HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Winnipeg - Boston

Old
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Tbh thorburn has little trade value. This deal heavily favors the jets, and I'm a jets fan. We could use a top 6 winger if setoguchi doesn't re-sign, but not this season.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Not nearly enough coming back to Boston. I also don't see where either teams needs come in? Winnipeg is set at LW and Boston has plenty of offensive pop on defense now with Krug, Hamilton and now Morrow in the system.
Nothing to add to the trade but remember the Bruins' strength/depth in goal.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3668
OP is pretty bad in several ways:
-The Bruins don't need Enstrom as much as they need Marchand and Seidenberg (Thorburn is barely worth discussing TBH)
-The Jets don't need Marchand (to play behind Ladd and Kane) as much as they need Enstrom
-The value is skewed in the Jets' favour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmaht91 View Post
more like this

Bos gets

Kane
Enstrom

Winn gets

Marchand
Seidenberg
Kelly
caron
2nd rd pick
Now you're just making it stupid. You responded to a "I'll give you $5 for your $7" proposal with "I'll give you $5 for ONE MILLION DOLLARS". Thanks for your contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
What about Subban and Spooner for Trouba and Burmistrov?
Even disregarding Burmistrov entirely, I wouldn't do that. Trouba is one of the top defensive prospects in the world - I'd argue #2 behind only Jones. Subban and Spooner are B-level prospects.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
MuzzaFuzza
#NinetySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Even disregarding Burmistrov entirely, I wouldn't do that. Trouba is one of the top defensive prospects in the world - I'd argue #2 behind only Jones. Subban and Spooner are B-level prospects.
Murray is still better. He's definitely top 5.

MuzzaFuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:36 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
OP is pretty bad in several ways:
-The Bruins don't need Enstrom as much as they need Marchand and Seidenberg (Thorburn is barely worth discussing TBH)
-The Jets don't need Marchand (to play behind Ladd and Kane) as much as they need Enstrom
-The value is skewed in the Jets' favour

Now you're just making it stupid. You responded to a "I'll give you $5 for your $7" proposal with "I'll give you $5 for ONE MILLION DOLLARS". Thanks for your contribution.

I just wanted to see if you knew that those "B prospects" are rated as high or higher than Trouba at least on hockeysfuture.com?

Trouba is a good prospect but Spooner and Subban are also good prospects.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

vCash: 50
hi, Jets fan who wants no part of Seidenberg

kthnxbye

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
We have Krug and Hamilton, we're not exactly in need of offensive defensemen any more.

You'd have to overpay big time for Marchand. We're overpaying big time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Id love to see Marchand on a team that doesn't have Chara and Lucic to hide behind.

He would probably do the same things because you get a penalty if you punch someone in the face or you get suspended if you throw a dirty hit. Also, he'd be on a less defensive-minded team so he'd be much better offensively. And he would still piss you off, if not more.

If anything, Lucic and Chara are holding him back.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 07-28-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Confound
Vindication

Horrible for Boston

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:05 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Id love to see Marchand on a team that doesn't have Chara and Lucic to hide behind.
I'd love to know what this means.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:30 PM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBruinPride View Post
our leading scorer last season would only be a 3rd liner in the Jets? Wow the Jets must be seriously stacked all of a sudden!!
I would take Ladd and Kane both over Marchand every day and twice on Sundays

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
I'd love to know what this means.
It means exactly that
All he does is skate around being a dirt bag and hides behind his tough team mates and the refs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:39 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
It means exactly that
All he does is skate around being a dirt bag and hides behind his tough team mates and the refs
A dirt bag huh? Now that's a great summary. Quite informative.

So how does he 'hide' behind people on the bench... since ya know... him and lucic aren't on the same line and hence the ice the same time.

Or does lucic just give everyone the death stare when March is on the ice and they all go running scared ?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:40 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Pretty bad counter proposal IMO. Adding Kane makes the trade stupid from a Jets point of view.

Enstrom for Marchand make for a pretty good start in a trade discussion.
Maybe in NHL 14 by EA Spoirts. It is quite possible the 2 have similar point values in the game. And possibly their value is close to even.

