HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Aaron Ward: "Grabovski down to 3 teams"

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
stish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
But, you know...it's just Montreal fans holding a grudge.
First time I've ever agreed with you.

Old
07-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Just a few centers that outscored Grabo: Pyatt, Perrault, Mueller, Cervenka, Toronto's own 4th line center Jay McClement, Antropov, Goc, JOHN MITCHELL etc.

Would anyone be excited for these guys? Nope. Why Grabo? Because the Leafs bought him out.
That's retarded. The reason some people would be excited over Grabovski is because he has been a very decent player in the very recent past, and has only been bad for one season while being possibly misued by a coach that doesn't always give players all the chances they deserve (case in point: Lupul being where he is right now). None of the players were nearly as good as Grabovski was a pretty short time ago. Mueller maybe, but with him it was injuries. With Grabovski, it's only and obviously purely situational. Maybe Antropov, but with him you have his age being a factor. You're talking him down for exactly the reason you state - because he got bought out after a bad year.

Old
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
While I highly doubt it would be Buffalo, it would add some pizzaz back to the Leaf-Sabre rivalry.

Calgary and Florida seem like the best options both in terms of opportunity and role.
Would be worth it just to watch him troll the mobs of Leaf fans at FNC.

Old
07-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Flamesfan102

I doubt Calgary get's him. I could see Florida, Nashville, or Phoenix being the team.

Old
07-25-2013, 09:03 PM
ilikeblocks

Perfect fit in Nashville.

Old
07-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Perfect fit in Nashville.
Wont happen. They're already set on C with Fisher, Legwand, Cullen and Gaustad.

Besides, i dont think Poile wants anything to do with (Bela)Russians after experimenting with the Kostitsyn bro's and Radulov.

Old
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
while playing 15 minutes a night and playing on the 4th line a lot
Ya... He didn't play 4th line at all really. He maybe played one shift with Orr... Kadri played a few games with Orr and put up points grabo played with MacArthur, frattin, kulemin, and even jvr and lupul for a bit. Basically every person he was put with went on a cold streak while every player put with Kadri thrived. I loved grabo he was all heart but man he sucked it up last year

Old
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Quares27

Nashville should sign him

Old
07-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Interactif

What Grabovski brings to the table

Pros - Hard worker, brings speed to the line up, has a good shot when he can get it on net, streaky, puck possession.

Cons - Bad playmaker, questionable hockey sense, selfish, overrated defensively, doesn't bring any physical edge, low IQ, doesn't use his wingers, can be a puck hog, has had run ins with teammates and coaches.

1 year for 2M is the most I would offer him for what he brings to a team.

Old
07-25-2013, 09:54 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

He'd be great in between Colin Wilson and Patric Hornqvist in Nashville. I think he ends up in the Atlantic division though to burn the Leafs

Old
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Pros - Hard worker, brings speed to the line up, has a good shot when he can get it on net, streaky, puck possession.

Cons - Bad playmaker, questionable hockey sense, selfish, overrated defensively, doesn't bring any physical edge, low IQ, doesn't use his wingers, can be a puck hog, has had run ins with teammates and coaches.

again, aside from the speed and run ins with team part, that is the exact scouting report of another guy the Leafs just gave a 7 year deal to

Old
07-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
again, aside from the speed and run ins with team part, that is the exact scouting report of another guy the Leafs just gave a 7 year deal to
Clarkson brings a physical edge to a team, he is also a great team player that is respected by his teammates. Those are 2 big things in Clarkson's favour, he can also wake a team up with a goal, fight or a hit. The 2 couldn't be any more different in this regard. One player has intangibles, the other wakes up opposing teams by taking needless dumb hits, that's always been Grabo's MO. No player in the NHL plays the game from the seat of his pants as much as Grabo does.

The similarities are both are strong puck possession players. That's about it.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:05 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Man this guys getting seriously overrated. Let's not forget he had 16 points last season.
Indeed. Aaron Ward makes it sound like every team wants Grabovsky!

Grabovsky is an Ok 2nd line center. Almost every team already has its "Grabovsky"... minus 3 apparently.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
ItsOurGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyHF View Post
Wont happen. They're already set on C with Fisher, Legwand, Cullen and Gaustad.

