HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Anybody knows if FIFA13 will make a roster updates?

I can't find Bernardello, they dont have the argentinian league.
Bernardello is with UD Almeira on FIFA IIRC. Off to France for 2 weeks.. Allstar game & Impact games will be at like 1-2 AM. FML lol

Old
07-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
Was at the game yesterday.... Was just sick.. The goal at the 96th made us explode. That chant going back and forth between the 2 sides of the stadium was epic. We should do it more often! Also, that dirty thing on Brovsky after the goal made me wanna go rip that guy's head off.. totally classless
The Ultras are trying to get the whole stadium to get in on that chant. It would be ****ing epic if everyone joined in

Edit: From last season

Old
07-28-2013, 12:56 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

One day, it'll work. It has already improved by a great amount since last year.

Old
07-28-2013, 01:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
The Ultras are trying to get the whole stadium to get in on that chant. It would be ****ing epic if everyone joined in

I noticed the "Impact Montreal Ole!!" sounded amazing on TV. Probably even more live. But my real dream would be the whole Stadium chanting the famous "Aux Armes"

Old
07-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Bud2790

That'd be amazing

Old
07-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Bud2790

Anyone going to be watching the Gold Cup final? It's on Fox at 4PM

Old
07-28-2013, 03:03 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Anyone going to be watching the Gold Cup final? It's on Fox at 4PM
I'm undecided as of yet.

Old
07-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Bud2790

How can you resist to such a matchup?

Old
07-28-2013, 03:49 PM
schumway2

I just looked up the 2000 Gold Cup results when Canada won. The attendance for the final was 7,000. Some games had 2-3k people. The tournament has progressed a little since then.

Old
07-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Bud2790

Break Shea has been pretty inconsistent all tournament long, but he's been amazing since coming on in the 68'. Scored a goal 42 seconds after subbing on and has been all over the field. He's been much better than Corona was.

USA takes it 1-0 over Panama.

Last edited by Bud2790: 07-28-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old
07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Now you're just exagerating. Nesta was great in the 2nd half. He shouldn't play every game but in an MLS cup final he'd still be my #1 choice on defense.

Overall the game was a bit boring, Brovsky had a fantastic 2nd half. But gosh I don't even know how many times I cursed Arnaud. The guy is a warrior, but does he ****ing suck? He killed all our offensive chances.

Glad to see Smith scores, it was a great goal. Back to 1st
I agree that Nesta is being harshly criticized, it's just a fact of him being overplayed. I even found Ferrari to be lacking this year, especially in his decision making. The only positions that havent really been rotated much this year has been center back, so it's time to see those guy get a break.

As far as Arnaud is concerned i'm not really too put off by his play, he generally makes good runs and passes it around efficiently. He made that horrific play that cost us a game a while back, but @%$ happens. I've been much more discouraged by Felipe's play this year, as i feel he doesn't have that killer instinct this year for through balls and overall combativity in the midfield that i saw last year. Bernier has consistently been the guy to make the key pass/play in a game, and that from a more removed position on the field.

If it were up to me, i'd start trying Bernier farther up the pitch with Bernadello behind him, and Felipe sitting or playing out more on the wings.

I'd also like to see Nyassi back to his super sub role, as he can flat out terrorize defenses with his speed late in games. I also think they should try him as a striker, like they do with Walcott at Arsenal. Like Walcott, Nyassi can't pass very well, but if you get a through ball pass defenses to him, he's proven that he can finish. He's simply not a great a wing player because he's too one-dimensional. In a two-striker system however, i could see him really shine.

And of course, i think it's due time to give Smith a start. He's earned it.

Old
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Bernadello for Arnaud and Smith for Nyassi. Maybe even Romero for Felipe. Andres has been good as an axial player the last two times he came in for Felipe.
I don't know soccer...but since the first game I saw Smith in, this reads so much untapped potential. Great skills, great mind for soccer. And still real young. As far as Nyassi is concerned, seems to me more flashy but do seem like more tire he is, worst decisions he's taking. Seems to me like the perfect replacement in the last part of game.

Old
07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
gelu88

With Bernardello's entry and Smith's starter worthy play, im really looking forward to hearing about practice this week.

What formation will we play? who will be left out?

In a 4-3-3 I have to imagine Felipe will be dropped for Hernan, perhaps Nyassi for Smith.

Actually irrespective of formation I think those 2 are the most likely to be on the bench.

Old
07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
JunglePete

Not the best game but hey we needed that 3 points so lets take it. I believe we know now for sure that Nyassi is no more than super-sub at the end of the game when we need legs, sorry but the dude is just awful with the ball, his speed is probably the only reason why he remains with the team. Ferrari - Nesta is so risky nowadays I would give one of them a rest and put Adrian instead.

Bernier made so many mistakes but people seemd to be more harsh towards Arnaud but quite frankly Arnaud made so many interceptions but seemed more ’weak’ with the ball. Bernier cant run for ***** to save his life. Di Vaio seemed like he ate a big poutine with some pizza before the game bc he was heavy on the field , Smith deserves a starting spot WE GET IT and Schalli did too

Im not really a fan of Bernardello signing even though I dont know him but hopefully he proves most of us wrong and he doesnt become ’another DP flop’. Still believe Flamini was a better choice but he probably said hey fkcu u. Dude is made for MLS

Old
07-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Captain Saku

I wonder what's Schalli's plan for the next 2 games? Is he going to put priority on the CL game or the DC United game?

