HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread Part IV - Let's Make A Deal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2013, 11:44 PM
  #876
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,210
vCash: 500
I wonder which players we will be able to dump before the season starts. Pyatt is a solid 4th liner, but he's paid too much for 4th line minutes. I think he can be of value. With the acquisition of Moore, Boyle becomes expandable. What team would be interested in him?


I was watching Friends with my GF and suddenly saw this, by the way. Looks like he has more talents:


__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 12:17 AM
  #877
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
I wonder which players we will be able to dump before the season starts. Pyatt is a solid 4th liner, but he's paid too much for 4th line minutes. I think he can be of value. With the acquisition of Moore, Boyle becomes expandable. What team would be interested in him?


I was watching Friends with my GF and suddenly saw this, by the way. Looks like he has more talents:

That's not an accomplishment. The story of the late seasons of Friends was trash.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  #878
Aufheben
Moderator
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 11,315
vCash: 69
Should have worked on Seinfeld. Trade him.

Aufheben is online now  
Old
07-29-2013, 06:39 AM
  #879
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Many of the free agents will have a tough time finding a contract this season. Teams are going with young players on entry level contracts. They are using the bonus cushion. If those bonuses hit and they don't have the room,roll them over into the 14-15 cap which will be $70M.

Darren Millard of Sportsnet

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips...ider_Jul27.mp3

The GMs are telling the agents to look at how much space they have by going to Capgeek.com

The players are calling their agents and asking what's going on.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 06:54 AM
  #880
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Should have worked on Seinfeld. Trade him.
Sean Avery-Scott Gomez-Larry Davids

Ola is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 08:04 AM
  #881
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
trade Boyle Pyatt and Asham for picks and unsigned prospects/projects to clear cap space. Sign Mayson Raymond.. he would add a much needed LW which Rangers dont have much other than Hagelin Kreider and Pouliot... I bet Raymond gets either a tryout or signed close to training camp once Rangers (hopefully) clear cap space.. resign Stepan and trade Zucc..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 08:48 AM
  #882
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
trade Boyle Pyatt and Asham for picks and unsigned prospects/projects to clear cap space. Sign Mayson Raymond.. he would add a much needed LW which Rangers dont have much other than Hagelin Kreider and Pouliot... I bet Raymond gets either a tryout or signed close to training camp once Rangers (hopefully) clear cap space.. resign Stepan and trade Zucc..
Stacking the lineup with a ton of 2nd/3rd line tweeners at LW doesnt help much. Its redundant.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 08:54 AM
  #883
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Stacking the lineup with a ton of 2nd/3rd line tweeners at LW doesnt help much. Its redundant.
Agreed. Dealing those guys just so we can have Pouliot and Raymond on the 3rd and 4th lines is pointless. They aren't 4th line players.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-29-2013, 09:06 AM
  #884
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed. Dealing those guys just so we can have Pouliot and Raymond on the 3rd and 4th lines is pointless. They aren't 4th line players.
Its a symptom of Sather's abysmal roster construction. The notion of roles seem to fly out the window.

What is Mason Raymond going to add that, in theory, Hagelin, Kreider, and Pouliot won't be adding?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  #885
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Another potential group III signed. Its going to cost a fortune to keep Callahan. From: @CraigCustance
Sent: Jul 30, 2013 11:21a

Joe Pavelski's deal is five years, worth $30 million total.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CraigCustance/sta...31500994908161

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
  #886
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Another potential group III signed. Its going to cost a fortune to keep Callahan. From: @CraigCustance
Sent: Jul 30, 2013 11:21a

Joe Pavelski's deal is five years, worth $30 million total.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CraigCustance/sta...31500994908161
I don't think so. Pavelski's a better player than Callahan. Still in the 5-5.5 range expected tbh.

iamitter is online now  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:49 AM
  #887
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Another potential group III signed. Its going to cost a fortune to keep Callahan. From: @CraigCustance
Sent: Jul 30, 2013 11:21a

Joe Pavelski's deal is five years, worth $30 million total.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CraigCustance/sta...31500994908161
I think we all expect Callahan to get about 5M or more which is about what a 2nd liner in this day gets.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:50 AM
  #888
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Here's a question, if the Rangers only bridge Stepan, how much do you pay him?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
  #889
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Here's a question, if the Rangers only bridge Stepan, how much do you pay him?
High $2 millions.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
  #890
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
High $2 millions.
I think thats about right.. When Couture signed his bridge deal, he ended up signing 2 years 5.75

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
  #891
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?

EveryDay is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
  #892
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?
I wouldn't. Lots of people here would.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #893
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?
speaking for myself, absolutely not.. He's too valuable of a PKer and face off guy and a solid 4th liner to trade him for a 3rd rounder.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #894
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?
No. Would have to be a 2nd. We traded a 3rd to get him, and that was before he made the NHL full time. Even with Moore, Boyle is still valuable as a PKer and faceoff guy.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #895
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?
Not a chance. We got him for a third when he was a reclamation project and not an NHL player. We then forged him into an excellent defensive center who is giant and great on faceoffs. We're supposed to give that up for a 5% chance at an NHL player?

If we don't get what Gaustad got, I'm fine with keeping him. He's been great for us for all the **** he takes from fans.

iamitter is online now  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
  #896
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No. Would have to be a 2nd. We traded a 3rd to get him, and that was before he made the NHL full time. Even with Moore, Boyle is still valuable as a PKer and faceoff guy.
lets see how Moore performs in camp as well. He's been out of the league a year.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
  #897
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I wouldn't. Lots of people here would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
speaking for myself, absolutely not.. He's too valuable of a PKer and face off guy and a solid 4th liner to trade him for a 3rd rounder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No. Would have to be a 2nd. We traded a 3rd to get him, and that was before he made the NHL full time. Even with Moore, Boyle is still valuable as a PKer and faceoff guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Not a chance. We got him for a third when he was a reclamation project and not an NHL player. We then forged him into an excellent defensive center who is giant and great on faceoffs. We're supposed to give that up for a 5% chance at an NHL player?

If we don't get what Gaustad got, I'm fine with keeping him. He's been great for us for all the **** he takes from fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
lets see how Moore performs in camp as well. He's been out of the league a year.
Thanks, what it would take then to get him in MTL? You guys have already 14 forwards under contract for next year without Stepan, would you need prospect picks or players?

EveryDay is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:16 AM
  #898
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
You guys have already 14 forwards under contract for next year without Stepan
Do you want Asham and Powe?

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
  #899
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,927
vCash: 500
I think getting rid of Boyle would be a huge mistake. This team does not have many players that can adequately fill a 4th line role.

I like the idea of a Boyle-Moore-Dorsett 4th line. In fact, I think its the only line that'd be completely adequate on this team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
  #900
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Would you guy trade Boyle to MTL for a 3rd pick ?
I am not Brian Boyle's biggest fan, most here can attest to that.

Brian Boyle is a 4th liner with exceptional PK ability and an above average face off guy.

If I am trading him, I want McCarron and the 3rd in return at the very least.

McCarron is a big bodied project that may turn out to be what Brian Boyle is today.

The only reason I would consider this is to shed the salary to make additional room should someone sneak up on us with an offer sheet for Stepan.

Other wise, I'd prefer to keep Boyle.

There's no incentive to trade Boyle.

pld459666 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.