HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Col-Phx

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  #26
Iracundia
2 good for a rebuild
 
Iracundia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 738
vCash: 76000
RE-draft of 2009

OEL and Duchene are great players that carry equal value.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  #27
Brew
#Winning.
 
Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brew Send a message via Skype™ to Brew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
RE-draft of 2009

OEL and Duchene are great players that carry equal value.
List a number of d-men in the same age group as OEL give or take 2 years difference in age with equal value, and I'll give you a greater list in comparison to Duchene.

Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:02 PM
  #28
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,601
vCash: 50
What the hell has OEL done to show he's worth Duchene+?

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:28 PM
  #29
Wiqkid*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
lol at OEL > Duchene + MacKinnon. People on this site are unbelievable.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:37 PM
  #30
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,787
vCash: 413
Duchene + MacKinnon is completely unbelievable.

Duchene or Mack plus... though truth is none of these players will be changing teams anytime soon.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:50 PM
  #31
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 3,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
the_fan, do us a favor and stop.


And XX, you wouldn't move OEL for MacKinnon+Duchene?
That's a really good package, I would almost be forced to make that move, even though it would be extremely tough to let OEL go.

There is a limited number of packages that I would move OEL for; keeping in mind that we could not be taking back too much more salary than OEL makes alone (which eliminate teams like Det, Tor, Mont, Van, etc) from forming any package at all that comes close to value), period (anything in addition to each of these packages, obviously would be accepted):
  • Pitts: Crosby
  • TBL: Stamkos
  • NYI: Tavares
  • Nash: Weber
  • LA: Doughty
  • STL: Pietrangelo
  • Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
  • Winn: Kane + Bogosian
  • Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either)
  • Ottawa: Ryan + Zib + Cowen
  • Chicago: Kane + Leddy
  • Ana: (Perry or Getzlaf) + Fowler

I think that's about it. Any other team with any other package pretty much need not apply.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:56 PM
  #32
Newfy OilPenguin
Registered User
 
Newfy OilPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
That's a really good package, I would almost be forced to make that move, even though it would be extremely tough to let OEL go.

There is a limited number of packages that I would move OEL for; keeping in mind that we could not be taking back too much more salary than OEL makes alone (which eliminate teams like Det, Tor, Mont, Van, etc) from forming any package at all that comes close to value), period (anything in addition to each of these packages, obviously would be accepted):
  • Pitts: Crosby
  • TBL: Stamkos
  • NYI: Tavares
  • Nash: Weber
  • LA: Doughty
  • STL: Pietrangelo
  • Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
  • Winn: Kane + Bogosian
  • Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either)
  • Ottawa: Ryan + Zib + Cowen
  • Chicago: Kane + Leddy
  • Ana: (Perry or Getzlaf) + Fowler

I think that's about it. Any other team with any other package pretty much need not apply.
Whoa, OEL=Bobby Orr. I get he's a hell of a future but holy ****, just whoa. Now the NHL knows do not offer for OEL

Newfy OilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:06 PM
  #33
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
These threads that start off proposing trades for guys that have zero chance of being traded always go the same way. The proposals just get more and more ridiculous because none of them will ever even be talked about. I just don't get the fascination with these threads unless you are just trying to get ideas for your fantasy league.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:16 PM
  #34
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,835
vCash: 500
OEL quickly becoming one of HF's most overrated players....



To bad because I really like OEL as a Dman and think he's already a level above Pietrangelo.


The idea of Mack or even Duchene for OEL is laughable. Duchene especially(Mack for OEL isn't terrible value, but PHX still wins the trade by far).

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:19 PM
  #35
ottawa
Avatar of the Year*
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,307
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
That's a really good package, I would almost be forced to make that move, even though it would be extremely tough to let OEL go.

There is a limited number of packages that I would move OEL for; keeping in mind that we could not be taking back too much more salary than OEL makes alone (which eliminate teams like Det, Tor, Mont, Van, etc) from forming any package at all that comes close to value), period (anything in addition to each of these packages, obviously would be accepted):
  • Pitts: Crosby
  • TBL: Stamkos
  • NYI: Tavares
  • Nash: Weber
  • LA: Doughty
  • STL: Pietrangelo
  • Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
  • Winn: Kane + Bogosian
  • Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either)
  • Ottawa: Ryan + Zib + Cowen
  • Chicago: Kane + Leddy
  • Ana: (Perry or Getzlaf) + Fowler

I think that's about it. Any other team with any other package pretty much need not apply.
You should edit your post and delete it before more people see it

And also...Apparently OEL > Malkin

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:24 PM
  #36
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
RE-draft of 2009

OEL and Duchene are great players that carry equal value.
Duchene is a heck of a player but it's a lot easier finding a Duchene compared to a OEL.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:31 PM
  #37
Weast
Ryan O'Money
 
Weast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
That's a really good package, I would almost be forced to make that move, even though it would be extremely tough to let OEL go.

There is a limited number of packages that I would move OEL for; keeping in mind that we could not be taking back too much more salary than OEL makes alone (which eliminate teams like Det, Tor, Mont, Van, etc) from forming any package at all that comes close to value), period (anything in addition to each of these packages, obviously would be accepted):
  • Pitts: Crosby
  • TBL: Stamkos
  • NYI: Tavares
  • Nash: Weber
  • LA: Doughty
  • STL: Pietrangelo
  • Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
  • Winn: Kane + Bogosian
  • Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either)
  • Ottawa: Ryan + Zib + Cowen
  • Chicago: Kane + Leddy
  • Ana: (Perry or Getzlaf) + Fowler

I think that's about it. Any other team with any other package pretty much need not apply.
wat...

