HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Travis Zajac

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2013, 07:33 PM
snazzu88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't why Dustin Brown all of a sudden comes into this argument either. He is a power forward winger--a poor man's Lucic in the physical game but Lucic is a poor man's Brown in the scoring department. I'd wager that given the choice of one of Brown, Lucic, Zajac--Zajac would come in way behind the other two.
He came into it as a comparison, and I would say a good one. The whole point is to show that having nearly the same production as Zajac(Slightly better) and a very close contract to his, and yet no one really says anything about Brown. Granted that they have different styles of play and have different roles; neither of their pros outweighs the other. You can't truly compare the two, but I do see where he is coming from.

Old
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
snazzu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
How on earth Zajac has a 1st line center contract ?

If you need to understand what really is a #1 contract under the new CBA you should take a look at Getzlaf's.

The lack of effort to have an honest discussion here is getting tiring.
I dont really see your argument in this one. If you are stating that this is what a true No1 center should look like, then it looks like a big chunk of the league has it wrong because Getz is one heck of a player. You are comparing Zajac to Getz?

Old
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzu88 View Post
I dont really see your argument in this one. If you are stating that this is what a true No1 center should look like, then it looks like a big chunk of the league has it wrong because Getz is one heck of a player. You are comparing Zajac to Getz?
I'm not sure how you can possibly read that post and write something like this. Not to mention, you clearly misunderstood my post you quoted given I was using the word "was".

UNDER THE NEW CBA also pretty relevant words here.

Old
07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

No, I'm saying Getz is a #1 center with a #1 center contract. I'm also saying Zajac is a top 6 center under a top 6 system (just have to check the Devils ES ice-time per player) with a top 6 center contract.

Old
07-28-2013, 07:55 PM
snazzu88

Quote:
No, I'm saying Getz is a #1 center with a #1 center contract. I'm also saying Zajac is a top 6 center under a top 6 system (just have to check the Devils ES ice-time per player) with a top 6 center contract.
See that sounds much better haha and I agree 100%. Love Zajac but he needs to step up being our No1 center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
I'm not sure how you can possibly read that post and write something like this. Not to mention, you clearly misunderstood my post you quoted given I was using the word "was".

UNDER THE NEW CBA also pretty relevant words here.
As for you I dont understand while so hostile. Sorry I misread your "was", dont need to freak out. And how can I write something like that? That fact that the way it was worded I read it as him comparing Zajac to Getz? He has that contract because Getz is damn good, whether under the old or new CBA. Yash did clear it up and it was understood much better.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
See that sounds much better haha and I agree 100%. Love Zajac but he needs to step up being our No1 center.
There's no doubt he had a bad season and unlike 2009-2010, he got no excuses this time, guy was really painful to watch. The criticism is warranted.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:

As for you I dont understand while so hostile. Sorry I misread your "was", dont need to freak out. And how can I write something like that? That fact that the way it was worded I read it as him comparing Zajac to Getz? He has that contract because Getz is damn good, whether under the old or new CBA. Yash did clear it up and it was understood much better.
He was comparing their contracts.. comparable contracts because they're NEW CBA deals.

The difference in their cap hit reflects the difference in skill and the difference between a bonafide star #1 and a guy who is more of a top 6 tweener.

No-one is saying Zajac even comes close to Getzlaf..

Old
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM
snazzu88

Quote:
There's no doubt he had a bad season and unlike 2009-2010, he got no excuses this time, guy was really painful to watch. The criticism is warranted.
Oh he did there's no getting around it. He started to step up the last few games, but you can't just play your best when you feel like it. Especially being No1 center.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
snazzu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
He was comparing their contracts.. comparable contracts because they're NEW CBA deals.

The difference in their cap hit reflects the difference in skill and the difference between a bonafide star #1 and a guy who is more of a top 6 tweener.

No-one is saying Zajac even comes close to Getzlaf..
Considering thats what I said after it was cleared up, I dont see why you continue to rag on something that was misinterpreted and then clearly explained.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Henrique played only 48 less seconds at even strength than Zajac per game. Once again (for the last time) Zajac is not a #1 center under Pete Deboer.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I do however think its funny, as someone already brought up, that D. Brown's contract (the exact same one Zajac got, essentially) gets so much praise while Zajac's gets hammered. and they are VERY comparable players over their careers. and Zajac plays the tougher position and is better defensively. but hey, what does that matter right?

Old
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Henrique played only 48 less seconds at even strength than Zajac per game. Once again (for the last time) Zajac is not a #1 center under Pete Deboer.
I don't see how you can completely ignore PK and PP time lol

that is where your #1 center should be playing, and Zajac plays more than Henrique on both.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
snazzu88

Quote:
In some ways I agree. I think the only reason why he's not No1 under Pete Deboer is because no one is clicking on the team. Sometimes you have to juggle lines to try and get those players to click on certain nights. Saying that I still agree with you saying he isn't a #1 center(more top 6), but he is the Devils #1 center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I do however think its funny, as someone already brought up, that D. Brown's contract (the exact same one Zajac got, essentially) gets so much praise while Zajac's gets hammered. and they are VERY comparable players over their careers. and Zajac plays the tougher position and is better defensively. but hey, what does that matter right?
Yea but role wise they are different. Brown is the captain and plays a much more physical game than Zajac. Like I said they both have their pros but they counterbalance each ether. Skill wise comparable, but how they play, their style, and their roles are completely different.

Last edited by snazzu88: 07-28-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
I don't see how you can completely ignore PK and PP time lol

that is where your #1 center should be playing, and Zajac plays more than Henrique on both.
I don't ignore special teams but true top line players are supposed to be big ES minutes eaters. Zajac is around #40 among centers in ice-time at ES. Nothing to be ashamed though, we should be comfortable with our depth.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
In some ways I agree. I think the only reason why he's not No1 under Pete Deboer is because no one is clicking on the team. Sometimes you have to juggle lines to try and get those players to click on certain nights. Saying that I still agree with you saying he isn't a #1 center(more top 6), but he is the Devils #1 center.

That makes sense...

Old
07-30-2013, 10:43 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Maybe it's because Brown captained his team to a Cup just last season whereas Zajac has been absolutely dreadful in 2 of his last 3 seasons and the other one he missed 90% of with an injury so one player has been on the uptick while the other being Zajac looking nothing like the guy who put up 60 pts while centering Zach.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:14 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Maybe it's because Brown captained his team to a Cup just last season whereas Zajac has been absolutely dreadful in 2 of his last 3 seasons and the other one he missed 90% of with an injury so one player has been on the uptick while the other being Zajac looking nothing like the guy who put up 60 pts while centering Zach.
Zajac was also a huge part to Parise being a 94 and 83 point player. Without Zajac and Langenbrunner, he hasn't come close to replicating that production. The entire ZZ Pops line had great chemistry. Parise didn't make that line go. All 3 did. And all 3 had different roles on that line.

I'm confident Zajac will get back to being 55-60 point player while being a top 10 defensive forward like he always had been.

Old
07-31-2013, 02:36 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
This is the Devils' Horcoff contract.
He will be untradeable unless they find someone desperate enough.
This

Old
07-31-2013, 06:50 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGreene06 View Post
Zajac was also a huge part to Parise being a 94 and 83 point player. Without Zajac and Langenbrunner, he hasn't come close to replicating that production. The entire ZZ Pops line had great chemistry. Parise didn't make that line go. All 3 did. And all 3 had different roles on that line.

I'm confident Zajac will get back to being 55-60 point player while being a top 10 defensive forward like he always had been.
Not sure how you can be confident he'll be a 60 pt center again when he's been a 35-40pt guy his last 2 seasons and that was with Kovalchuk on the team.

The Devils had trouble scoring goals in those seasons but they will be even more hard pressed to generate offense so not sure why you expect a huge jump in pts from Zajac

Old
07-31-2013, 06:53 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Not sure how you can be confident he'll be a 60 pt center again when he's been a 35-40pt guy his last 2 seasons and that was with Kovalchuk on the team.

The Devils had trouble scoring goals in those seasons but they will be even more hard pressed to generate offense so not sure why you expect a huge jump in pts from Zajac
Yes, Kovalchuk who scored more than 30 goals ONCE while with the Devils. I can see why Zajacs points should be skyrocketing with him around

Old
07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

JA11 was 2 days late on his Devils' alarm! disappointing.

Old
07-31-2013, 12:03 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Yes, Kovalchuk who scored more than 30 goals ONCE while with the Devils. I can see why Zajacs points should be skyrocketing with him around
So it was Kovalchuks fault that Zajac has been so inept offensively to the tune of 35/40 pts his last few seasons?

And what linemates on next years team will be the ones that get him back to 60+ pts as was predicted above by Devil fans?

Old
07-31-2013, 12:10 PM
MardocAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Just you and me so far. The rest has been Devils fans "bracing themselves" for the experts/haters. I swear this place can make people go crazy .
On HF, if you're paid a penny more than your worth it's nothing but "overpaid, do not want!"

Old
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
BruceWayne*
Risen

Zajac's contract is almost 1M overpaid. And it's 8 more years. The word putrid comes to mind, not untouchable. And yeah, I am a Devils fan.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:23 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Zajac = Horcoff = B prospect and late round pick. aka, not much.

Closed Thread