Old
07-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Prospect Poll #14

Smith-Pelly takes it.

Updated rankings here.

Last edited by Spicy Porkins: 07-27-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Went Sorenson here

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
I think it's Sorensen or Roy for me. Roy has great upside but is a bigger risk where as Sorensen should be a quality player if his development doesn't keep getting stalled by injuries.

Wagner and Welinski are two other guys who I would consider for this spot.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 01:18 AM
JeffShibley

Friberg again, hes a good one...looking to be a little under rated here...still surprised Smith-Pelly won the last one with how bad he was last season...but hopefully he bounces back like it seems a lot of people think/hope.

JeffShibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 07:34 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Going with this Laganiere guy. Seems to have a decent potential and could even play in NHL next season or season after that.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:41 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
All alone with my O'Brien pick.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Sorensen then Roy.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Exit Dose

I think if people had watched a bit of Roy, they wouldn't be so quick to blow his numbers out of proportion. It's not just his height that he has to work against.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 07-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Sorensen again, then probably Friberg or Laganiere.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
All alone with my O'Brien pick.
I'm with ya bro. The next Sean O'Donnell.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 05:47 PM
TesseracT
Mister Babadook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think if people had watched a bit of Roy, they wouldn't be so quick to blow his numbers out of proportion. It's not just his height that he has to work against.
Could you elaborate on this a bit? I watched him every weekend last season and I'm sure what you're getting at. Northeastern finished last in Hockey East. Roy didn't have all that much support around him and often had to take matters into his own hands. Evidence of this is his hat trick in the opening game of the Beanpot Tourny.

TesseracT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Bixby View Post
Could you elaborate on this a bit? I watched him every weekend last season and I'm sure what you're getting at. Northeastern finished last in Hockey East. Roy didn't have all that much support around him and often had to take matters into his own hands. Evidence of this is his hat trick in the opening game of the Beanpot Tourny.
You can't look at the success at the lower level and expect that to be what it's going to be at the next level. You have to look at the tools and see which of those will help him at the higher levels. Right now, I see an elite set of hands, a bit of leadership, and a solid work ethic. I don't see the skating. I don't see the IQ. Even if he was taller those things would worry me.

Watch that hat trick again. Is he really taking matters into his own hands? I saw Kerdiles do that in Wisconsin. I didn't see Roy do that at Northeastern. Hell, in that conference, I saw Gaudreau do that, and it wasn't just about supporting cast. Your supporting cast may up your points, but you are still responsible for the performance. I'd still put a guy like Gaudreau behind a few of the guys that we have left.

Old
07-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

This one is tough. I went with Sorenson because of shiny new toy syndrome.

I could see cases being made for any of Roy, Laganiere, Welinski, Friberg, Wagner, Thompson and O'brien.

Some really decent prospects are going to be left off our top-20, it's kind of ridiculous.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
TesseracT
Mister Babadook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You can't look at the success at the lower level and expect that to be what it's going to be at the next level. You have to look at the tools and see which of those will help him at the higher levels. Right now, I see an elite set of hands, a bit of leadership, and a solid work ethic. I don't see the skating. I don't see the IQ. Even if he was taller those things would worry me.

Watch that hat trick again. Is he really taking matters into his own hands? I saw Kerdiles do that in Wisconsin. I didn't see Roy do that at Northeastern. Hell, in that conference, I saw Gaudreau do that, and it wasn't just about supporting cast. Your supporting cast may up your points, but you are still responsible for the performance. I'd still put a guy like Gaudreau behind a few of the guys that we have left.
The goals he scored on the hat trick were definitely opportunistic. But if you watch the whole game you'll see he worked his ass off to get himself in position to score those goals. Roy did the best anybody could do at NU with what's going on in the program. Supporters of the NU program want the head coach gone along with the athletic director. It's a rough time to be a player or fan of the Huskies program at the moment. Kerdiles and Johnny G are in programs that are light years ahead of NU in terms of talent on the ice and behind the bench. Neither of those players could have made a bigger impact than Roy did at NU.

I think Sorenson and Roy are around the same skill level but I firmly believe Roy has the skill-set to be ranked @ #14 or 15 when compared with the rest of the players left.

TesseracT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Exit Dose

I did watch the whole game. I saw him play several games with NU and Canada. What I'm talking about was there before he ever set foot on the ice in Northeastern. He's a good college player, but he hasn't shown the toolkit of with pro-potential, yet. His situation is still built on the hypothetical emergence of those tools along the developmental path. There are still a few players on this list that have already had that happen for them, and are now being looked at for the toolbox. Guys like Wagner and Laganiere are in that boat. They don't have sexy numbers to go with their play. Yet for some reason one of them was ranked ahead of Roy by THN, in the top ten no less.

Old
07-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I've got Wagner here.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote