HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bogosian to Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2013, 02:53 PM
  #26
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,863
vCash: 500
This will not end well. Was asking winnipeg fans on their board what they thought was fair value for Bogosian, and one of their mod's said that he Would't trade BOGO for giroux.

I then proceeded to leave their board and have not since returned.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 02:58 PM
  #27
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This will not end well. Was asking winnipeg fans on their board what they thought was fair value for Bogosian, and one of their mod's said that he Would't trade BOGO for giroux.

I then proceeded to leave their board and have not since returned.
That is just ridiculous, I felt like I would get a bunch of ***** so I didn't bother proposing it over there. I posted earlier what one person said are there needs/surplus.

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 03:38 PM
  #28
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
It would be like us asking for Evander Kane for Schenn, and thats its. Schenn has that potential!!!!!! I still think we get the short end of the stick!!

One pet peeve I have about HF in general is people don't understand the simple concept of team building. If teams were ever to trade the likes of Weber/Pietrangelo/OEL/Bogo/ all other young franchise defenders or even forwards, team do not include their star/franchise player. Almost rarely do teams ever make star for star swaps. No, Giroux would never be moved for Weber, you build around Giroux and Weber, and hope the rest of your team can fall in place because of the price. That's generally the reason whenever I talk to any fan about trading their big named player, and Giroux's name comes up, I just leave the convo.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 03:45 PM
  #29
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPEKKAble View Post
The value of Bogosian on the Jets board someone says is an established young center which could also just be a young established forward. Would you consider Read "young"?
Well unfortunately for The Jets we don't have any expendable young established centers to give up. I wouldn't consider Read "Young" but he's not your typical 27 year old NHLer. He's a "young" 27.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 05:13 PM
  #30
Ilya Bryzastor
Registered User
 
Ilya Bryzastor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This will not end well. Was asking winnipeg fans on their board what they thought was fair value for Bogosian, and one of their mod's said that he Would't trade BOGO for giroux.

I then proceeded to leave their board and have not since returned.
Lol he can't be serious about not taking Giroux over Bogosian , if he is serious , then he needs a reality check ASAP.

Ilya Bryzastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 05:48 PM
  #31
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
Bogo isn't that great anyways. He's constantly on the IR, his offense is nothing special. He's a glorified Meszaros.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
  #32
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,342
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Bogo isn't that great anyways. He's constantly on the IR, his offense is nothing special. He's a glorified Meszaros.
Seriously? He would easily become our top dman.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
  #33
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 50
Brayden Schenn would not fetch Bogosian at all.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:12 PM
  #34
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Seriously? He would easily become our top dman.

Maybe but by no means easily.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:32 PM
  #35
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Bogo isn't that great anyways. He's constantly on the IR, his offense is nothing special. He's a glorified Meszaros.
This is something people often miss. His games played have gone downhill each of the last 4years: 81 to 71 to 65 to (on pace for) 56. That has to be concerning.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM
  #36
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Seriously? He would easily become our top dman.
He would just supplant timonen just like that huh. WPG can keep his injury prone self and his overrated offense. You know he's never had more then 30 points in a season right? He's never played 82 games. The only one he comes close to it he played 81 and he only had 23 points with a career high shooting percentage outside of his rookie year. He's had a positive +/- once in his career and it was his rookie year where he only played half the season. I'm not a big advanced stats guy but I can read. He's 5th on his team of defensemen that had more then 20 games played for Corsi and 6th for Corsi-relative his OFF zone start is 2nd to the bottom but his OFF zone finish is dead last for the whole team. Oh and did I mention his wrist? He broke it his rookie year and hes had surgery on it multiple times since then including this past season.

