HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
The oh-so-reliable-Eklund says we're one of four teams left in the Hainsey sweeps (Carolina, Columbus, Washington, us).

Old
07-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
The oh-so-reliable-Eklund says we're one of four teams left in the Hainsey sweeps (Carolina, Columbus, Washington, us).
Hainsey would be a very good pick-up, and really solidify the bottom half of that defense.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Hainsey would be a very good pick-up, and really solidify the bottom half of that defense.
Yeah but damn he's gonna probably cost at least 4 mil and he'd like be on our third pair... our defense would make our 4th line look like a bargain...

Old
07-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Yeah but damn he's gonna probably cost at least 4 mil and he'd like be on our third pair... our defense would make our 4th line look like a bargain...
Hainsey would turn that "third pair" into another second pairing. Given the number of kids getting on-the-job training on the blueline, I think he'd be a great pickup.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If we really are in on Hainsey, I think Poile would then turn around and trade Ellis/Ekholm+Spaling/Smith for either a forward upgrade or a very good prospect/pick.

Old
07-26-2013, 12:48 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If we really are in on Hainsey, I think Poile would then turn around and trade Ellis/Ekholm+Spaling/Smith for either a forward upgrade or a very good prospect/pick.
agreed. If we sign hainsey we would definitely have to move Smith's 2 million to have room for a higher-end forward

Im hopeful for Ellis but now that we have Jones I would be fine if we trade Eliss while he still has some value

I would hate to move Ekholm for a prospect, but if he is part of a package for an NHL ready top 6 winger, see-ya

Old
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Reported by Dregs that Franson will most likely be on the block. Maybe we kill two with one and trade for him and sign him for less than what Hainsey wants.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Reported by Dregs that Franson will most likely be on the block. Maybe we kill two with one and trade for him and sign him for less than what Hainsey wants.
I think Franson is looking for about the same amount that Hainsey is. Though Franson would put up more points, Hainsey doesn't have to play sheltered minutes.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:45 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I think Franson is looking for about the same amount that Hainsey is. Though Franson would put up more points, Hainsey doesn't have to play sheltered minutes.
Franson and Hainsey do not bring the same things to the table. For us Hainsey would be the guy to cover for our version of Franson(Ellis) on the third pair

Old
07-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Byrddog

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678970

We could have given this guy a try cheap.

Old
07-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678970

We could have given this guy a try cheap.
In a vacuum, I agree, but where would he fit? He'd have to displace someone like Smith, Bourque, or Forsberg, on top of Spaling. If we could have somehow got him and been able to send him down, he would have been fantastic as call-up depth, and I'd love to have him in the system, just don't think there's room.

Old
07-26-2013, 07:51 PM
sighthndlady

In case you want to pencil things into your calendars: Dan the group sales rep told me that the pre-season home games will be 9/22 and 9/24 (Sunday and Tuesday).

Old
07-27-2013, 09:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

according to blogger Garth on Eks site Gaustad got married this weekend.... congrats Goose!

Old
07-29-2013, 07:00 PM
glenngineer

So is anyone else getting this pop up of "Falling Skies" that happens at the bottom of the screen every time you come here? If so, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Old
07-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So is anyone else getting this pop up of "Falling Skies" that happens at the bottom of the screen every time you come here? If so, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I don't because I'm a sponsor, but have your tried the ad block plus browser extension? It blocks alot of ads and you can even create filters to block ads that aren't blocked.

https://adblockplus.org/

Old
07-29-2013, 10:47 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I don't because I'm a sponsor, but have your tried the ad block plus browser extension? It blocks alot of ads and you can even create filters to block ads that aren't blocked.

https://adblockplus.org/
I haven't but this just started in the last week or so. I will try the ad block link you suggested as well.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:13 AM
glenngineer

Unfortunately I am using Safari so that won't work for me. I have it on Firefox but I primarily use Safari on most days. It's weird how it just started. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Oh, did I mention I'm on a MAC? LOL

And for some reason my block pop up preference on Safari got taken off. Weird. I don't remember doing that. Well, at least that crappy pop up is now gone. Whoohooo.

Last edited by glenngineer: 07-30-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Tried something
Old
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Unfortunately I am using Safari so that won't work for me. I have it on Firefox but I primarily use Safari on most days. It's weird how it just started. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Oh, did I mention I'm on a MAC? LOL

And for some reason my block pop up preference on Safari got taken off. Weird. I don't remember doing that. Well, at least that crappy pop up is now gone. Whoohooo.
That's what I use at home (just got it a few weeks ago), but I still use Firefox.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:43 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
That's what I use at home (just got it a few weeks ago), but I still use Firefox.
And I came back to the site and guess what's back, the falling skies small pop up at the bottom of the screen. Ughhhhhh.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:29 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

I see it as a minor inconvenience, it's not uber aggressive like that stupid Ace Hardware ad that was on here a few weeks back.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Privy
Unregistered User

Quote:

You're looking for the Ad Block extension. You can find it at http://extensions.apple.com/. I'd also suggest ClickToFlash.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:55 AM
glenngineer

Thanks Privy. Hopefully that does it.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

A few of the Predators posters on this site are predicting another down year for the Predators.

I would like for them to do a straight comparison of this years roster to the one 2 years ago and tell me the biggest difference. I'd prefer it be kept at the team that actually played most of the year (before the playoff run additions).

I'll do mine shortly.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:38 AM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
A few of the Predators posters on this site are predicting another down year for the Predators.

I would like for them to do a straight comparison of this years roster to the one 2 years ago and tell me the biggest difference. I'd prefer it be kept at the team that actually played most of the year (before the playoff run additions).

I'll do mine shortly.
Er, Suter? That would be the biggest difference. The emergence of Josi is filling that hole, but left a gap on the second pairing. Hopefully Jones fills the second-pairing hole and solidifies the defensive depth on the team. If he does I think the team is back to being a playoff-caliber lineup. It remains to be seen if they can do more than that.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Er, Suter? That would be the biggest difference. The emergence of Josi is filling that hole, but left a gap on the second pairing. Hopefully Jones fills the second-pairing hole and solidifies the defensive depth on the team. If he does I think the team is back to being a playoff-caliber lineup. It remains to be seen if they can do more than that.
What I really want is a breakdown of each position.

While I'll agree Josi is a step down from Suter, is the pairing of Weber-Josi that much of a step down? I think on a whole, yes, but big enough to keep us in down 5 or more spots in the standings? I don't think so.

Look at the roster as a whole, then each position.

Centers
Fisher - Fisher
Legwand - Cullen
Smith - Legwand
Smithson - Gaustad
Spaling - Spaling

Left Wing
Erat - Forsberg
Kostitsyn - Stalberg
Bourque - Bourque
Tootoo - Smith
- - Hendricks