HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 10:39 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreTheGovt View Post
Green roof. Small seedums and grass n' stuff. A special places where butterflies and insects can frolic.
Is it going to have to be cut?

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:45 AM
YouAreTheGovt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Is it going to have to be cut?
What was planted doesn't need to be cut. Inevitably other plants and seedlings will find there way up there and will need to have lawn maintenance. But the energy savings and water run off will save Nashvillians trillions of billions of dollars.

YouAreTheGovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 10:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

The roof you all are talking about is also shaped like the body of a guitar. Pretty cool

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 08:49 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post
Do you guys think it would be risky if I were to buy hotel and flights for a trip to Nashville without the guarantee of getting Preds tickets? Do you think i will have any difficulty getting tickets when they become available? Because the price of hotels and flights are only going to rise between now and January, so i wouldn't mind getting them booked as soon as possible.
I have a half season package in addition to my full. If I have the games you want on my half, I will message you and set those aside for you.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 04:42 PM
li7039

vCash: 915
Looking to come in for the Ranger game in November. Think that game will sell out? I know the Saturday night games here in New York are always a hot ticket. Think I'll have a problem going the ticketmaster route?

li7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
Looking to come in for the Ranger game in November. Think that game will sell out? I know the Saturday night games here in New York are always a hot ticket. Think I'll have a problem going the ticketmaster route?
you will be fine.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 06:53 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
You should be ok during football season, even on a Saturday night. However our attendance is doing much better than in days past, especially on weekend nights. Just don't wait until the day of and you will be ok though.

Old
07-27-2013, 06:23 PM
li7039

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Old
07-28-2013, 10:45 PM
li7039

Anyone ever go to Merchants before a game? Is there a dress code? Is arena dress okay (jeans, jersey, etc)?

Old
07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Anyone ever go to Merchants before a game? Is there a dress code? Is arena dress okay (jeans, jersey, etc)?
Yes and yes. They have a fancier dining room upstairs, but downstairs you would not be the only folks in hockey attire.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Preds33

For those interested in buying single game tickets, Ticketmaster now shows dates for when game tickets will go on sale.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Nashvill.../artist/805978

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 10:33 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
For those interested in buying single game tickets, Ticketmaster now shows dates for when game tickets will go on sale.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Nashvill.../artist/805978
I read today that the front office has decided to try to "keep the red out" for the home games against Chicago by making all who buy single game tickets buy an additional ticket to another non-Chicago game. Another idea mentioned was allowing single game tickets to be sold to selected zip codes only.

Needless to say, 'hawk fans aren't happy.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 01:52 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I read today that the front office has decided to try to "keep the red out" for the home games against Chicago by making all who buy single game tickets buy an additional ticket to another non-Chicago game. Another idea mentioned was allowing single game tickets to be sold to selected zip codes only.

Too bad. Other teams do that. I know Washington won't sell to certain zip codes when the Penguins go down to DC.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post

I have seen this type thing done in other sports. It sucks but there isn't much you can do about it. Chicagoland Speedway used to (I don't know if they still do) only sell a season pass and not individual race tickets. It kinda sucks but if it cuts down on the number of Chicago fans (Although I believe they are closet Chicago fans) that show up at the games I am all for it.

Old
08-14-2013, 10:12 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Fine by me.

Old
08-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Hopefully this leads to more Season Tickets sold ... get your **** in gear fans

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Byrddog

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/8...ackhawks-games

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
sighthndlady

Smart marketing!

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 07:31 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

My only concern: if I wanted to just go to a Preds game - any one over a weekend where I'd be off - I might get "forced" to buy two tickets because I happen to be in a Zip Code that would scream either "Blackhawks fanbase" or "Wild fanbase".

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
My only concern: if I wanted to just go to a Preds game - any one over a weekend where I'd be off - I might get "forced" to buy two tickets because I happen to be in a Zip Code that would scream either "Blackhawks fanbase" or "Wild fanbase".
The rule for 2 games does not apply to zip code. The zip code only affects pre-sale. Everyone has to get 2 tickets if it is a blackhawks game.

Old
08-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Nitrous Mafia

wow that is so awesome. anybody have any links to hawks fans melting over this?

edit: espn article has chicago melts left and right in the comments section

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...lackhawks-fans

Last edited by Nitrous Mafia: 08-14-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Datsyukian Deke

I personally think the Preds are doing more harm than good by doing this in my opinion. What I mean is, you're taking away money from the city & the state from the number of away fans that would normally attend the game in the terms of hotel costs, restaurants, bars, gift shops downtown, parking, etc...that they would normally spend when visiting here, possibly for the first time.

I get it that they want as many of their own fans as possible...but this is hardly the way to go about it.

Datsyukian Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyukian Deke View Post
I personally think the Preds are doing more harm than good by doing this in my opinion. What I mean is, you're taking away money from the city & the state from the number of away fans that would normally attend the game in the terms of hotel costs, restaurants, bars, gift shops downtown, parking, etc...that they would normally spend when visiting here, possibly for the first time.

I get it that they want as many of their own fans as possible...but this is hardly the way to go about it.
And your suggestion for accomplishing what they are trying to do is?

Old
08-15-2013, 10:29 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyukian Deke View Post

I doubt this stops many travelling Hawks fans from coming to Nashville this season. Nosebleeds were $99 in Chicago last time they won the Cup. Tickets for two games in Nashville, plus travel and lodging, are not going to run as much as good seats at the United Center this season. It may be the only way the hordes of counterfeit jersey wearing Hawks fans can see their team play live this year.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Datsyukian Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
And your suggestion for accomplishing what they are trying to do is?
I'm not claiming to have the definitive solution here, but at the same time...the Preds organization has to be kidding themselves thinking that if they restrict away fans from buying tickets without buying another game, that the locals are just gonna gobble up the remainders no? I just don't get cutting off a part of the life blood of revenue from out of town guests willing to spend money in this state. It's almost like the morons who select the teams for the Music City Bowl every year and a lot of the times pick a local team instead of inviting more out of town tax dollars and money from other states.

This is a good hockey market, with a horrible TV contract deal and little to no publicity from the local media outlets (TV and radio) where they need it the most. If I were the Preds...that's the first thing they need to fix, even though they haven't cared to address it after 15 years...here's hoping.

Datsyukian Deke is offline   Reply With Quote