Look at Meszaros' stats then look at Bogosian's and tell me why he is so much better.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 07:21 PM
  #37
3Fs
Registered User
 
3Fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western Pa.
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Im sorry but Im not trading Schenn. He is really going to be our best player besides G by the end of next season. He has progressed kinda slow in the eyes of some, but he struggled MIGHTILY this season(went 12 games without a point), and was still on pace for just about 50 points. He probably would have scored even more due to those numbers being weighed down by long slumps. Hes going to really be a monster and we will be glad we kept him.
I agree with your post and trust me, I think it would be stupid to trade either Schenn.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 07:28 PM
  #38
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
He would just supplant timonen just like that huh. WPG can keep his injury prone self and his overrated offense. You know he's never had more then 30 points in a season right? He's never played 82 games. The only one he comes close to it he played 81 and he only had 23 points with a career high shooting percentage outside of his rookie year. He's had a positive +/- once in his career and it was his rookie year where he only played half the season. I'm not a big advanced stats guy but I can read. He's 5th on his team of defensemen that had more then 20 games played for Corsi and 6th for Corsi-relative his OFF zone start is 2nd to the bottom but his OFF zone finish is dead last for the whole team. Oh and did I mention his wrist? He broke it his rookie year and hes had surgery on it multiple times since then including this past season.

Look at Meszaros' stats then look at Bogosian's and tell me why he is so much better.
Now that you have brought all of this up I can understand why you don't want him. Something we don't need, another injury prone defender. I feel Bogosian still has room to grow and improve while Meszaros is in/entering his prime and shows us nothing.

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  #39
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
I'm not saying I wouldn't want him but the cost to acquire him would be astronomically out of my price range. He's massively overrated by these boards and even more so by his teams fan base.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 08:43 PM
  #40
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Who would you want us to get?

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:03 PM
  #41
Larry44
10 - 88
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
I agree with your post and trust me, I think it would be stupid to trade either Schenn.
The Schenns are the kind of guys you go to war with. Keepers.

Bogosian's a great player, but he's the classic early bloomer. He was shaving when he was 7, puberty at 9, fully filled out with his man's body when he was 16. He dominated Jrs because he was a man among boys physically. Does he have the skills or head to have a higher ceiling than a good #3? I'm not sure and I'm certainly not trading a couple great prospects to find out he plateaued at 18.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:32 PM
  #42
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The Schenns are the kind of guys you go to war with. Keepers.

Bogosian's a great player, but he's the classic early bloomer. He was shaving when he was 7, puberty at 9, fully filled out with his man's body when he was 16. He dominated Jrs because he was a man among boys physically. Does he have the skills or head to have a higher ceiling than a good #3? I'm not sure and I'm certainly not trading a couple great prospects to find out he plateaued at 18.
Who do you suggest we get?

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:38 PM
  #43
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPEKKAble View Post
Who do you suggest we get?
The thing is there's not really much out there available right now or at least going by recent rumors & speculation added on to our cap current cap situation, it's just not too easy to acquire a defensemen right now.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:20 PM
  #44
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The thing is there's not really much out there available right now or at least going by recent rumors & speculation added on to our cap current cap situation, it's just not too easy to acquire a defensemen right now.
Yea I see what you're saying

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:31 PM
  #45
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPEKKAble View Post
Yea I see what you're saying
Top 4 defensemen are at a premium right now. It's the same reason Homer didn't just ship Coburn off for anything less of an overpayment when those rumors were coming up.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:40 PM
  #46
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Top 4 defensemen are at a premium right now. It's the same reason Homer didn't just ship Coburn off for anything less of an overpayment when those rumors were coming up.
Do you think we will trade Meszaros to clear cap and so he can't get hurt? Or keep him incase someone else gets hurt?

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
  #47
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPEKKAble View Post
Do you think we will trade Meszaros to clear cap and so he can't get hurt? Or keep him incase someone else gets hurt?
I think Mez gets shipped out before camp starts for like a conditional pick or something small in return.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:03 AM
  #48
EstimatedProphet
Rookie User
 
EstimatedProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but on Friday some guy(can't remember his name) on the nhl xm station from the 4th period was saying he expects bogo to be traded "in the relative near future" whatever that means I don't know but food for thought.

EstimatedProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:11 AM
  #49
ImPEKKAble
(Flyers) Preds/Jets
 
ImPEKKAble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I think Mez gets shipped out before camp starts for like a conditional pick or something small in return.
Completely ok with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstimatedProphet View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but on Friday some guy(can't remember his name) on the nhl xm station from the 4th period was saying he expects bogo to be traded "in the relative near future" whatever that means I don't know but food for thought.
I believe he will get traded too soon, too vague to know by that. Could mean before camp, could mean at deadline, could mean a year or two.

ImPEKKAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:36 AM
  #50
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,764
vCash: 175
hum let's see who we got today
Bogosian

They can just Keep him, because they would want too much

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.