Weast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:33 PM
  #38
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 3,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
OEL quickly becoming one of HF's most overrated players....



To bad because I really like OEL as a Dman and think he's already a level above Pietrangelo.


The idea of Mack or even Duchene for OEL is laughable. Duchene especially(Mack for OEL isn't terrible value, but PHX still wins the trade by far).
Mak is a prospect that has proven absolutely nothing. I doubt that he would be any better than RNH or Backstrom in the future (which is not shabby at all), in terms of realistic ceiling. He's not at the level of the value of a top 5 D in the league, period.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:35 PM
  #39
letowskie
Registered User
 
letowskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In your worst nighmare
Posts: 3,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
You should edit your post and delete it before more people see it

And also...Apparently OEL > Malkin
Personally, I prefer OEL over Malkin. Malkin is a bit better if you ignore the cost controlled years, and age difference. After taking into account everything else, I would take OEL over him. Although that's a personal preference, some other coyotes fan might feel differently.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:43 PM
  #40
CanadianSuperPromise
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
[*]Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
[*]Winn: Kane + Bogosian
[*]Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either) [*]
You're valuations are as inconsistent as they are ridiculous.

CanadianSuperPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:47 PM
  #41
CanadianSuperPromise
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Personally, I prefer OEL over Malkin. Malkin is a bit better if you ignore the cost controlled years, and age difference. After taking into account everything else, I would take OEL over him. Although that's a personal preference, some other coyotes fan might feel differently.
Quite the statement. Can PHX fans enlighten us outsiders why OEL is worth that much. Because I honestly don't see what you guys are seeing, in terms of value.

CanadianSuperPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 11:50 PM
  #42
Jayevs
Formerly avsman
 
Jayevs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 500
O'Reilly+1st/2nd for Yandle?

How's Boedker treatin you these days?

Jayevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:04 AM
  #43
Diatomic
Mitch Matthewlander
 
Diatomic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,086
vCash: 500
And I thought Leafs fans do horrible proposals, ouch.

Its too bad there aren't that many Coyotes fans or they would be dead of laughter.

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  #44
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 54,795
vCash: 500
Yikes. This has taken a drastic turn for the unnecessarily ridiculous.

OEL is not realistically available for any reasonable price. Any further discussion is frankly unrealistic and unreasonable.

No need to delve into the muck of equally unreasonable and unrealistic counter proposals.

It's pointless. Typing "OEL" into the trade forum should trigger an automated thread lock.

__________________
All of it is Dave Tippett's fault. He's the worst.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:13 AM
  #45
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Quite the statement. Can PHX fans enlighten us outsiders why OEL is worth that much. Because I honestly don't see what you guys are seeing, in terms of value.
Watch him play. He does everything right. He plays an unheard of amount of minutes against everyone's top players. Oh, and he just turned 22.

If he didn't play in Phoenix, he wouldn't be "overrated" on this board.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:26 AM
  #46
Nazem To Kessel
Registered User
 
Nazem To Kessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
OEL + 2nd for Duchene + prospect

if that isn't fair idk what is

or even OEL for Duchene straight up

Nazem To Kessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #47
JS19
Legends Never Die
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
To Phx: Stastny+ROR

To Col: OEL

Just wonder if this is fair for both teams value wise.
Pretty big overpayment on Colorado's behalf, but considering how OEL doesn't come cheap, you'd have to wonder if Colorado considers it...

I mean, you free up space on middle ice for MacKinnon and Duchene to be your top 2 guys, but it's risky because we don't know how MacKinnon will pan out. Colorado may likely want to send 1 top-6 centerman then (I'd imagine PHX may see more value in ROR than Stastny).

Maybe make the deal based on ROR + package? What about Yandle?

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:40 AM
  #48
ottawa
Avatar of the Year*
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,307
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Watch him play. He does everything right. He plays an unheard of amount of minutes against everyone's top players. Oh, and he just turned 22.

If he didn't play in Phoenix, he wouldn't be "overrated" on this board.
I'm sorry...but when Phoenix players say OEL > Malkin, then yes, he is overrated

What do you think it would take Pitts to get OEL? I'm curious...as of now it stands at

Malkin + for OEL


IMO, as good as OEL is, PHX doesn't even have what it takes to get Malkin on their team...he's arguable the 2nd best player in the world and a center to top it all off

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:41 AM
  #49
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas
 
Nalens Oga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,497
vCash: 2405
I wouldn't yet feel comfortable trading two 1B centres for OEL. I wouldn't even do it for Subban.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:54 AM
  #50
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I'm sorry...but when Phoenix players say OEL > Malkin, then yes, he is overrated

What do you think it would take Pitts to get OEL? I'm curious...as of now it stands at

Malkin + for OEL


IMO, as good as OEL is, PHX doesn't even have what it takes to get Malkin on their team...he's arguable the 2nd best player in the world and a center to top it all off
Not sure who said that and your question is extremely hypothetical because we all know that neither player would be traded. Having said that and taking Crosby and Malkin out of the equation, Pittsburgh wouldn't be able to make it worth losing a player who will be at the top of the league for 15 years.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.