*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67's 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 10:56 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard leublond View Post
Don't think Defense will be a concern, they seem to have that area covered with Middleton, Duschene, Henley and Lintuniemi and Sloboda just to start. Offense will be key and goal tending as well. Konecny and Salituro along with Gustavson or Blandisi will need to gel quick, score quick and repeat. They'll contend for a playoff spot though, I predict a surprising season for the 67's and think they may just bring their A game.
Ottawa"s defense is very green,3 of the 5 guys u mentioned are rookies,no doubt a problem because of inexperience and youth not talent and or potential

Old
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
gerard leublond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Ottawa"s defense is very green,3 of the 5 guys u mentioned are rookies,no doubt a problem because of inexperience and youth not talent and or potential
clearly the 3 out of the 5 you're referring to may be young but not young and dumb. They indeed have more talent and potential than some of the veterans on the team. Last season proves that and that was with Monahan. The "rookies" will bring more to the table than you anticipate as will Konecny, another "rookie".

Old
07-26-2013, 06:56 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
clearly the 3 out of the 5 you're referring to may be young but not young and dumb. They indeed have more talent and potential than some of the veterans on the team. Last season proves that and that was with Monahan. The "rookies" will bring more to the table than you anticipate as will Konecny, another "rookie".
In another post I expect Konecny to have an immediate impact for Ottawa,as for your comment re the young D,there is a difference between inexperience and dumb,the
OHL will swallow up youngsters if they dont have the guidance of vets and valuable ice time
To expect instant success is dumb,patience and understanding the league is the key,
not unrealistic expectations out of the gate,5 kids on the back end is great,but this league is dominated mostly by 18-20 year olds mostly not 16-17 years olds getting their
1st taste of action especially on D

Old
07-26-2013, 07:22 AM
dirk

67s Signings

I noticed the 67s signed two more forwards yesterday...how many forwards do they now have under contract now? It looks like they have a wack of forwards in the fold..

Old
07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Johnsb

Not all players signed will play on the team this year. Not a lot different from most teams. Get them signed and in a few games.

Old
07-26-2013, 11:47 AM
defensehockey19

Do 67 fans think it would be smart to move Blandisi if Monahan is back? Might as well get younger cause he is 19 and wont be around for Ottawa's next playoff push.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Do 67 fans think it would be smart to move Blandisi if Monahan is back? Might as well get younger cause he is 19 and wont be around for Ottawa's next playoff push.
Potentially, although I don't expect any moves at the beginning of the season. They'll wait till the deadline most likely.

Old
07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
gerard leublond

Quote:
In another post I expect Konecny to have an immediate impact for Ottawa,as for your comment re the young D,there is a difference between inexperience and dumb,the
OHL will swallow up youngsters if they dont have the guidance of vets and valuable ice time
To expect instant success is dumb,patience and understanding the league is the key,
not unrealistic expectations out of the gate,5 kids on the back end is great,but this league is dominated mostly by 18-20 year olds mostly not 16-17 years olds getting their
1st taste of action especially on D
Agree with you to an extent, however, my point was the veteran defensemen that I didn't name in the previous post ie: Desuatels, Davis, Guy, Vlajkov; may be the "older / experienced" players, yet they are not quite the stud leaders for the "rookies" to model their game after. They did nothing for the team last season, as my wife and I were at every home game and witnessed inexperience first hand. Age has nothing to do with what you can bring to the table, I think McDavid is the prime example of that. The rookie d core will be better and bring much more despite a 2 or 3 year age difference. Middleton, Duschene and possibly Vlajkov would be the vets to guide the rookies, and that makes six defense right there..doesn't appear green to me at all. Don't think the disappointment will be on defense.

Old
07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Agree with you to an extent, however, my point was the veteran defensemen that I didn't name in the previous post ie: Desuatels, Davis, Guy, Vlajkov; may be the "older / experienced" players, yet they are not quite the stud leaders for the "rookies" to model their game after. They did nothing for the team last season, as my wife and I were at every home game and witnessed inexperience first hand. Age has nothing to do with what you can bring to the table, I think McDavid is the prime example of that. The rookie d core will be better and bring much more despite a 2 or 3 year age difference. Middleton, Duschene and possibly Vlajkov would be the vets to guide the rookies, and that makes six defense right there..doesn't appear green to me at all. Don't think the disappointment will be on defense.
Respectfully disagree,age does matter in the OHL along with experience,MacDavid is an exception not a rule,15 or 16 year olds rarely dominate,especially on D,and the 3 vets u mentioned have 4 years combined exp,and only 1 with 2 years.
Ottawa returns the lowest pts from the D in the OHL this coming season 42,with only 12 goals,Windsor and Erie have 35 and 34 goals returning from the D as an example and both teams failed to make the playoffs like ottawa,in fact both teams ave nearly triple the amt of pts returning from the D,Windsor has 130 pts and Erie 119
They need to add offense from the D to help the forwards score and 3 rookies wiont do it
Its okay to put youngsters in the lineup u need to blend off and def type together
To expect immediate or better success from a rookie laden def corps is setting yourself up to disappointment
Rebuilds take time

Old
07-27-2013, 12:20 AM
gerard leublond

Quote:
Respectfully disagree,age does matter in the OHL along with experience,MacDavid is an exception not a rule,15 or 16 year olds rarely dominate,especially on D,and the 3 vets u mentioned have 4 years combined exp,and only 1 with 2 years.
Ottawa returns the lowest pts from the D in the OHL this coming season 42,with only 12 goals,Windsor and Erie have 35 and 34 goals returning from the D as an example and both teams failed to make the playoffs like ottawa,in fact both teams ave nearly triple the amt of pts returning from the D,Windsor has 130 pts and Erie 119
They need to add offense from the D to help the forwards score and 3 rookies wiont do it
Its okay to put youngsters in the lineup u need to blend off and def type together
To expect immediate or better success from a rookie laden def corps is setting yourself up to disappointment
Rebuilds take time
Agree to disagree> rebuilds do take time which is why your idea of rookies being guided by the vet defense is not the smartest go about. Did see your post on the other thread about pts for Ottawa being 42 with 12 goals, and that is a simplified result of "inexperience regardless of the 4 yr total"! That just means it's a total of 4 years of non-productivity combined into 1 non-productive season. Maybe consider the totals of the rookies productivity in a course of one season, (let's just say last season for s and g's), combine their totals and then add in their capabilities and talent on top of what the OHL (a developmental league) will give them..and then you have a "youngster", as you say, with talent and learning high level production. Not guidance from vets who didn't even have a lot of talent. Coaches need something to work with, these rookies have the talent coming in and will be generating or producing goals> won't be disappointing imo.

Old
07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
defensehockey19

To Ottawa:
H.Racine, A.Robinson, 2 2nds

To Ptbo:
J.Blandisi

What do 67 fans think about this?

Racine and Robinson are two top Jr.A propsects both from the Ottawa area. Plus the picks.

Blandisi gives the Petes a much needed top 6 scorer.

Old
07-27-2013, 12:22 PM
AuraSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
How is Duchesne, the guy lives on my street, we were friends in middle school and him and his dad helped build my basketball net just 2 years ago ahha XD

His younger brother (who plays for the Marlboros) plays street hockey with me everyday

Ik he's eligable for draft next year, but is he any good to make the draft?
no one replied so i'm just gonna move this up

Old
07-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Johnsb

Anyone close to the team hearing of any moves close to being made?

Old
07-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Wow, I know a lot about Racine and Robinson.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:52 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Wow, I know a lot about Racine and Robinson.
Racine scored 20 in Jr.A as a 16 year old. Robinson made Petes out of camp but was injured and never made his way back. Both had numerous NCAA offers...

Old
08-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Robik Karlner
Rookie User

If anybody has the time, they should write a detailed rundown of the 67's current players (probably closer to the start of the season) so that people know what to expect from them this 2013-14 season!

I know that I don't know much about them since 2 seasons ago, and I'm sure they're a completely different team now that they're rebuilding after a HORRIBLE season in 2013.

Old
08-08-2013, 08:56 PM
sirius67fan

Wow,pretty quiet week on the 67's front.In view of all the players they have signed I expected some moves after the trade freeze ended. IMO guys like brown, walsh, davis, desautel,guy might lose in the numbers game as good talent is coming in.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
NHL Fanatic

6'6 Giant Tyler Hill commits to the 67s

Old
08-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Johnsb

Yes Giant, but can he play?

Old
08-14-2013, 09:25 AM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsb View Post
Yes Giant, but can he play?
He's pretty good. Raw tools. If he matures right he could be a monster at 19/20. Had D1 offers

Old
08-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Johnsb

Where were the D1 offers.

Old
08-14-2013, 12:54 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsb View Post
Where were the D1 offers.
I remember hearing that ECAC schools were mostly interested.

Old
08-14-2013, 08:42 PM
sittlerera

3 years, 2 years, last year, great example

Old
08-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Johnsb

Any rumors regarding trades? With all the signings so far something will need to give. I can't see them just realising players from last year to go where they wish.

On another board someone is talking about gearing up for 2017. really!! A 5 year rebuild? Come on.

Old
08-16-2013, 08:40 AM
defensehockey19

Whats the projected lineup like now? (Without Monahan)

Closed Thread