HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hedin called up

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 11:52 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
ive only seen hedin play on the wing heh
looks a bit slight of build
i guess like kaberle

Old
01-09-2004, 12:20 PM
leafaholix*

Yeah, he's about 6'2, 200 pounds.

Same build as Kaberle and Johnsson.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
He is saying if you would have said WHATEVER to YOURSELF in YOUR HEAD rather than posting anything in this thread at all then ...which is what we believe should have happened than this whole "TO" discussion would never have happened and this thread would

A) Have purpose
B) Be insightful
C) Be a meaningful discussion on the Hopes and Chances for success of a Leaf Prospect...

....rather than a USELESS conversation on the English word "TO" and how it should be used in a sentance and its meaning ... There must be a better boad that you can find where that discussion might be more relevant and appropriate ...NO ??
You are not right in the head. He has me quoting something I did not even say. That is what I meant. Sorry to have to spell that out to you.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Shawn

Quote:
He is saying if you would have said WHATEVER to YOURSELF in YOUR HEAD rather than posting anything in this thread at all then ...which is what we believe should have happened than this whole "TO" discussion would never have happened and this thread would

A) Have purpose
B) Be insightful
C) Be a meaningful discussion on the Hopes and Chances for success of a Leaf Prospect...

....rather than a USELESS conversation on the English word "TO" and how it should be used in a sentance and its meaning ... There must be a better boad that you can find where that discussion might be more relevant and appropriate ...NO ??
The other thing I wanted to ask you is this: How come you have to tell me what OTHERS have to say? You know what everyone is thinking? They can't say it for themselves? Shoo.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
You are not right in the head. He has me quoting something I did not even say. That is what I meant. Sorry to have to spell that out to you.
No, that's not what I meant. Sorry, if you took it that way. It was quotes from two different posts and my remarks to each, I'm sure most people didn't think it was slamming you by trying to deceptively make it look like one poster's remarks.

Anyways, this is going in a circle and back to interpretations of what others said or meant.

Pfft, I don't care, I'm gone for the weekend.

SEE YA'S!!!

Old
01-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
The other thing I wanted to ask you is this: How come you have to tell me what OTHERS have to say? You know what everyone is thinking? They can't say it for themselves? Shoo.
Ironically ....If you would have said and posted nothing in this thread and would have contributed MORE and gain more respect..

and by mentioning others I thought I would save them a little time from posting the same thing that you should stop wasting everyones time... With your Nonsense...

Old
01-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
No, that's not what I meant. Sorry, if you took it that way. It was quotes from two different posts and my remarks to each, I'm sure most people didn't think it was slamming you by trying to deceptively make it look like one poster's remarks.

Anyways, this is going in a circle and back to interpretations of what others said or meant.

Pfft, I don't care, I'm gone for the weekend.

SEE YA'S!!!
hehe no problem. Little on teh defensive tonight

Old
01-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Shawn

Quote:
Ironically ....If you would have said and posted nothing in this thread and would have contributed MORE and gain more respect..

and by mentioning others I thought I would save them a little time from posting the same thing that you should stop wasting everyones time... With your Nonsense...
*edit*

I refuse to contribute to this thread further.

Last edited by Shawn: 01-09-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old
01-09-2004, 05:40 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

ottawa lost in buffalo tnite. satan scooooooooooores in the final minutes

nj lost to tampa on ken daneyko night ?

Old
01-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
ottawa lost in buffalo tnite. satan scooooooooooores in the final minutes

nj lost to tampa on ken daneyko night ?

Proof that there are Hockey Gods

Old
01-09-2004, 05:42 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
*edit*

I refuse to contribute to this thread further.
Contribute?

Good one.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Frankie

Quote:
That I guess depends on how you define Creating Offense... and I don't want those words to be turnded into a Spelling Bee as well..

Personally I don't think its that Black and White....What I mean is that... there is more than putting points on the board that shows you are good offensively... I have seen games where Hedin has come in from his point spot to the slot on a play and gone as far as ringing it off the post... On other times if his team mates would have been able to get him the puck perhaps his Goals and Assist totals would be different, and with snipers like Luca Cereda and Robb Palahnuk to finish off his passes I am not surprised that his assist totals are not higher..and offensive IMO also refers to be caring the puck out of your zone and creating forward pressure...

...and another example would be that Kaberle is considered a offensive Dman by most Leaf Fans yet he has only a few goals and has not shown to be that PP QB that Toronto craves as of yet...

Just watch now Sluggo will chime in and this thread will become a Kaberle thread... It shouldn't it was just a point.. just like Eric Brewer is considered an offensive dman as well and look at his totals ...
i think it is that black and white. hedin's not that good offensively. if he was, he'd have lots of points in the ahl.

no need to make it complicated with big words and phrases from the pierre maguire school of hockey.

hedin doesn't do much.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:22 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
i think it is that black and white. hedin's not that good offensively. if he was, he'd have lots of points in the ahl.

no need to make it complicated with big words and phrases from the pierre maguire school of hockey.

hedin doesn't do much.
He's one pace for 30 points in the AHL.

That's pretty good for a rookie defenseman... especially a Euro.

Old
01-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
He's one pace for 30 points in the AHL.

That's pretty good for a rookie defenseman... especially a Euro.
not really, for a 25 year old who has 6 or 7 pro seasons under his belt, in a league some people claim is better than the ahl.

hedin is a good ahl defenceman. just not an offensive star in that league, and definitely not in the nhl.

Old
01-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Kronblom

Pierre Hedin wasn´t an offensive force on the blueline in Sweden either, more a allround defenseman. I wouldn´t say that the AHL is worse or better than the swedish league, just different.

Some swedes had doubts about Pierre before the season, thinking that he would struggle since he really isn´t any good at anything. The transition to the NHL would probably be easier on a weaker team, I mean a lot worse swedes have made it to the NHL. Dick Tärnström for example.

Old
01-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
thinking that he would struggle since he really isn´t any good at anything.
We drafted ANOTHER guy who isn't any good at anything?

Sigh...

Old
01-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Contribute?

Good one.

You can't just drop eh? Just need to always get the last word in or what? This is why it has taken on the form that it has. Grow up.

Closed Thread