Besides, i dont think Poile wants anything to do with (Bela)Russians after experimenting with the Kostitsyn bro's and Radulov.
I hear your point but Grabovski does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as these guys. He is a true heart and soul player who leaves it all on the the ice. He's a pro off the ice, prior to being bought out (which he definitely reacted poorly too), he was extremely positive through all the crap he was going through. He never gives up and is willing to take an absolute beating for the team.

Grabo is honorable, shouldn't be compared with those plugs just because of his nationality.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:12 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOurGame View Post
I hear your point but Grabovski does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as these guys. He is a true heart and soul player who leaves it all on the the ice. He's a pro off the ice, prior to being bought out (which he definitely reacted poorly too), he was extremely positive through all the crap he was going through. He never gives up and is willing to take an absolute beating for the team.

Grabo is honorable, shouldn't be compared with those plugs just because of his nationality.
+1

Would love to hear the explanation about how he had run-ins with teammates in Toronto, or coaches (prior to being bought out) for that matter. I don't recall anything like that happening. Grabovski is a consummate professional, those goofs (Kostitsyns) in Montreal just dragged him down.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
I hope he signs with New Jersey. We need a fast, skilled center.
If Grabo hated playing for Carlyle, he will hate playing for an even more defensive coach in Deboer.

Grabo's best years were when he was trading chances in the Wilson run and gun or some say run and scatter era when the Leafs were one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

He has yet to demonstrate to me, he can play a structured team orientated system.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
+1

Would love to hear the explanation about how he had run-ins with teammates in Toronto, or coaches (prior to being bought out) for that matter. I don't recall anything like that happening. Grabovski is a consummate professional, those goofs (Kostitsyns) in Montreal just dragged him down.
Jason Blake, wanted to punch his lights out in practice. You forgot that? I don't think it's a big secret he wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room. Burke, Nonis, and the vast majority of teammates passed on his wedding for Dion's. That's a good tell also.

Let's face it, he and Carlyle were like oil and water last year, despite RC leaving him on the PP all year despite 16 points, Grabo claims he never got a fair chance. He had his chances early on, but he Mac, and Kule never could catch lightning in a bottle again. Not until Kadri made them look like NHL wingers again.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Machinae

Grabovski plays a wingers game from the center position.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:28 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
per Aaron Ward this morning

I still think he ends up in Washington, myself.
He'll be a duck.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
If Grabo hated playing for Carlyle, he will hate playing for an even more defensive coach in Deboer.

Grabo's best years were when he was trading chances in the Wilson run and gun or some say run and scatter era when the Leafs were one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

He has yet to demonstrate to me, he can play a structured team orientated system.
Deboer is not a defensive coach.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:

Dead. On.

The hockey sense always bothered me. I think he's much more suited to a winger with two strong defensive players and grinders - he's too tough to play with, in an offensive role. The one year with MacArthur and Kulemin seems like an aberration - because he was back to Sergei Berezin last year.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:57 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Grabo to Nashville just makes too much sense. That means it won't happen sadly.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Dead. On.

The hockey sense always bothered me. I think he's much more suited to a winger with two strong defensive players and grinders - he's too tough to play with, in an offensive role. The one year with MacArthur and Kulemin seems like an aberration - because he was back to Sergei Berezin last year.
Even in 10-11 his best year, he only had a career high 29 assists that year, yet he got credit as being the reason for Kulemin and MacArthur's good years. MacArthur was the playmaker of the line with 41 assists and led with 62 points.

Grabo is a loose cannon, I would be very leary adding him to a lineup, he's had dust ups with Beauchemin, Blake 2x, in a Whistler Bar, and the Kostitsyn brothers throughout the years. Also Didn't get along with coaches Carlyle and Carbonneau.

The guy has had his share of baggage. He's not that good to ignore the drama that comes along with his package.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Hockeygirl95*

Doubt he comes to Calgary and I personally don't want him, id rather just roll with a combination of Backlund, Stajan, Horak, Reinhart, Knight, Monahan, etc and likely get a high pick while giving our young players experience.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Pohlow

Respect is overrated. I would still want Crosby putting up 130 pts a year on my team even if he was a ******.

Closed Thread