Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Parrish

Old
10-19-2006, 09:32 AM
GRETZKY_99

vCash: 500
Parrish

Why is Parrish playing on the third line ??

He would create more offense on the first line with gaborik and Demitra...

Seing how useless he has been playing on a third line, is killing me.

Apart from his good play in front of goalies on the PP (screnning them)... he has done nothing...

Seriously, put him on a good offensive line, this guy is a 25+ goals per season!

GRETZKY_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Shakeywalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRETZKY_99 View Post
Why is Parrish playing on the third line ??

He would create more offense on the first line with gaborik and Demitra...
He isn't. He's playing on the 1st line with Gaborik/Demitra. Although so far, I don't think they're really clicking together real well. Hopefully that'll change.

Shakeywalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Also, this is still Lemaire defense stlye game. Lemaire wants to put a forward who is a two-way forward with good defenisive skills as well as offensive so that the Slovak Duo can do their offensive run and gun game without being caught on a 2-1 or 3-1 rush.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Jbcraig1883

In my opinion, Parrish hasn't done much on first line because Gabby and Demitra play a run and gun style. They haven't had too many goal from cycling. Unfortunately, Parrish has to try to keep up with two of the swiftest skaters. I think Lemaire is having a hard time finding a third member for the 1st line without breaking up the second line or even the third line of veillieux-koivu-radio, which has been a great grinding line. I wouldn't mind seeing Koivu centering Demitra and Gabby a few times, though.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Shakeywalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
In my opinion, Parrish hasn't done much on first line because Gabby and Demitra play a run and gun style. They haven't had too many goal from cycling. Unfortunately, Parrish has to try to keep up with two of the swiftest skaters. I think Lemaire is having a hard time finding a third member for the 1st line without breaking up the second line or even the third line of veillieux-koivu-radio, which has been a great grinding line. I wouldn't mind seeing Koivu centering Demitra and Gabby a few times, though.
Well said.

I too have been calling for Koivu on the 1st line since we aquired Demitra. IMO, it's a perfect fit.

Let Walz center the Radio/Vellieux line.

Shakeywalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeywalton View Post
I too have been calling for Koivu on the 1st line since we aquired Demitra. IMO, it's a perfect fit.
Ditto that.

Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
wukwinn

Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
Ditto that.
Worth a shot.

wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
GRETZKY_99

I'm a big Parrish fan and I wonder if his low production is the result of an actuel lack of chemistry with his linemates or is it something else ?

Do you think he will bounce back big time and score those important goals in front of the net, just like he used to do with NYI ???

How many points and goals do you think he will get this year, despite a very slow start (2 points in 11 games)... ???

GRETZKY_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:05 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRETZKY_99 View Post
I'm a big Parrish fan and I wonder if his low production is the result of an actuel lack of chemistry with his linemates or is it something else ?

Do you think he will bounce back big time and score those important goals in front of the net, just like he used to do with NYI ???

How many points and goals do you think he will get this year, despite a very slow start (2 points in 11 games)... ???

I like Parrish as well, and here's my theory. Wild just isn't his team. Wild's offense lives on turnovers and quick transition, resulting in odd-man rushes. We rarely establish long periods of pressure in the offensive zone, because once the fast break opportunity ends, it's time for the forwards to think defense and drop back a bit, leaving just one forechecker deep in the zone. That's not Parrish's game. He needs a puck-control team that can sustain offensive pressure, to have time to plant himself in the crease and shovel garbage. With the Wild, by the time he gets to his "office", the other team gets back defensively, and our forwards pull out. Actually, I think he fits better on the 3rd-4th lines, because they play more of a cycling game, and that suits Parrish perfectly. Problem is, they don't score that much, so his offensive numbers suffer either way. Even if you look at our history, the Wild have never had a "true" power forward. Jason Wiemer was supposed to be that, but failed. Jeremy Stevenson had mild success, but wasn't talented enough overall to stay. I guess you could put Brunette in the power forward category, he did score a lot of garbage goals, but his main strenght was setting up goals from behind the net. Power forwards just don't fit in well with Lemaire's style IMO.

But that's only as far as 5-on-5 goes. I'm starting to get a little disappointed by his lack of PP production, though. That's where he should thrive, but he isn't. Granted, our PP as a whole has been non-existent lately, so it's not fair to blame it on Parrish.

vitogor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I think Parrish would have done better had he stayed in L.A. You guys are just too fast for him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I think Parrish would have done better had he stayed in L.A. You guys are just too fast for him.
i wanted sather to sign him, hed help the rangers pp right now, great one slats.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 03:17 PM
The Big E

I agree that Parrish doesn't fit in ... yet. Mark's a solid pro. At a minimum, he's good at screening the goalie. We know he's got great hands, so its a matter of time before he gets some redirections for goals. He's had a number of opportunities for garbage goals, but none have gone in. That's the nature of garbage goals.

Other people who've watched him over the years (Islander fans mostly) have commented that his goals come in bunches.

As for fitting in on a line, I'd say if there was a sniper on the line with him and Koivu, he'd get more goals. I think would eventually be good on the Demitra-Gaborik line cuz D&G don't need a third linemate ... it seems like they're psychically connected at times, they just need someone to keep one opposing player from defending against them. With Mark parked in front of the net, there's a D-man out of D&G's way.

I've seen Mark grind and he dig the puck out of the corners. He can do it. I agree that he works better with players that cycle. D&G can play possession hockey in the opponents zone. Gabbie hasn't been out that long has he that we've forgotten how they play together?

You are right that D&G will leave Parrish far behind on a fast break. Hey ... that's okay ... he can be the late-man arriving ... yea ... that's the ticket.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
I agree that Parrish doesn't fit in ... yet. Mark's a solid pro. At a minimum, he's good at screening the goalie. We know he's got great hands, so its a matter of time before he gets some redirections for goals. He's had a number of opportunities for garbage goals, but none have gone in. That's the nature of garbage goals.

Other people who've watched him over the years (Islander fans mostly) have commented that his goals come in bunches.

As for fitting in on a line, I'd say if there was a sniper on the line with him and Koivu, he'd get more goals. I think would eventually be good on the Demitra-Gaborik line cuz D&G don't need a third linemate ... it seems like they're psychically connected at times, they just need someone to keep one opposing player from defending against them. With Mark parked in front of the net, there's a D-man out of D&G's way.

I've seen Mark grind and he dig the puck out of the corners. He can do it. I agree that he works better with players that cycle. D&G can play possession hockey in the opponents zone. Gabbie hasn't been out that long has he that we've forgotten how they play together?

You are right that D&G will leave Parrish far behind on a fast break. Hey ... that's okay ... he can be the late-man arriving ... yea ... that's the ticket.

The Big E
Parrish is streaky, and he tends to start slow. I'm fairly confident he'll be a solid goal scorer for Minn. I'm not at all surprised thought that he began the season quietly.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:05 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
I JL is trying to see some Andrew Brunette in him because both can protect the puck well. But, JL isn't happy with his playmaking because he expects guys who can hold the puck for a long time should also be capable of making good plays/passes. The theory is that these kinds of guys draw the defence to them which creates and opening for a teammate.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote