HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drozdetsky may be signed now?

Old
10-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Chainsaw

vCash: 500
Drozdetsky may be signed now?

I know it's a long shot but with Holmgren now the GM can we have a chance at signing Drozdetsky now? Roman Malek would be nice too!

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Jester

why would Holmgren change that?

we don't have Malek's rights... and i don't want him.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 09:37 PM
IceHot

Re:

I've been on that call to bring those guys in for a while and we see what not having them has done for the team, so I don't know how people can complain about players who performed well in harder leagues then our ahl and out performed in those leagues our guys we bring up from the AHL.
Malakh can steal games in net.

Droz could also make a great player on a team with space and playing time to allow him to showcase his talent.
Florida is one team I mentioned last time I brought this up.
I would love to pry Mike Van Ryne from them and noticed he isn't getting the heavy playing minutes many other defensemen are there.
Droz, Umberger, and Jones for Van Ryne and a prospect RW/LW or pick would entice them.

IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
I've been on that call to bring those guys in for a while and we see what not having them has done for the team, so I don't know how people can complain about players who performed well in harder leagues then our ahl and out performed in those leagues our guys we bring up from the AHL.
Malakh can steal games in net.

Droz could also make a great player on a team with space and playing time to allow him to showcase his talent.
Florida is one team I mentioned last time I brought this up.
I would love to pry Mike Van Ryne from them and noticed he isn't getting the heavy playing minutes many other defensemen are there.
Droz, Umberger, and Jones for Van Ryne and a prospect RW/LW or pick would entice them.
I'd do it in a minute

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
why would Holmgren change that?
Holmgren has been on record listing Drozdetsky as one of our top 3-5 prospects.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Kaktus*

I do not see why not.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
Holmgren has been on record listing Drozdetsky as one of our top 3-5 prospects.
When, like 3 years ago?

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
When, like 3 years ago?
No, it was last spring, when he did his prospect update.

And they can't sign Drozdetsky until next year anyway, as he would have to clear waivers before he could join the club - assuming he wanted to (which is a big assumption). They could sign him and try it, but I'm sure Vancouver or someone else would sign him out of spite (just playing by the rules!).

The rest of the league is happy to see the Flyers tanking, they aren't going to help us by letting prospects slip through waivers.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The rest of the league is happy to see the Flyers tanking, they aren't going to help us by letting prospects slip through waivers.

What do you base this statement on?

I can accept that many fans, especially those awesome hardcore fans at HF might like it, but saying the rest of the league must mean that the other teams' players and staff are happy about it?

And why would they be happy?

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
What do you base this statement on?

I can accept that many fans, especially those awesome hardcore fans at HF might like it, but saying the rest of the league must mean that the other teams' players and staff are happy about it?

And why would they be happy?
Oh the other managers who Bobby Clarke has ticked off and the players on teams like Pittsburgh that have been beaten by the Flyers for decades are enjoying it for sure. Why wouldn't they? Don't we love it when the Rangers stink? I'm sure long time Flyer players do too. For one, it makes your job easier, and opens up opportunities for you to go there next year as a high priced UFA.

The GMs are lining up to fleece Holmgren. Did you read where he said the other GMs are calling to congratulate him on the job, and asking for Carter while they're at it?

[Found it: http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...76/1002/SPORTS

Q: Bob Clarke said he often asked you to take over responsibilities normally reserved for a general manager. How is your relationship with other GMs in the league?

A: Hockey is a pretty tight community. I know a lot of guys in those roles.

Some of them called wishing me luck and, "Oh, by the way, can you trade us (Jeff) Carter?" That's going to happen when you're losing. For me, that's an important part of the job, to stay connected. If I talk to one GM, I might find out through him what somebody else is doing.]

The joy of all the hockey commentators in the Flyers temporary(?) demise is palpable here, on the following channels: TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, CTV, Citytv, Global TV, NHL Network and in all the newspapers and radio programs too.

Everyone hates the Flyers, so they all love seeing them lose.

I'm sure there are chuckles in the Lindros household, among others.....

Last edited by Larry44: 10-30-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
No, it was last spring, when he did his prospect update.

And they can't sign Drozdetsky until next year anyway, as he would have to clear waivers before he could join the club - assuming he wanted to (which is a big assumption). They could sign him and try it, but I'm sure Vancouver or someone else would sign him out of spite (just playing by the rules!).

I am pretty sure the Canucks would not offer on Droz...if they did I am pretty sure they would be over the cap.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:10 PM
blah

I think other managers are too concerned with their own teams to be worrying about how the Flyers are doing. I'm sure the homers at those Canadian TV stations you listed are enjoying this though.

As far as liking when other teams are horrible I guess it depends on the team. I could care less about teams like Pittsburgh, but I have to say I miss those wars with the Leafs, especially in the playoffs.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Chainsaw

id take any draft pick for Droz right now cause otherwise we get nothing

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:08 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
You're wrong here

Drozdetsky can't be signed until next summer, because the trasferwindow is closed. Only RFA's can be signed outside of the transferwindow, if they have an outclause for the NHL, and than, if they played regular games after the start of the NHL season, they have to go through waivers (Bergenheim qualifies here).

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
You're wrong here

Drozdetsky can't be signed until next summer, because the trasferwindow is closed. Only RFA's can be signed outside of the transferwindow, if they have an outclause for the NHL, and than, if they played regular games after the start of the NHL season, they have to go through waivers (Bergenheim qualifies here).
I think you're both wrong. He can't be signed until next year/summer, and then he'd have to pass through waivers to make it to the Flyers.

I've been away too long. What the heck is "vCash," and can I buy anything with 500 "vCash?"

stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 09:25 PM
MojoJojo

Vcash is a betting system

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
I think you're both wrong. He can't be signed until next year/summer, and then he'd have to pass through waivers to make it to the Flyers.
No, that's wrong. He doesn't have to pass through waivers.

He is in the same ship as Mikhnov or Kaygorodov was before this season, he was drafted some years ago and was never signed to a NHL contract. If he signs, he gets the standard NHL-Entry-Level-Contract, the same 2-Way-Contract Downie and Bartulis signed this summer with the Flyers.

Last edited by Rick Deckard: 11-02-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Oh the other managers who Bobby Clarke has ticked off and the players on teams like Pittsburgh that have been beaten by the Flyers for decades are enjoying it for sure. Why wouldn't they? Don't we love it when the Rangers stink? I'm sure long time Flyer players do too. For one, it makes your job easier, and opens up opportunities for you to go there next year as a high priced UFA.

The GMs are lining up to fleece Holmgren. Did you read where he said the other GMs are calling to congratulate him on the job, and asking for Carter while they're at it?

[Found it: http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...76/1002/SPORTS

Q: Bob Clarke said he often asked you to take over responsibilities normally reserved for a general manager. How is your relationship with other GMs in the league?

A: Hockey is a pretty tight community. I know a lot of guys in those roles.

Some of them called wishing me luck and, "Oh, by the way, can you trade us (Jeff) Carter?" That's going to happen when you're losing. For me, that's an important part of the job, to stay connected. If I talk to one GM, I might find out through him what somebody else is doing.]

The joy of all the hockey commentators in the Flyers temporary(?) demise is palpable here, on the following channels: TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, CTV, Citytv, Global TV, NHL Network and in all the newspapers and radio programs too.

Everyone hates the Flyers, so they all love seeing them lose.

I'm sure there are chuckles in the Lindros household, among others.....
thanks for your amzing post, the same thing can be said about the leafs, sens, rangers..etc etc etc...if you dont like them, you obviously love seeing them lose, dumbass

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote