going to be this way, and I hope PK realizes it. In his case, he really is only as good as his last season, and even then, that seems to come with a few caveats.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
To be honest, I think this is just the way PK's career is going to be. I mean, what else could he possibly do to prove that he's among the very best dmen in the entire league? If you had to name one thing that PK would have to accomplish to be considered as such, that one thing would have to be the Norris, no? He wins the Norris and he's still on the outside looking in. Pietrangelo finishes 4th, and he's arrived: the next great Canadian defenseman.

I think it's always going to be this way, and I hope PK realizes it. In his case, he really is only as good as his last season, and even then, that seems to come with a few caveats.
Im not sure pietrangelo is a lock either. PK won the norris in a shortened season, and one in which he started late. A lot of guys stock dropped because of poor play down the stretch whereas PK seemed to stay steady. I think he has a very good chance of being on the team, better than even money. but he's not a lock the way that some guys are. guys with olympic experience also carries some weight, if its a wash in terms of play and subban in competing for the last sport with someone who has already had olympic experience, I dont see it being in his favor.

if he plays the start of next year like his did last, he's in. if not it gets dicey. If stamkos goes long periods without scoring next season ( barring a major injury) he's still in. That's all I'm saying.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote