HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville and Florida

Old
07-29-2013, 11:37 AM
thecloser

vCash: 500
Nashville and Florida

Alright, so I want to start this thread by asking Florida fans where you believe your franchise is at and what direction you're heading? I know you have some young prospects with high potential so I wanted to know; are y'all rebuilding or just trying to progress slowly?

Now with that said comes my proposal two different ways. Feel free to deny it, accept it or change it. Let me know your thoughts.

1st proposal:
to NSH
Fleischmann

to FLA
Smith
Ellis

2nd proposal
to NSH
Fleischmann

to FLA
Ellis
Watson

I was gonna put Gaustad in there at a proposal but figured if its a full rebuild then young guys would probably be more of your targeted player. Possibly a draft pick from the 3rd-5th range could be added from our side?

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:41 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Ellis + Watson is definitely the better of the two offers. Even then, we'd have to add a pick at least I'd imagine.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:44 AM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

I'd do something like that as a Panthers fan

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Know virtually nothing about Fleischmann's game other than his stat sheet; I need to watch the Pants more often apparently. Offer doesn't seem terribly far off; I'm just not in love with banking on Bartley / Ekholm with no other real options for the third pairing.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:10 PM
ShootIt

How has Watson progressed?

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Watson has been one of the best players at development camp.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:23 PM
thecloser

Ok so say we do Watson, Ellis and a 3rd for Fleischmann. We could then sign Grant Clitsome, an underrated d-man for a one or two year deal to be a main stay on the 3rd pair. He'd cost around 1.2-1.5 id think.

These moves would keep our 3rd pair steady and allow them to tryout and play the better of Bartley/Ekholm and give us a forward who would do extremely well here.

Old
07-29-2013, 12:32 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Ok so say we do Watson, Ellis and a 3rd for Fleischmann. We could then sign Grant Clitsome, an underrated d-man for a one or two year deal to be a main stay on the 3rd pair. He'd cost around 1.2-1.5 id think.

These moves would keep our 3rd pair steady and allow them to tryout and play the better of Bartley/Ekholm and give us a forward who would do extremely well here.
I believe Clitsome signed a 3-year deal with the Peg. For $2 mil. a year.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:33 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

We don't really have the cap space to make this an acceptable deal, and Fleischmann has a NMC.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Alright, so I want to start this thread by asking Florida fans where you believe your franchise is at and what direction you're heading? I know you have some young prospects with high potential so I wanted to know; are y'all rebuilding or just trying to progress slowly?
Yes its a full re-build but it started 3 yrs ago so now they are trying to integrate the young players into the lineup more (Huberdeau last yr, Barkov this coming yr, etc). Even with the rebuild, Tallon wants to be competitive which is why he signed guys like Flash and traded for Versteeg & Campbell. But guys like Fleischmann are still important to give the young players someone to have to leap over and prove they are better then. He led the Panthers in scoring in 2 straight yrs so he's got value and I dont think he would come cheap.
Quote:
Now with that said comes my proposal two different ways. Feel free to deny it, accept it or change it. Let me know your thoughts.

1st proposal:
to NSH
Fleischmann

to FLA
Smith
Ellis

2nd proposal
to NSH
Fleischmann

to FLA
Ellis
Watson

I was gonna put Gaustad in there at a proposal but figured if its a full rebuild then young guys would probably be more of your targeted player. Possibly a draft pick from the 3rd-5th range could be added from our side?
Dale Tallon would reject both offers IMO. Just not enough of what we would want coming back and wouldnt really help the rebuild either.

Ellis wouldnt be valued by the Panthers with other young d-men already in the stable who are already NHLers (Kulikov, Gudbranson) and near ready NHLers (Robak, Petrovic, Caruso). Thats not even to mention the guys like Matheson, McCoshen, Racine & Downing who could all figure into the lineup eventually (Matheson being the closest).

Smith & Watson would have some value to the Panthers but couldnt be the key piece in a deal for Fleischmann. I think there were rumors Tallon was dangling Flesichmann around the time of the draft and it would be my assumption, to get another 1st round pick. Since that time has come & gone and Flash is still a Panther, I think Tallon would keep Flash for at least another season baring an overpayment by some team.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Iron Duke

I would think Fleischman is still a piece that Florida would want to keep around, and that Watson and Ellis, after having been developed through the system, would be pieces Nashville would want to keep as well.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Nice offer, but I'd hang on to Flash for now. He's one of the few veteran forwards that we'll be icing this coming season.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I can see dealing Ellis, less so Watson...but either way, I'm not sure Flash is the right piece to deal our key chips for.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Know virtually nothing about Fleischmann's game other than his stat sheet; I need to watch the Pants more often apparently. Offer doesn't seem terribly far off; I'm just not in love with banking on Bartley / Ekholm with no other real options for the third pairing.
He's very offensively skilled and a good skater. Not much of a physical or two-way game though. Very high character guy, always a coach's favorite and popular with his teammates. I've heard he played street hockey with the neighborhood kids when he was with the Caps.

Never a playoff performer though, he was even benched for a game 7 at one point. His game just doesn't transfer well, it seems.

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 01:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I don't trade Ellis and Watson for Fleischman

We can get better. He isn't much of an upgrade over anyone we have

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

Why does Flash waive his NMC to go from a non-playoff team to a non -playoff team? I also think Florida is happy with his production, and his contract is reasonable. I don't know much about the Preds, but aren't they rebuilding? Why would they trade some young guns?

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Why does Flash waive his NMC to go from a non-playoff team to a non -playoff team? I also think Florida is happy with his production, and his contract is reasonable. I don't know much about the Preds, but aren't they rebuilding? Why would they trade some young guns?
I doubt they would, though some of our fans are willing to trade off solid young assets for anything resembling offensive skill right now. Preds aren't really in a "blow-it-up" rebuild, but do have quite a bit of youth and aren't really in a position where a trade like this would translate into significantly greater success.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Could be the worst trading partners unless it's another AHL caliber move which they love to make. Both teams needs offense

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:59 PM
FrolikFan67

well i was absolutely in love with ellis in that draft, he was my favorite player outside of the top ones, with kulikov being my 2nd favorite, so i was still happy (but devastated when the preds picked ellis). so id love to make a trade for ellis, im just not dealing fleischmann though. hes been our best forward the 2 years hes been here imo. still has 2yrs left at a very reasonable cap hit (avg 24G-36A=60PTS in his 2 seasons here at just 4.5per). im holding onto him unless its a really nice deal.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:03 PM
ShootIt

You guys want Upshall for a 7th round pick in 2019?

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:33 PM
thecloser

We have a good amount of 30+ aged players. Cullen, Fishsticks, Leggy, Nystrom, Hendricks, Goose(?).

When I think of Flash, contrary to my fellow Preds fans, I don't think he resembles much of things we already have to be quite honest.

Old
07-29-2013, 06:11 PM
predshabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Preds do not = non playoff team just had tons of injuries last year
As far as the offers go I would do the Ellis/Smith deal. -3.44Million+4.5Million only a net gain to the cap of 1.06 Million. Not to mention are fairly decent player. I would be happier with him but I also would feel alot happier if we add a top line center.

Last edited by predshabs: 07-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.
predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:15 PM
PAZ

I don't see Flash ever coming out West again. East is a lot less travelling and easier on his body. I believe he had/has to wear a special type of suit when flying as well.

He left the Avs because of a serious blood-clot issue.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
Preds do not = non playoff team just had tons of injuries last year
As far as the offers go I would do the Ellis/Smith deal. -3.44Million+4.5Million only a net gain to the cap of 1.06 Million. Not to mention are fairly decent player. I would be happier with him but I also would feel alot happier if we add a top line center.
Nashville's first line center is Matt Cullen I'm pretty sure you guys are in trouble for this year, even though your division isn't that bad. Hang on to your young guns and trust in Trotz's magic and you'll bounce back soon, but not this year. Panthers and Preds win if they're patient.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
thecloser

Not trying to be a dick here but last year, as much as I hate using this term was a fluke. The Panthers are not in the same category as the Preds. The only thing we have in common is being a small market team. I like the Panthers but lets get real, Florida has made the playoffs Once in the last 12 years or something and the Preds missed them twice in the last 9 years.

Unlike other teams we've always done more with less. Maybe Cullen is our first line center but IMO he's better than Leggy and Fisher at times it seems to me we've done quite alright with those two anchoring first line centerman duties.

I expect that with a healthy Rinne and a healthy team we'll be in the playoffs just like the last 7/9 appearances.