But in the real world Marchand is Boston's top scorer, and Boston has a surplus of NHL defensemen already. So trading Boston's best pure offensive winger for a defenseman is the height of absurdity.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Flair Hay

Yeah Marchand is a fair bit of ****** but he's an extremely smart player that usually does a great job of sacrificing anything for the team. Even his pride is included in that, reason number one people hate him so much. Guys like him Burrows, Gallagher are all super effective.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:54 PM
AAKHS10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
To Winnipeg
D Dennis Seidenberg
F Brad Marchand

To Boston
D Toby Enstrom
F Chris Thorburn

Does Boston do this? Winnipeg could definitely use another legit top 9 forward and the d could use a left handed defensive minded guy. Boston looks like they could use a bit more offense from the back end. Taking contracts into consideration is the Value there?
I love this as a fan of the Jets. Do I ever. Haha. However I don't believe Boston gets a very good deal on this. And as much as I like it for the Jets. I feel like it'd be better to use Enstrom in a trade for a number one centre. Or a piece in the trade for a number one centre. Perhaps Enstrom,Rights to Burmistrov,Cormier,2nd, for Turris. I don't believe exactly that Turris is a number one centre but he can certainly split the job with Little.

AAKHS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 10:28 PM
gholas
UnRegistered UnUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I doubt either team does it. Enstrom is worth more to WPG than Marchand, but Sieds+Marchand is worth much more to Boston than Enstrom would be.
True, when Enstrom is hurt and out of the lineup all we do is win.

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 11:19 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Enstrom is overrated, I'm sorry. Bad deal for Boston. Marchand is a bit of a p**** but I would love him on the Jets.

HF prospect rankings are absolutely horrid...

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:12 AM
tgo0

Don't see how this makes Boston any better. Thorburn would have trouble cracking their AHL team.

tgo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Pasta La Vista
My name is Pete

Marchand is pretty locked into Boston IMO right now. It would have to be some outrageous offer for Chia to pull the trigger. He's 25, one of like 15 players in history to score 2 goals, and 4 points in a game 7 SCF, +76 rating in 218 GP. To top it all off he aggravates the poop out of everybody else on(and off) the ice. I would be mad if Boston traded him away.

Pasta La Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:50 AM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

vCash: 69
Personally, I'd take Marchand out of the trade then do it. Don't really want Marchand on the Jets (agree he has some skill, just not a fan of him... plus Boston loves the guy so let them keep him). I've been saying to friends for a while that eventually Buff or Enstrom needs to be traded for a more defensive defender for the first pairing. Plus by the time Bogosian is really ready to take that top pairing, Seidenberg will be a bit older and can go down to the second/third pairing.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:59 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Marchand is one of my favorite players and would LOVE to have him on the JETS. That said, I don't believe he'd be available and think the Bruins would be foolish to trade him.

Thorburn thrown in is an insult as he just doesn't have much value but I'd be all for sweetening the pot. Heck I'd possibly even include the JETS 2014 1st round draft pick +. Of course that is because I absolutely love what he brings to the table each and every night.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:30 PM
eskimo7737

no way.. bad trade for Boston

eskimo7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:16 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
To Winnipeg
D Dennis Seidenberg
F Brad Marchand

To Boston
D Toby Enstrom
F Chris Thorburn

Does Boston do this? Winnipeg could definitely use another legit top 9 forward and the d could use a left handed defensive minded guy. Boston looks like they could use a bit more offense from the back end. Taking contracts into consideration is the Value there?
This makes absolutely no sense for the Bruins. First off, ditching their top scorer from 2013 when they're already thin at forward is downright silly. Secondly, while Enstrom has better marketplace value than Seidenberg, the Bruins are actually quite set with offensive-minded blueliners in the system as it stands now... and Seidenberg (while needing some minutes-reduction) is a perfect fit for Boston's system.

Finally - in addition to the B's needs not being addressed - the value is off by a wide margin. Boston is in 'win now' mode, and there's no impetus for this deal (or even one adjusted to 'value even' levels by addition of a pick/prospect) to get made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
What about Subban and Spooner for Trouba and Burmistrov?
Aside from Burmistrov, this isn't a terrible proposal by value. I'm not as personally high on Trouba as some, but he's an A-level prospect. Subban is also one of the best prospects at his position in the hockey world but goaltenders being what they are, his value is significantly less.

Spooner is pretty underrated by this board in-general - especially after a season where he was the top rookie scorer in the AHL. Adding-him equalizes (or nearly so) the value - but rarely are non-struggling prospects dealing and Winnipeg has no incentive to deal the higher-value prospect in this arrangement.

Really don't see these teams as ideal trading partners.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Boston Bruins248*

Quote:
To Winnipeg
D Dennis Seidenberg
F Brad Marchand

To Boston
D Toby Enstrom
F Chris Thorburn

Winnipeg needs to add a tube of Lube

Boston Bruins248* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Shmuffalo
Responsible O'Reilly

This seems like a waste of time and resources. Boston would be better to go after Alfredsson at the deadline.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote