HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Phx

Old
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

vCash: 500
It's so retarded that people continue to make proposals for this guy, who just IS NOT AVAILABLE, then get mad and lollerskate after their/anyone's proposal is not enough.

STOP MAKING PROPOSALS FOR OEL. What PHX would ask is not reasonable and it will not be a good deal for your team, so just stop.

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Actually I did.. Just got the exact date wrong.

OEL is supposed to become the Charas, Prongers, and Lidstromes that teams want. A franchise dman that can carry the team and at this point he hasn't slowed Down in his progression so no coyotes fan will want to or even honestly consider trading him. It's not a mater of player value, it's his value to this team and the fact that he's still improving that makes him worth so much. For all we know he could in a way surpass Orr.
Uh....

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:03 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Interesting that you wouldn't mention the names of the other D (Weber, Doughty, Pieterangelo, etc.) that he finished ahead of. There's an argument that OEL is already amongst the elite of those who play his position. This was the intent of my original statement.
In a shortened season and those Dmen had pretty below average years.

I get what you are trying to say. What I'm saying is that it doesn't prove much to get a few votes. We can start mentioning him with the Pietrangelos and the Webers of the world when he's a finalist or wins one of these awards, or leads his team to a Stanley Cup perhaps?

No doubt, OEL is a great young player with a fantastic future, but he's not really done anything to warrant being worth more than Duchene alone, that's the only real point I'm trying to make.

jfisher6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:04 PM
TheDinosaur

Well............................................th is is ridiculous

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Keep in mind that we have a very good D corps without OEL already (just not top 5 in the league), so no more need to get a D back unless a premier prospect that makes vey little in salary. We also have the center position set; so unless it's a massive upgrade over Rib and Hanz (Crosby, Stamkos), we are not interested in any other C. Now, onto the packages:
  • Hamilton is interesting; but if we are dealing OEL, we would likely need either a premier forward in the league, or a top 5 D that is still young coming back. Value is there, but doesn't interest the Yotes.
  • Kesler is a 2C, which we have plenty of, he would not be significant upgrade over either Rib or Hanzal; Kassian is close to useless unless he seriously develops further, Horvat is just a prospect right now (I would have taken Nichushkin instead myself).
  • Malkin + Sutter brings back twice the salary of OEL, so no, that's not going to work.
  • Toews is a nice piece, I don't think Saad adds enough to justify. We are more or less set at C for a couple of seasons, so we need a top line winger; we are not moving OEL to bump Rib and Hanzal down to 2C and 3C, and make Vermette play on the 4th line; that's just not a good hockey trade. Kane is far more interesting than Toews.
  • Suter make way too much; he isn't any more effective than OEL right now, and makes much more; Minn would have to retain 33% of salary for that to work. I like Granlund, so that deal is interesting.
  • Parise is also making too much. Scandella doesn't add much to the deal; so I'm not even sure if the value is here at all.
  • Giroux is a great piece; but again, we already have top 3 C spots filled; why in the world would we want 5 Cs: Giroux - Ribeiro - Hanzal - Couturier - and Vermette plays in the AHL? The value is there, but this makes us one of the most unbalanced teams ever.
  • Benn is another center. Like I said a million times, we are looking for top line winger as the primary target. Eakins doesn't add much here anyways.
  • Hedman is not someone that I'm high on, so I wouldn't consider a trade with him being the main piece. I really like Drouin, so if you swiched Hedman out for another forward of Drouin's caliber, I would probably do it.
  • Nash, just no. I wouldn't want to bring all the money and locker room issues to Phoenix.
  • Couture + Burns. I would have said yes prior to signing Ribeiro. But we no longer need a center. Couture would be a nice piece to have in the future; but we still don't get any top 6 wing that we need back. If you can substitute Burns for a winger of similar age and caliber, then this would be a yes.
  • Huberdeau + Barkov. If we assume that Huberdeau can play LW instead of C, then this deal would be a yes. Barkov will probably need some seasoning, and be the eventual replacement for Rib. And Huberdeau can help us right now. So this I would have to say yes to (if Hub plays wing effectively)
  • Ehrhoff would not be the main piece in any deal involving OEL. And Grigorenko has not demonstrated at all that he can translate his game over to NA. So this would be a resounding no.
  • Backes is OK; but we have a player with very similar ability and function in Hanzal. Shattenkirk is OK, but we already have Yandle, so it would also be a duplication. This trade has value, but doesn't provide anything that we need, so not a good idea.
When a team offers you Malkin,Giroux or Toews +good pieces you can't say no

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
Seriously. A Hart, two Art Rosses, two Conn Smythes, three Cups, and I don't even know how many all-star appearances between them and they're still not good enough on their own? It's not like they're that much older than OEL either.

Officially the most unrealistic perception of value I've ever seen on these boards. Congratulations, Phoenix.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Engine View Post
Officially the most unrealistic perception of value I've ever seen on these boards.
Coincidentally, also the most accurate representation of what it would take and mirrors what the Coyotes' GM has said.

I think it's clear that you and many others haven't bothered to read the thread.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Coincidentally, also the most accurate representation of what it would take and mirrors what the Coyotes' GM has said.

I think it's clear that you and many others haven't bothered to read the thread.
I'm pretty sure if Maloney got offered Giroux, Stamkos, whatever, he would accept instantly and wouldn't be asking for added value. If he declined, he'd be the laughingstock of the league.

jfisher6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:

The problem is, I HAVE read the thread, and seen one Coyotes fan after another have the same irrational belief that OEL is the single most valuable player in the league. If I hadn't, I'd dismiss it as one complete homer, out of touch with reality.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Dutchy09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Still no.
Not unexpected. He's probably one of the most overrated players on HF.

Dutchy09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:07 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
I'm pretty sure if Maloney got offered Giroux, Stamkos, whatever, he would accept instantly and wouldn't be asking for added value. If he declined, he'd be the laughingstock of the league.
For Stamkos; sure. He and Crosby are probably the two players of the highest value around the league, so that would be an automatic yes. For Giroux, we would have to think long and hard about it. Giroux and OEL are pretty close in value, and OEL might even be a bit higher due to the position that he plays. If Phillie added Simmonds or some other top 6 winger (not Read), then it would become automatic.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Well the Avs wouldn't trade O'Reilly for anything short of an elite package coming back. For real. Joe Sakic told me.

Crosby+Malkin
Ovechkin+Backstrom
Stamkos+Hedman
OEL+Yandle
Toews+Kane
Giroux+Schenn
Getzlaf+Perry
Sedin+Sedin
Couture+Thornton
Kopitar+Doughty
Weber+Rinne
Parise+Suter
RNH+Hall

That's about it.

Seriously, you're top center is Mike Riberio and you wouldn't trade OEL for Toews??????

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Mr V

So, what I've learned from this thread is that OEL is more valuable to the Coyotes than oxygen is to human beings.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:09 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Well the Avs wouldn't trade O'Reilly for anything short of an elite package coming back. For real. Joe Sakic told me.
Then hang on to him. If he isn't available at a price that other GM's would realistically pay, then feel free to ask for the moon. When you see jimmies being rustled for sticking to a very simple position, you'll know what it's like to be a Coyotes fan in an OEL thread.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Then hang on to him. If he isn't available at a price that other GM's would realistically pay, then feel free to ask for the moon. When you see jimmies being rustled for sticking to a very simple position, you'll know what it's like to be a Coyotes fan in an OEL thread.
Feathers aren't ruffled when you label someone untouchable. It's when people start listing ridiculous packages of other teams best players and saying they only may or may not take it.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
We're talking pure speculation of course because any team that called about him would have their number stricken from the Coyotes Rolodex. As for pure worth, I haven't seen an argument yet that shows me how he's not in the top five in regards to worth in the league. There's a reason he received the contract he did at 21 yrs old.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:22 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
So, what I've learned from this thread is that OEL is more valuable to the Coyotes than oxygen is to human beings.
Oxygen can be toxic, while Oliver Ekman-Larsson is too much like Harry Potter!

So are teams really offering those assets for OEL? Will those teams also keep paying part of the salary since the Coyotes have a budget?

So when the OP asks for value in a trade, does that take into account the other team's needs? Budget? Contracts?

Also, when a team brings up an elite type player, they usually build around the player. To trade that type of player, would then mean that you have to build the team around another player. And we are talking about a Tippet coached team. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a great fit with the type of team the Coach wants on the ice...

Last edited by DesertDawg: 07-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post
It's so retarded that people continue to make proposals for this guy, who just IS NOT AVAILABLE, then get mad and lollerskate after their/anyone's proposal is not enough.

STOP MAKING PROPOSALS FOR OEL. What PHX would ask is not reasonable and it will not be a good deal for your team, so just stop.
Pretty much this.

