HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yahoo Lists Lehtonen as 15th best goaltender in NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-29-2013, 12:48 AM
  #26
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
How do you explain Columbus, Nashville, and Phoenix making the top 6?
Rinne is legit.

Bobrovsky just won the Norris.

No idea with Smith, maybe the fact that he just re-signed or something.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 01:55 AM
  #27
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Division title and WCF appearance in 2011-2? This list says playoffs all over the place. Excluding Bob for the Vezina and Price for general overrating of the Habs, the remaining 7 of the top 9 all have won at least 2 playoff rounds since the 2009-10 playoffs, and at 10 and 11 are guys who won cups.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:30 AM
  #28
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Rinne is legit.

Bobrovsky just won the Norris.

No idea with Smith, maybe the fact that he just re-signed or something.
Point being that not only goalies from high profile hockey town teams are highly ranked. Personally, I like Lehtonen and think he's a very good goalie but he's one player I feel like our board overrates. I would be interested to find out where most posters here would rank him league-wide. To me, he's right in that 11-15 or so range. For various reasons there are at least 10 goalies I would rather have on my team than Lehtonen.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:47 AM
  #29
Hound
Roll Tide
 
Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Point being that not only goalies from high profile hockey town teams are highly ranked. Personally, I like Lehtonen and think he's a very good goalie but he's one player I feel like our board overrates. I would be interested to find out where most posters here would rank him league-wide. To me, he's right in that 11-15 or so range. For various reasons there are at least 10 goalies I would rather have on my team than Lehtonen.
I'm not saying that only goalies for high profile teams rank well on the list just that generally speaking players for higher profile teams get more attention. Look at Benn not making Canada's Olympic roster for example. I'm sure you're right that we tend to overrate because we are a bunch of biased Stars fans, but you can't deny that if Kari played for the bruins, rangers, pens, etc, he would probably be ranked at least a little higher.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
  #30
haf
Registered User
 
haf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Very similar to quarterbacks, goalies are judged on playoff success, ultimately.
If we make the playoffs and Lehts stands on his and gets us through a round, he would shoot up this list.

I think we tend to overrate him because we know how bad our defense is, and just how truly terrible the last couple of years could have been if he hadn't been here.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #31
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
Very similar to quarterbacks, goalies are judged on playoff success, ultimately.
If we make the playoffs and Lehts stands on his and gets us through a round, he would shoot up this list.
I agree with you. I couldn't respect a list ranking goaltenders where a guy with 2 NHL playoff games is in the top 10. I would love to hear an argument against that line of thinking.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 03:22 AM
  #32
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Kari's new mask.

http://ingoalmag.com/masks/another-n...k-ex-teammate/


Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.