I would go like this for DC United game (4-3-3)
Perkins, Brovsky, Camara, Nesta, Iapichino, Felipe, Bernier, Arnaud, Smith, Paponi, Romero.

Bernardello comes in for Bernier.

Then against SJ I'd go (4-4-2):
Bush, Camara, Piscu, Ferrari, Brovsky, Bernardello, Bernier, Smith, Mapp, Paponi, Di Vaio.

We could also play 4-2-3-1 with Romero behind Di Vaio.

Old
07-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
That chant is really cool. It usually comes up at the 60th minute mark.
Yeah but saying the whole stadium sang it is a lie, ususally it's between the Ultra's and section 127 on the corner only. If they want it to work, they should should relocate section 127 fans at the other end of the stadium..

Old
07-28-2013, 07:27 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yeah but saying the whole stadium sang it is a lie, ususally it's between the Ultra's and section 127 on the corner only. If they want it to work, they should should relocate section 127 fans at the other end of the stadium..
Last three games I went were in three different locations: 133, under the roof team benches side and 112. The ones that don't really sing it is on 112 Viau side. It's pretty good for what we're used to with a Montreal soccer crowd but obviously, there's a lot of progress to be made.

Old
07-28-2013, 07:58 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:

Indeed. I think that we'll get some good progress done by the time the playoffs come. We dont have the Timber's army, but with time we'll get ourselves a nice cheering fan base.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:10 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

People that don't go watch them at Saputo stadium should know you get awesome freebies to. Yesterday we got liquid yogurt thing + a Coors Light IMFC sleeve to keep your beer cold!

Old
07-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Got to go to my first Impact game yesterday. Stade Saputo is a great place to watch a game, and the crowd was excellent, even outside the Ultras section.

Old
07-29-2013, 12:19 AM
EurOConnEcton

My take on some of our players performance.

Arnaud: He gives effort ill give him that and he did make runs and played hard defensively also but his lack of skill in the offensive zone is just not up to standard with this club. He gives away so many opportunities and unlike Nyassi who gives away plenty at least with his speed he creates his own opportunities.

Nyassi: I agree with most of you, he is your ideal sub to come in with 20 minutes left to take advantage against tired opponents. His speed is definitely an asset for this club and having him on the bench gives our squad depth and gives our coach some tactical options.

Camara: Love him, he started the play on Smith's goal with that pass that Bernier dummied. Played hard all game and was solid defensively while giving us some of his usual offensive pushes that he does so well.

Felipe: Something is lacking, his touches on the ball were off. Was a smart decision subbing him off for Romero. I know Felipe can deliver more then what he has been giving its just a matter of time till he finds his groove back.

Perkins: Plain and simple, this guy is a warrior and did what he had to do in net to give us a chance to win.

Nesta: I agree with the criticism of him lately and yes his first half wasn't that pretty but i do think he had a much better 2nd half and made up for his slow start.

Old
07-29-2013, 02:23 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurOConnEcton View Post
My take on some of our players performance.

Arnaud: He gives effort ill give him that and he did make runs and played hard defensively also but his lack of skill in the offensive zone is just not up to standard with this club. He gives away so many opportunities and unlike Nyassi who gives away plenty at least with his speed he creates his own opportunities.

Nyassi: I agree with most of you, he is your ideal sub to come in with 20 minutes left to take advantage against tired opponents. His speed is definitely an asset for this club and having him on the bench gives our squad depth and gives our coach some tactical options.

Camara: Love him, he started the play on Smith's goal with that pass that Bernier dummied. Played hard all game and was solid defensively while giving us some of his usual offensive pushes that he does so well.

Felipe: Something is lacking, his touches on the ball were off. Was a smart decision subbing him off for Romero. I know Felipe can deliver more then what he has been giving its just a matter of time till he finds his groove back.

Perkins: Plain and simple, this guy is a warrior and did what he had to do in net to give us a chance to win.

Nesta: I agree with the criticism of him lately and yes his first half wasn't that pretty but i do think he had a much better 2nd half and made up for his slow start.

Mind blowing seeing him score these goals, I knew he had hidden talent. I guess he is more of a AM maybe switch him with Felipe for 1 game and see the outcame? Might be beneficial to both of them.
When Will Bernardello come back?

Old
07-29-2013, 02:51 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post

Mind blowing seeing him score these goals, I knew he had hidden talent. I guess he is more of a AM maybe switch him with Felipe for 1 game and see the outcame? Might be beneficial to both of them.
When Will Bernardello come back?
Arnaud is toast. The league has evolved, he got older. It shows when he plays. Just please relegate him to the bench. It's not about his will or work ethic. He's just not good anymore. And is always whining, which annoys me greatly and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is annoyed by that.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Woland

[QUOTE=MooseOllini;69693017]Was at the game yesterday.... Was just sick.. The goal at the 96th made us explode. That chant going back and forth between the 2 sides of the stadium was epic. We should do it more often! Also, that dirty thing on Brovsky after the goal made me wanna go rip that guy's head off.. totally classless[/QUOTE]

????

karma is a btich

Last edited by Woland: 07-29-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old
07-29-2013, 10:10 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I love this team. I hope we can win the cup this year.

It's been a hell of a year.

Closed Thread