HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Travis Zajac

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2013, 07:33 PM
  #151
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't why Dustin Brown all of a sudden comes into this argument either. He is a power forward winger--a poor man's Lucic in the physical game but Lucic is a poor man's Brown in the scoring department. I'd wager that given the choice of one of Brown, Lucic, Zajac--Zajac would come in way behind the other two.
He came into it as a comparison, and I would say a good one. The whole point is to show that having nearly the same production as Zajac(Slightly better) and a very close contract to his, and yet no one really says anything about Brown. Granted that they have different styles of play and have different roles; neither of their pros outweighs the other. You can't truly compare the two, but I do see where he is coming from.

snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
  #152
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
How on earth Zajac has a 1st line center contract ?

If you need to understand what really is a #1 contract under the new CBA you should take a look at Getzlaf's.

The lack of effort to have an honest discussion here is getting tiring.
I dont really see your argument in this one. If you are stating that this is what a true No1 center should look like, then it looks like a big chunk of the league has it wrong because Getz is one heck of a player. You are comparing Zajac to Getz?

snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
  #153
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzu88 View Post
I dont really see your argument in this one. If you are stating that this is what a true No1 center should look like, then it looks like a big chunk of the league has it wrong because Getz is one heck of a player. You are comparing Zajac to Getz?
I'm not sure how you can possibly read that post and write something like this. Not to mention, you clearly misunderstood my post you quoted given I was using the word "was".

UNDER THE NEW CBA also pretty relevant words here.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
  #154
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
No, I'm saying Getz is a #1 center with a #1 center contract. I'm also saying Zajac is a top 6 center under a top 6 system (just have to check the Devils ES ice-time per player) with a top 6 center contract.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  #155
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
No, I'm saying Getz is a #1 center with a #1 center contract. I'm also saying Zajac is a top 6 center under a top 6 system (just have to check the Devils ES ice-time per player) with a top 6 center contract.
See that sounds much better haha and I agree 100%. Love Zajac but he needs to step up being our No1 center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
I'm not sure how you can possibly read that post and write something like this. Not to mention, you clearly misunderstood my post you quoted given I was using the word "was".

UNDER THE NEW CBA also pretty relevant words here.
As for you I dont understand while so hostile. Sorry I misread your "was", dont need to freak out. And how can I write something like that? That fact that the way it was worded I read it as him comparing Zajac to Getz? He has that contract because Getz is damn good, whether under the old or new CBA. Yash did clear it up and it was understood much better.

snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:03 PM
  #156
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzu88 View Post
See that sounds much better haha and I agree 100%. Love Zajac but he needs to step up being our No1 center.
There's no doubt he had a bad season and unlike 2009-2010, he got no excuses this time, guy was really painful to watch. The criticism is warranted.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
  #157
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzu88 View Post
See that sounds much better haha and I agree 100%. Love Zajac but he needs to step up being our No1 center.



As for you I dont understand while so hostile. Sorry I misread your "was", dont need to freak out. And how can I write something like that? That fact that the way it was worded I read it as him comparing Zajac to Getz? He has that contract because Getz is damn good, whether under the old or new CBA. Yash did clear it up and it was understood much better.
He was comparing their contracts.. comparable contracts because they're NEW CBA deals.

The difference in their cap hit reflects the difference in skill and the difference between a bonafide star #1 and a guy who is more of a top 6 tweener.

No-one is saying Zajac even comes close to Getzlaf..

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM
  #158
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
There's no doubt he had a bad season and unlike 2009-2010, he got no excuses this time, guy was really painful to watch. The criticism is warranted.
Oh he did there's no getting around it. He started to step up the last few games, but you can't just play your best when you feel like it. Especially being No1 center.

snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
  #159
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
He was comparing their contracts.. comparable contracts because they're NEW CBA deals.

The difference in their cap hit reflects the difference in skill and the difference between a bonafide star #1 and a guy who is more of a top 6 tweener.

No-one is saying Zajac even comes close to Getzlaf..
Considering thats what I said after it was cleared up, I dont see why you continue to rag on something that was misinterpreted and then clearly explained.

snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
  #160
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Henrique played only 48 less seconds at even strength than Zajac per game. Once again (for the last time) Zajac is not a #1 center under Pete Deboer.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:13 PM
  #161
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I do however think its funny, as someone already brought up, that D. Brown's contract (the exact same one Zajac got, essentially) gets so much praise while Zajac's gets hammered. and they are VERY comparable players over their careers. and Zajac plays the tougher position and is better defensively. but hey, what does that matter right?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
  #162
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Henrique played only 48 less seconds at even strength than Zajac per game. Once again (for the last time) Zajac is not a #1 center under Pete Deboer.
I don't see how you can completely ignore PK and PP time lol

that is where your #1 center should be playing, and Zajac plays more than Henrique on both.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
  #163
snazzu88
Registered User
 
snazzu88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Henrique played only 48 less seconds at even strength than Zajac per game. Once again (for the last time) Zajac is not a #1 center under Pete Deboer.
In some ways I agree. I think the only reason why he's not No1 under Pete Deboer is because no one is clicking on the team. Sometimes you have to juggle lines to try and get those players to click on certain nights. Saying that I still agree with you saying he isn't a #1 center(more top 6), but he is the Devils #1 center.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I do however think its funny, as someone already brought up, that D. Brown's contract (the exact same one Zajac got, essentially) gets so much praise while Zajac's gets hammered. and they are VERY comparable players over their careers. and Zajac plays the tougher position and is better defensively. but hey, what does that matter right?
Yea but role wise they are different. Brown is the captain and plays a much more physical game than Zajac. Like I said they both have their pros but they counterbalance each ether. Skill wise comparable, but how they play, their style, and their roles are completely different.


Last edited by snazzu88: 07-28-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added quote
snazzu88 is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
  #164
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I don't see how you can completely ignore PK and PP time lol

that is where your #1 center should be playing, and Zajac plays more than Henrique on both.
I don't ignore special teams but true top line players are supposed to be big ES minutes eaters. Zajac is around #40 among centers in ice-time at ES. Nothing to be ashamed though, we should be comfortable with our depth.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 08:26 PM
  #165
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzu88 View Post
In some ways I agree. I think the only reason why he's not No1 under Pete Deboer is because no one is clicking on the team. Sometimes you have to juggle lines to try and get those players to click on certain nights. Saying that I still agree with you saying he isn't a #1 center(more top 6), but he is the Devils #1 center.

That makes sense...

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:43 PM
  #166
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I do however think its funny, as someone already brought up, that D. Brown's contract (the exact same one Zajac got, essentially) gets so much praise while Zajac's gets hammered. and they are VERY comparable players over their careers. and Zajac plays the tougher position and is better defensively. but hey, what does that matter right?
Maybe it's because Brown captained his team to a Cup just last season whereas Zajac has been absolutely dreadful in 2 of his last 3 seasons and the other one he missed 90% of with an injury so one player has been on the uptick while the other being Zajac looking nothing like the guy who put up 60 pts while centering Zach.

JR#9* is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 02:14 AM
  #167
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Maybe it's because Brown captained his team to a Cup just last season whereas Zajac has been absolutely dreadful in 2 of his last 3 seasons and the other one he missed 90% of with an injury so one player has been on the uptick while the other being Zajac looking nothing like the guy who put up 60 pts while centering Zach.
Zajac was also a huge part to Parise being a 94 and 83 point player. Without Zajac and Langenbrunner, he hasn't come close to replicating that production. The entire ZZ Pops line had great chemistry. Parise didn't make that line go. All 3 did. And all 3 had different roles on that line.

I'm confident Zajac will get back to being 55-60 point player while being a top 10 defensive forward like he always had been.

MJB Devils23* is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 02:36 AM
  #168
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
This is the Devils' Horcoff contract.
He will be untradeable unless they find someone desperate enough.
This

n00bxQb is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 06:50 AM
  #169
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGreene06 View Post
Zajac was also a huge part to Parise being a 94 and 83 point player. Without Zajac and Langenbrunner, he hasn't come close to replicating that production. The entire ZZ Pops line had great chemistry. Parise didn't make that line go. All 3 did. And all 3 had different roles on that line.

I'm confident Zajac will get back to being 55-60 point player while being a top 10 defensive forward like he always had been.
Not sure how you can be confident he'll be a 60 pt center again when he's been a 35-40pt guy his last 2 seasons and that was with Kovalchuk on the team.

The Devils had trouble scoring goals in those seasons but they will be even more hard pressed to generate offense so not sure why you expect a huge jump in pts from Zajac

JR#9* is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 06:53 AM
  #170
KaossKing
Pacing Well
 
KaossKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,373
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Not sure how you can be confident he'll be a 60 pt center again when he's been a 35-40pt guy his last 2 seasons and that was with Kovalchuk on the team.

The Devils had trouble scoring goals in those seasons but they will be even more hard pressed to generate offense so not sure why you expect a huge jump in pts from Zajac
Yes, Kovalchuk who scored more than 30 goals ONCE while with the Devils. I can see why Zajacs points should be skyrocketing with him around

KaossKing is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
  #171
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 35,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
JA11 was 2 days late on his Devils' alarm! disappointing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 12:03 PM
  #172
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Yes, Kovalchuk who scored more than 30 goals ONCE while with the Devils. I can see why Zajacs points should be skyrocketing with him around
So it was Kovalchuks fault that Zajac has been so inept offensively to the tune of 35/40 pts his last few seasons?

And what linemates on next years team will be the ones that get him back to 60+ pts as was predicted above by Devil fans?

JR#9* is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 12:10 PM
  #173
MardocAgain
Registered User
 
MardocAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Just you and me so far. The rest has been Devils fans "bracing themselves" for the experts/haters. I swear this place can make people go crazy .
On HF, if you're paid a penny more than your worth it's nothing but "overpaid, do not want!"

MardocAgain is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
  #174
BruceWayne*
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Zajac's contract is almost 1M overpaid. And it's 8 more years. The word putrid comes to mind, not untouchable. And yeah, I am a Devils fan.

BruceWayne* is offline  
Old
07-31-2013, 06:23 PM
  #175
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 566
Zajac = Horcoff = B prospect and late round pick. aka, not much.

vipernsx is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.