HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone going to the Kings or Ducks games?

Old
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
LiquidClown

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Anyone going to the Kings or Ducks games?

Finally get to see some live Ranger hockey out here. I'm going to both the Kings and Ducks games anyone else plan on going? I'm bringing my slr camera and I've got some pretty sweet center ice seats so I'll be posting some pictures later on this week.

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Finally get to see some live Ranger hockey out here. I'm going to both the Kings and Ducks games anyone else plan on going? I'm bringing my slr camera and I've got some pretty sweet center ice seats so I'll be posting some pictures later on this week.
Good for you...seems like a lot of Rangers fans were out for last nights game vs Phoenix. Get to see the Rangers play every other year basically so good for them. NYR fans were loud last night which was awesome, hopefully the same goes for the rest of the trip.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:13 PM
E-Train

Quote:
I'll be in LA tomorrow in section 110. First time seeing the Rangers on the road outside of the Island, NJ and Boston.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:59 PM
TrueBlue4life

Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
i'll be at both games.

TrueBlue4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Can't make my usual west coast trip this time around, normally I'd be at both games.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:19 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

how about San Jose? I'll be at that one.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 07:17 AM
shoothepuck

I'd like to see some of your posted pictures, if you can get some of those girls from your avitar topless.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:09 AM
LiquidClown

My girlfriend and I will be in 111 in LA and 224 (I missed out on my center ice tickets) at the Ducks game.
Feel free to stop by and say hello. I'll be in a Rags 3rd and my girl will be branded with a home Messier (at least for the LA game).

Looking forward to them! (well at least the Kings game)

Old
10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
TorontoSports

I should go to see the Rangers vs Sharks, but I have no one to accompany me

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandRanger View Post
I should go to see the Rangers vs Sharks, but I have no one to accompany me

No reason not to go to the game, even more reason actually. It's cheaper and alot easier to find yourself a really good seat than it is to find 2 or more together.

Back in my college years (ok it was only 3 years ago) I used to go to Lightning/Rags games all the time by myself, pay about $120 and sit center ice on the glass behind the bench.....

Go treat yourself!

Old
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I went to the kings game which was of course a disaster. I have seen the Kings play horrible for most of the season and then they turn in a performance like that

After seeing that game, I decieded to shell out for the Ducks Rangers game. I go to quite a few Ducks games, so if anyone has a questions just feel free to pm me. This game must go a lot better than last. I am going with my Ducks fan friend, and I will never hear the end of it if the Ducks win. Lets go Rangers!

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I went to the kings game which was of course a disaster. I have seen the Kings play horrible for most of the season and then they turn in a performance like that

After seeing that game, I decieded to shell out for the Ducks Rangers game. I go to quite a few Ducks games, so if anyone has a questions just feel free to pm me. This game must go a lot better than last. I am going with my Ducks fan friend, and I will never hear the end of it if the Ducks win. Lets go Rangers!
if weekes plays watch it be like 7-1 or something like that

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Choice

Quote:
No reason not to go to the game, even more reason actually. It's cheaper and alot easier to find yourself a really good seat than it is to find 2 or more together.

Back in my college years (ok it was only 3 years ago) I used to go to Lightning/Rags games all the time by myself, pay about $120 and sit center ice on the glass behind the bench.....

Go treat yourself!
Hell yeah! Its worth it to see the Rangers in a different arena. I did that in Buffalo when I was in college. Got a great seat for not much money, Buffalo fans were pretty friendly, it was awesome.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
LiquidClown

Well the game definitely sucked but I still had a great time, the Kings fans that I sat next to were all really cool and pretty educated when it came to hockey. I did get heckled a few times, one guy told me my bus was leaving....I thanked him for the information and told him that I really loved their WNBA championship banner hanging there and asked him what happened to their stanley cup banner at which point he mumbled to himself and kept walking hahaha.
I was also called "the most pleasant Rangers fan I've ever met" which was pretty funny.

I was a tad disappointed in the crowd however, I know they haven't had a lot to chear for in recent games but they only got loud right after a goal and then went back to almost silence it was wierd (I never experienced that even in Tampa or Sunrise), however when Jagr pushed Avery from behind for about 5 minutes the crowd was pretty deafining......so was that a dive? From my angle it really looked pretty dumb on Jagr's part and I thought he was going to the box for sure, although it was Avery so nothing suprises me I guess.