07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post

Exactly but it will continue to fall on deaf ears. I guess it's fun for some people to argue about trade proposals that have zero chance of being discussed by the GMs.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
huntison

Quote:
Keep in mind that we have a very good D corps without OEL already (just not top 5 in the league), so no more need to get a D back unless a premier prospect that makes vey little in salary. We also have the center position set; so unless it's a massive upgrade over Rib and Hanz (Crosby, Stamkos), we are not interested in any other C. Now, onto the packages:
  • Hamilton is interesting; but if we are dealing OEL, we would likely need either a premier forward in the league, or a top 5 D that is still young coming back. Value is there, but doesn't interest the Yotes.
  • Kesler is a 2C, which we have plenty of, he would not be significant upgrade over either Rib or Hanzal; Kassian is close to useless unless he seriously develops further, Horvat is just a prospect right now (I would have taken Nichushkin instead myself).
  • Malkin + Sutter brings back twice the salary of OEL, so no, that's not going to work.
  • Toews is a nice piece, I don't think Saad adds enough to justify. We are more or less set at C for a couple of seasons, so we need a top line winger; we are not moving OEL to bump Rib and Hanzal down to 2C and 3C, and make Vermette play on the 4th line; that's just not a good hockey trade. Kane is far more interesting than Toews.
  • Suter make way too much; he isn't any more effective than OEL right now, and makes much more; Minn would have to retain 33% of salary for that to work. I like Granlund, so that deal is interesting.
  • Parise is also making too much. Scandella doesn't add much to the deal; so I'm not even sure if the value is here at all.
  • Giroux is a great piece; but again, we already have top 3 C spots filled; why in the world would we want 5 Cs: Giroux - Ribeiro - Hanzal - Couturier - and Vermette plays in the AHL? The value is there, but this makes us one of the most unbalanced teams ever.
  • Benn is another center. Like I said a million times, we are looking for top line winger as the primary target. Eakins doesn't add much here anyways.
  • Hedman is not someone that I'm high on, so I wouldn't consider a trade with him being the main piece. I really like Drouin, so if you swiched Hedman out for another forward of Drouin's caliber, I would probably do it.
  • Nash, just no. I wouldn't want to bring all the money and locker room issues to Phoenix.
  • Couture + Burns. I would have said yes prior to signing Ribeiro. But we no longer need a center. Couture would be a nice piece to have in the future; but we still don't get any top 6 wing that we need back. If you can substitute Burns for a winger of similar age and caliber, then this would be a yes.
  • Huberdeau + Barkov. If we assume that Huberdeau can play LW instead of C, then this deal would be a yes. Barkov will probably need some seasoning, and be the eventual replacement for Rib. And Huberdeau can help us right now. So this I would have to say yes to (if Hub plays wing effectively)
  • Ehrhoff would not be the main piece in any deal involving OEL. And Grigorenko has not demonstrated at all that he can translate his game over to NA. So this would be a resounding no.
  • Backes is OK; but we have a player with very similar ability and function in Hanzal. Shattenkirk is OK, but we already have Yandle, so it would also be a duplication. This trade has value, but doesn't provide anything that we need, so not a good idea.
Hahahahahaha

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:34 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I was directed to this thread from the Flyers forum to get a good laugh.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 01:15 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
That's a really good package, I would almost be forced to make that move, even though it would be extremely tough to let OEL go.

There is a limited number of packages that I would move OEL for; keeping in mind that we could not be taking back too much more salary than OEL makes alone (which eliminate teams like Det, Tor, Mont, Van, etc) from forming any package at all that comes close to value), period (anything in addition to each of these packages, obviously would be accepted):
  • Pitts: Crosby
  • TBL: Stamkos
  • NYI: Tavares
  • Nash: Weber
  • LA: Doughty
  • STL: Pietrangelo
  • Edmon: 2 of {Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yaq}
  • Winn: Kane + Bogosian
  • Col: Mac + 1st or Duchene + 1st (Mac + Duke obviously would be better than either)
  • Ottawa: Ryan + Zib + Cowen
  • Chicago: Kane + Leddy
  • Ana: (Perry or Getzlaf) + Fowler

I think that's about it. Any other team with any other package pretty much need not apply.
What about packages starting with giroux, j benn, kopitar, malkin, kessel, uh let me see, chara?

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 01:34 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
To Phx: Stastny+ROR

To Col: OEL

Just wonder if this is fair for both teams value wise.
I would do this in a heartbeat

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 01:48 AM
adorno
%!&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
I mean clearly none of those guys can even begin to compare when your 1C is Mike Ribeiro. Phoenix is set

adorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:17 AM
huntison

My favourite....

"Toews is a nice piece, I don't think Saad adds enough to justify. We are more or less set at C for a couple of seasons, so we need a top line winger; we are not moving OEL to bump Rib and Hanzal down to 2C and 3C, and make Vermette play on the 4th line; that's just not a good hockey trade...."

Wouldn't this be a better team?

Vermette-Toews-Doan
Boedker-Ribs-Vrbata
Saad-Hanzal-Moss
Korpikoski-Chipchura-Yip
Bissonnette
Hammer

Yandle-Michalek
Schlemko-Morris
Gormley-Klesla
Summers-Rundblad

Smith

Last edited by huntison: 07-29-2013 at 02:31 AM.
huntison is offline   Reply With Quote