HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Douglas Murray

Old
07-28-2013, 07:54 PM
bryan1966

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Drogo View Post
I'd rather have Murray on my D over a guy like Bouillon. Wouldnt mind seeing the Habs go after him and acquire him.
Agree! I think he is what Montreal needs for the PK and when playing against the bigger teams in the league. He cannot be any slower than Hal Gill was but he adds toughness and hits. If habs could sign for 1.5 / year would be good asset.

bryan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:57 PM
roquay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
I would take Murray at 1.0/1.5 over Engelland at .550 for the PK alone, and his fighting only secures Engelland's departure, for me.
Id resign him for 1.5. Trade Nisky and send Tanner Glass's ass down to the minors (cost us 175,000 cap hit). Keep Engelland and put him as a Forward on the 4th line.

Murray was solid for the pens last year. Probably money and term is why he isnt signed. He still has value.

roquay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by roquay View Post
Id resign him for 1.5. Trade Nisky and send Tanner Glass's ass down to the minors (cost us 175,000 cap hit). Keep Engelland and put him as a Forward on the 4th line.

Murray was solid for the pens last year. Probably money and term is why he isnt signed. He still has value.
Not really interested in bringing Murray back. I think that money would be better spent on a third line forward. That's a bigger need that needs to be addressed, rather than concerning ourselves over our sixth defenceman.

Gwydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Who's next?

Quote:

We shouldn't sign any more FA defensemen for a long, long time.

We should have enough in-house options to keep us going for the next decade or so.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:10 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Niche player (most teams want at max one defense only net clearing slow guy) coming off a decent money contract in a year the cap drops...if Murray wants an NHL job, he might need to take a tryout or take his chances that someone similar to himself gets hurt early.

The guy can contribute in a specific capacity (he might be fat, but he's not shot), but he's on the wrong side of the supply/demand equation. I imagine any contract negotiation he did have would basically be "take what I'm offering. I have Hal Gill on the other line if you don't."

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:11 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:

Love the guy to death, but no. Pens have no more contracts to give to D and likely won't in some time, even with Niskanen gone.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 03:29 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
I have long thought an Edler/Murray pairing would make a nice second unit. I guess it went untried for too long.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Uno Bench
Swedish citizen

Teams probably hesitate to sign him because of the new "remove helmet prior to fight= 2 mins" rule. Since Murray is known for removing his

Uno Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:34 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Douglas Murray... Worth two 2nds at the trade deadline. But not worth an NHL contract through July. Good job selling at the right time by SJ.
No kidding! Very good return for SJ. Would have been happy with even 1 second.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:36 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Bench View Post
Teams probably hesitate to sign him because of the new "remove helmet prior to fight= 2 mins" rule. Since Murray is known for removing his
Didn't know about this new rule. What is the motivation to give 2 min for removing your helmet? So they want players to wear visors, but if you fight with a visor you get and extra minor and if you remove you helmet with a visor before the fight you get a minor.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
Didn't know about this new rule. What is the motivation to give 2 min for removing your helmet? So they want players to wear visors, but if you fight with a visor you get and extra minor and if you remove you helmet with a visor before the fight you get a minor.
Because they want to have fighters fight each other with visors on to deter them from doing it in the first place. Murray only did that because it was the rules to do so. Now that he doesn't have to, he wouldn't. It's not why people haven't signed him especially since he doesn't fight that often anyway. People aren't signing him because he's priced himself out of a contract.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Perro

I imagine it is a matter of him wanting to play in a specific place, and is waiting to see if there is interest.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 03:34 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
If you remove your helmet you get a 2 minute minor.

The penalty if you *instigated* a fight with a visor has been removed from the rules.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM
rikker
fan since '75.

he's slower than molasses in January....

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:16 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Staal
Girardi
McDonagh
Stralman
Del Zotto
Moore
Falk
McIlrath

Please tell me where in god you see him fitting in. He is not even better than our 7th D-man. And our top 6 he is nowhere near. Like literally not in the same realm.

You're placing Falk (who can't crack an NHL lineup as a regular) and McIlrath, who hasn't played a single game in the NHL yet ahead of Murray on the Rangers depth chart in a hypothetical?

This argument is over before it gets a chance to start.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

I'd rather have him than Eric Gryba on the Sens. Maybe even Corvo actually.

Couldn't Edmonton use him as a 6th/7th as well?

He's probably holding out for a better offer, or wanting a term no one would give (3+ years)

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:57 AM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
He delivered exactly what we expected of him, which is more than we can say of Iginla and Morrow.
Lol Iginla played pretty good for you guys, minus the Boston series where everyone sucked. Why do Pens fans keep regurgitating this garbage? Did I watch more Pens games than you or something?

crunchyblack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
Lol Iginla played pretty good for you guys, minus the Boston series where everyone sucked. Why do Pens fans keep regurgitating this garbage? Did I watch more Pens games than you or something?
I highly doubt it. Iginla didn't play that well for the Pens, he wasn't used well but that doesn't change the fact he looked slow and less good in the corners than he once was.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
he was ok at the scoring parts of his game. he was below average in almost everything else. he couldn't win a board battle to save his life. believe it or not, that's an important part of hockey. but i guess you knew that since you apparently watched more hockey than everyone here.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote