HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Ottawa and CTC

Old
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisOlivier View Post
Okay thank you for the advise... well I was planning paying full price for front row but I want to make noise and having good time... 300 level is ok with me if it's the best seats to feel the game and making noise. Well the saving-money will go on the beer then!

Thank you
No worries, dude. Just remember: if you're planning on drinking, DO NOT BUY TICKETS IN 314-315-316!!

Those are "Family Fun Zones", aka NO-ALCOHOL ZONES! There are only 3 sections in the whole building that are Dry, don't be "that guy" who buys tickets in the kiddie zones when he's planning on getting sloshed by the 2nd period!

Have a good time, chum!

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 01:05 PM
LouisOlivier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
No worries, dude. Just remember: if you're planning on drinking, DO NOT BUY TICKETS IN 314-315-316!!

Those are "Family Fun Zones", aka NO-ALCOHOL ZONES! There are only 3 sections in the whole building that are Dry, don't be "that guy" who buys tickets in the kiddie zones when he's planning on getting sloshed by the 2nd period!

Have a good time, chum!
Note!

Thank you for all these advise.

Bonne journée el gros

LouisOlivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Le Golie

Hey guys, more advice for a guy moving to Ottawa if you can help. Thanks to those of you who have given me good stuff so far.

This time, public transit... We will be looking to buy in either Barrhaven/Stonebridge or Riverside South. The wife will be working pretty much downtown. What is public transit like coming from Barrhaven vs Riverside South?

How quick would it be to go from the Park and Ride transit station in Riverside South to Hurdman??

Strongly considering Riverside South.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 07:29 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Hey guys, more advice for a guy moving to Ottawa if you can help. Thanks to those of you who have given me good stuff so far.

This time, public transit... We will be looking to buy in either Barrhaven/Stonebridge or Riverside South. The wife will be working pretty much downtown. What is public transit like coming from Barrhaven vs Riverside South?

How quick would it be to go from the Park and Ride transit station in Riverside South to Hurdman??

Strongly considering Riverside South.
Riverview Station (park n Ride) is about 45min from Downtown.

Not exactly sure about Barrhaven, but I do know the 95 bus route is the busiest in the city.

Check out the oc transpo travel planner and you can get an exact timeline.

http://www.octranspo1.com/travelplanner/travelplanner

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Riverview Station (park n Ride) is about 45min from Downtown.

Not exactly sure about Barrhaven, but I do know the 95 bus route is the busiest in the city.

Check out the oc transpo travel planner and you can get an exact timeline.

http://www.octranspo1.com/travelplanner/travelplanner
Thanks a lot - hadn't seen that travel planner before.

Old
08-01-2013, 10:48 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Thanks a lot - hadn't seen that travel planner before.
You can also download the OCTranspo App for your phone where you get pretty much all the info. Some of the buses are also connected to the gps system so you can track them and actually know the exact time they'll be stopping at your bus stop.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

It's 30 minutes from Barrhaven.

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:57 PM
vogels13

vCash: 400
Any place in the downtown area to buy sens apparel? The two Sens Stores seem to be more outside the downtown core (Carlingwood Shopping Centre & Place D'Orleans). Just in town for a wedding, so I don't have much time to venture out to the suburbs.

vogels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 08:40 AM
great1

How likely is it to meet players after a practice at the Sensplex? I would really like the chance to say Hi to Alfie before he leaves.

great1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:32 AM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogels13 View Post
Any place in the downtown area to buy sens apparel? The two Sens Stores seem to be more outside the downtown core (Carlingwood Shopping Centre & Place D'Orleans). Just in town for a wedding, so I don't have much time to venture out to the suburbs.
There's a Sports Experts at the Rideau Centre (main downtown mall), any kind of general sports apparel store like that should be ok.

09-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Anyone know the rules for size of camera lenses that fans can use at the game? In Detroit it was 300mm, last time I was there an usher told us it was 50mm at SBP. Is that true?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 03:50 AM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Anyone know the rules for size of camera lenses that fans can use at the game? In Detroit it was 300mm, last time I was there an usher told us it was 50mm at SBP. Is that true?
The arena's policy section on the site does not really indicate any specific lens size

Quote:
Recording devices such as, audio (such as recorders) or video (such as the use of the video option on digital cameras) are not permitted in the Canadian Tire Centre. However, guests are permitted to bring small still cameras without a camera bag to any Senators game. Still cameras with the option of the use of detachable lenses are not permitted. The camera flash option can only be used during the pre-game warm-up. Cameras cannot have any type of transmitter mechanism for the purpose of using a flash or strobes. The use of the camera during games is allowed only from the patron’s ticketed seat. The use of the camera cannot interfere with other fans’ enjoyment of the game. Canadian Tire Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings, and patrons are discouraged from leaving their belongings unattended. Valuable items can be checked at the Guest Services Booth located behind Section 201 on the Main Concourse. Still Camera policy will vary by Canadian Tire Centre event. The Ottawa Senators/Canadian Tire Centre expressly reserve their rights with respect to any photos obtained by Canadian Tire Centre guests hereunder.
Source

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 03:56 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

i've been told by an usher that as long as you dont bring a dslr, you should be fine. It seems small (lens) slr's might be ok, but that's up to the discretion of the usher.

back to le goalie, i dont know if you plan on settling long-term in ottawa or not, but if that is the case, keep an eye out in the next month for the updated transportation master plan. It may very well reveal whether light-rail extension plans call for a line to either riverside south or barrhaven. If you (and/or your wife) have a car, it might not matter much as the strandherd-armstrong bridge will be open next year, but fast transit access to downtown may be important in your home-buying plans, at the very least in terms of resale value 10 years down the road.