Hopefully the game tonight will at least be entertaining!

I'll post the pictures I took and will take tonight in a thread later on this week.

Oh one last note it was pretty cool, 2 rows directly in front of me was none other than Al Michaels...really wierd to see him at a HOCKEY game on a Monday night.

Old
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

LC I will be there tonight. In LV right now flying in later. Staying out by LAX and I am paranoid about socal traffic. Lots of horror stories. I think I am going to drive to anaheim early and find something to do till gametime.

I hate seeing the Rangers getting their backsides handed to them, but seeing how different fans act towards their teams is very intersting. The LAK crowd was far more diverse than any MSG crowd could be.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
how about San Jose? I'll be at that one.
I will be there tomorrow n8. I am getting in around 11a. Was wondering how long it would take to get to SF from SJ via Caltrain -> BART? Not exactly sure where I want to get to in SF (somewhere to walk around during the day) so maybe a recommendation?

Old
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
LC I will be there tonight. In LV right now flying in later. Staying out by LAX and I am paranoid about socal traffic. Lots of horror stories. I think I am going to drive to anaheim early and find something to do till gametime.

I hate seeing the Rangers getting their backsides handed to them, but seeing how different fans act towards their teams is very intersting. The LAK crowd was far more diverse than any MSG crowd could be.
Yeah man if you leave after 4 plan on one LONG drive. I'd go with driving either to anaheim or somewhere pretty close like Long Beach. I live and work here in L.B. I'll probably leave around 5:30-6 time frame...although I'll probably drive locally rather than take the freeways there.

Disney is pretty close to the Pond, you might stop at downtown, walk around or grab a bite to eat. Or go and do what everyone that comes to Cali should eat at the In and Out....mmmmmmm In and Out.....man I'm going to have to go there for lunch now.

It was pretty interesting seeing different fans......although from what I could see there still was ALOT of the "typical" LA personality there blech hahah.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah man if you leave after 4 plan on one LONG drive. I'd go with driving either to anaheim or somewhere pretty close like Long Beach. I live and work here in L.B. I'll probably leave around 5:30-6 time frame...although I'll probably drive locally rather than take the freeways there.

Disney is pretty close to the Pond, you might stop at downtown, walk around or grab a bite to eat. Or go and do what everyone that comes to Cali should eat at the In and Out....mmmmmmm In and Out.....man I'm going to have to go there for lunch now.

It was pretty interesting seeing different fans......although from what I could see there still was ALOT of the "typical" LA personality there blech hahah.
Thanks LC, I was thinking about going to Downtown Disney, but your recommendation seals it. I guess I will leave my LAX hotel around 3ish, which hopefully gets me there under an hour.

11-01-2006, 01:37 PM
LiquidClown

I don't know which route you plan on taking but if you can, you might want to avoid the 22, it's had some construction going on for a while now. The 91 is another option but can be tiresome as well.

What I think I might do would be the 105 east to the 605 north to the 5 south..... or substitute the 605 north with the 91 east however you may not want to listen to me......there's soo many different ways to get there, but if you leave around 3 you should be ok.

Old
11-02-2006, 01:30 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't know which route you plan on taking but if you can, you might want to avoid the 22, it's had some construction going on for a while now. The 91 is another option but can be tiresome as well.

What I think I might do would be the 105 east to the 605 north to the 5 south..... or substitute the 605 north with the 91 east however you may not want to listen to me......there's soo many different ways to get there, but if you leave around 3 you should be ok.
Turns out I didnt leave till around 415. I dont want to live here. Took 105 to 605 to 5 like you said. Got in the arena at 6.

Old
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Turns out I didnt leave till around 415. I dont want to live here. Took 105 to 605 to 5 like you said. Got in the arena at 6.
Yup that's LA/North Orange County for you. Glad you made it on time though, and what a game eh? That was just a really entertaining game to watch, and I've got to tip my hat to the Ducks Organization, very classy in every respect from my experience......the Pond (I'm not going to call it the other name) is an amazing arena, very well kept and just feels very cool. The pregame/intermissions were very well put together, the fans were very polite (even while shouting Rangers suck). Needless to say I was impressed, I feel they could have been a bit louder during certain parts of the game but whatever..

Pictures from this week coming soon!