HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bogosian to Flyers

Old
07-27-2013, 11:54 AM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

vCash: 500
Bogosian to Flyers

As for who/what we are trading away, I don't know.

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Jets probably ask for Voracek.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Voracek too much, B. Schenn would be fair I guess?

Old
07-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

This a rumor or just speculation?

Sorry on my phone so can't see everything

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
laundryman

Not worth what it would cost

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPEKKAble View Post
My guess is that they would try to move Byfuglien before they would Bogosian. Bogosian & Trouba are two very nice young pieces on the backend for the Jets going forward.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:30 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
I know some people don't think this matters but trading away just one of the Schenns is a bad idea in my opinion, especially after a 48 game season. Trading one brother would just make the other one quite upset I would Imagine. The only way I would go after Bogosian is something like Coburn + Read + maybe Laughton or a lesser prospect or pick. Even that I would hesitate doing and I know Winnipeg fans won't like that.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:31 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
My guess is that they would try to move Byfuglien before they would Bogosian. Bogosian & Trouba are two very nice young pieces on the backend for the Jets going forward.
Agreed, just throwing it out there because he is still unsigned and his arbitration date is approaching.

Old
07-27-2013, 12:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
This a rumor or just speculation?

Sorry on my phone so can't see everything
Speculation sadly.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:38 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
I know some people don't think this matters but trading away just one of the Schenns is a bad idea in my opinion, especially after a 48 game season. Trading one brother would just make the other one quite upset I would Imagine. The only way I would go after Bogosian is something like Coburn + Read + maybe Laughton or a lesser prospect or pick. Even that I would hesitate doing and I know Winnipeg fans won't like that.
The value of Bogosian on the Jets board someone says is an established young center which could also just be a young established forward. Would you consider Read "young"?

Old
07-27-2013, 12:40 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
The value of Bogosian on the Jets board someone says is an established young center which could also just be a young established forward. Would you consider Read "young"?
on HFBoards, anyone over the age of 25 is old

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:44 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
on HFBoards, anyone over the age of 25 is old
I see

Old
07-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Prongo
Beer

If I'm trading schenn to the jets, call me crazy but I'm asking for Kane in return. Of course we would add, but man would be help give giroux a young star forward to build around. We have enough defenders right now anyway, and I don't think they would take one of our more expensive pieces(Coburn or mez) in return anyway.

Kane played the pk as well up there and would give us a great 1-2 with g on even strength and pk.

Schenn
2nd rounder
The prospect part is the difficult one, it would probably have to be one of hagg/ghost/morin. That would be my order in which I would trade one as well

Of course they don't do it

Old
07-27-2013, 01:13 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
If I'm trading schenn to the jets, call me crazy but I'm asking for Kane in return. Of course we would add, but man would be help give giroux a young star forward to build around. We have enough defenders right now anyway, and I don't think they would take one of our more expensive pieces(Coburn or mez) in return anyway.

Kane played the pk as well up there and would give us a great 1-2 with g on even strength and pk.

Schenn
2nd rounder
The prospect part is the difficult one, it would probably have to be one of hagg/ghost/morin. That would be my order in which I would trade one as well

Of course they don't do it
Yea man Kane is a monster, puts up almost 60 points in 2012 at 20. I would definitely take him.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:15 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

"- True #1 Center, or high end prospect near ready(Mackinnon, Barkov, Bjugstad, etc..)
- If Wheeler is traded and no #1c is coming back(because Little would play RW), we need a top 6 RW
- #4 LHD
- Above average starting goaltender, or high end prospect near NHL ready
- 1st rounders
- LHD prospects
- RW prospects

What we don't need:
- RHD or RHD prospects
- top 6 LW (Ladd and Kane were 4th and 16th in LW points respectively, and Kane did it without linemates)
- Bottom 6 players, except maybe for 3rd line LW"

~Jets board

Old
07-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Yea man Kane is a monster, puts up almost 60 points in 2012 at 20. I would definitely take him.
Yep, I'm pretty sure there was some rumors around the draft or maybe during the trade deadline he could be had also in the right trade. We trade schenn who is a natural center for a natural winger. I wouldn't even mind throwing in our first rounder from this year, even if its here.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I would pass on Kane. He's a total head case. Good player but not worth the extra baggage.

I don't think him or Bogosian are available though so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-27-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old
07-27-2013, 01:29 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
I would pass on Kane. He's a total head case. Good player but not worth the extra baggage.

I don't think him or Bogosian is available though so it's kind of a moot point anyway.
If Bogosian goes to arbitration there is the good possibility things wont go well and he may be dealt.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
If Bogosian goes to arbitration there is the good possibility things wont go well and he may be dealt.
Let him go to arbitration and accept a two year deal. He would be a UFA then, and let the bidding begin. American defender at 25 hitting UFA, you can bet your bottom dollar the flyers would be all over him, and pay the price

Last edited by Prongo: 07-27-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot he played when he was 18
Old
07-27-2013, 01:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
He's not the first player to drag the process out. There's guys every year who hold out until camp to get a deal done.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:37 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Let him go to arbitration and expect a two year deal. He would be a UFA then, and let the bidding begin. American defender at 27 hitting UFA, you can bet your bottom dollar the flyers would be all over him, and pay the price
Would also be alright with that, Management might not be that patient though.

Quote:
He's not the first player to drag the process out. There's guys every year who hold out until camp to get a deal done.
Yea I know, just throwing out possibilities.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:39 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Im sorry but Im not trading Schenn. He is really going to be our best player besides G by the end of next season. He has progressed kinda slow in the eyes of some, but he struggled MIGHTILY this season(went 12 games without a point), and was still on pace for just about 50 points. He probably would have scored even more due to those numbers being weighed down by long slumps. Hes going to really be a monster and we will be glad we kept him.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 01:44 PM
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Im sorry but Im not trading Schenn. He is really going to be our best player besides G by the end of next season. He has progressed kinda slow in the eyes of some, but he struggled MIGHTILY this season(went 12 games without a point), and was still on pace for just about 50 points. He probably would have scored even more due to those numbers being weighed down by long slumps. Hes going to really be a monster and we will be glad we kept him.

I believe Jake will be our best player after G but who knows. Yea I would love to keep him too, we still need defense though and Bogosian would help both defensively and offensively. This is all just speculation.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
If we can get Bogosian, I'd trade Schenn in a heartbeat. Winnipeg wouldn't, though.

And I don't think Schenn will surpass Voracek as our 2nd best player any time soon, let alone at the end of this season. Personally, and this is entirely IMO, I don't forsee Schenn EVER becoming better than Voracek.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 01:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Are we trading Jake or something? You are aware Schenn stopped producing as much when Jake was taken off his line right?