Last edited by danishh: 09-04-2013 at 04:11 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i've been told by an usher that as long as you dont bring a dslr, you should be fine. It seems small (lens) slr's might be ok, but that's up to the discretion of the usher.

back to le goalie, i dont know if you plan on settling long-term in ottawa or not, but if that is the case, keep an eye out in the next month for the updated transportation master plan. It may very well reveal whether light-rail extension plans call for a line to either riverside south or barrhaven. If you (and/or your wife) have a car, it might not matter much as the strandherd-armstrong bridge will be open next year, but fast transit access to downtown may be important in your home-buying plans, at the very least in terms of resale value 10 years down the road.
Hey thanks for posting this. I just saw this now and looking at the date you posted it, I would have actually been in Ottawa house shopping. We ended up buying in Barrhaven, looking forward to the move.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:24 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
As a former usher, I can tell you that unless they've changed the policy in the past year, the official policy at CTC mirrors the NHL's official policy (ie: "no recording devices, no detachable lenses"), although the unofficial policy is "as long as you're not bringing in a pro rig into the arena, and as long as your camera isn't bothering other guests, nobody cares".

So yeah. Unless anything has changed, the policy is "don't be a douchecanoe, and if you have a pro rig... you'd better have a press pass a well".

***KEEP IN MIND***
Ushers will enforce the OFFICIAL camera policy (no detachable lenses, no video recording of any kind) if you insist on being a fartbar about it to either the ushers or the guests seated around you.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:14 AM
tasp

Hi guys. Ducks fan here.

I'm coming into town for the game tomorrow, and I'm trying to make a 'hockey day' around it. I want to go to the morning skates, but I'm having some trouble figuring out where it is/if it's open to the public.

I'm hoping to hang around town for a bit afterwards and maybe bump in to a few players . Anybody have any tips?

I was also wondering what time doors usually open at the CTC for a 7:30 game.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

tasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Smash88

In terms of camera's, I've brought my dslr but take off the detachable lens and I've never been bothered.

Although I never usually take pictures during the game.

I've had Usher's actually take our picture for us.

Basically what Bonk says, if your an idiot about it then expect them to say something. If you just taking pictures during warmups or stoppages without a big lens, no one will bug you.

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Dave Karp

vCash: 940
Hey guys, I'm heading to the game on Sunday. I'm coming from Kingston and I was just wondering if you guys can recommend any interesting places to eat/drink on the way? I'm hoping to find a spot that is going back towards Kingston from the Canadian Tire Centre (so weird to say!) because it's an earlier start I doubt we can make it on the way up. Thanks in advance!

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
tenpinsplit

coming up from binghamton in january. is there a place near the arena that you can exchange american dollars? or should/can i just use my cc for everything?

tenpinsplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Chip Chipperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpinsplit View Post
coming up from binghamton in january. is there a place near the arena that you can exchange american dollars? or should/can i just use my cc for everything?
You'd be better off just using your credit card imo. If you hit a jam american money is accepted everywhere but you will get a crap exchange rate. There is a Royal Bank on Terry Fox drive close to the stadium, however i'm unaware if they will exchange currencies if you don't have an account there. Other than that you're probably looking at a 30 minute drive to bayshore to get a decent exchange rate at a currency exchange company. Or hit a currency exchange place before you leave the USA.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Anca18

vCash: 200
Question, would it be stupid to wear a Sens jersey to a 67's game tonight? Haven't been to a 67's game for 4 years, so I don't know if that'll be alright.

Also, how much does the average OHL jersey cost, and where could I get one?

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anca18 View Post
Question, would it be stupid to wear a Sens jersey to a 67's game tonight? Haven't been to a 67's game for 4 years, so I don't know if that'll be alright.

Also, how much does the average OHL jersey cost, and where could I get one?
They are the right colours for the 67's.

They sell 67 jerseys at CTC now.
Not sure how much they charge, but I recall my Fronts jersey being 89.99

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Bergeron#1fan

any free parking options near CTC? thnks for the info in advance

Bergeron#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron#1fan View Post
any free parking options near CTC? thnks for the info in advance
You can park either at the Costco, Home Depot or Bell Sensplex and walk about 10 - 15 minutes..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Got tickets for Sunday's game vs. Columbus. Seats are: section 104, row J, seats 4 & 5.

How are those seats? good visibility? First time being in the 100's so my expectations are high. Does it live up to the hype?

Cheers boys!

EDIT: ****ING GREAT, right after I buy the tickets Ryan takes an elbow to the head from Seidenberg. **** like this always happens to me. If he doesn't play on Sunday because of this Seidenberg will officially be on my ****-list.

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote